It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just because there is life somewhere else does that mean God does not exsist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This is just a simple question in regards to the new findings that there might be life on mars. To me finding life on another planet does not destroy religion. Im Christian and have read the bible many times and as far as I know now where in the bible does it say that Life was just made here on earth. It says that Humans are Gods Unique Creation and non are like him, but does that mean we are alone. If you really think about aliens would be any type of life. God says that he has angels I would consider these to be aliens. Right? God himself would also be considered alien to us. He is a creator and is another form of life. What do you guys think

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Why would it destroy religion? Shake it? Maybe because mainstream religion has declared for centuries that the erath is the only planet with life. Where they get that idea, I haven't a clue. But, I don't see where it would "destroy" religion.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Religion cant die it is to ingraind in most peoples life. science has declaired findings like man is far older than thought by religions and such yet they didnt allow such trivial maters to hurt them why start now? all it would mean is god didnt tell us of his side projects and we arent as special as we would like to think. personaly i would like it to shake religion, you know stir the pot a bit, keep them on their toes. no offence of coarse.

[edit on 123131p://1508pm by superevoman]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Super, well, it would certainly shake it. However, when someone says "destroy," they typically mean to eliminate. I don't see any event ever eliminating religion.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

yes relighion is like cochroaches and twinkies... survive nukes and all that. still like i said, i would like it shaken, not stired or destroyed

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Simply put, it states nowhere in the Bible that the only form of Life is on earth, so why would it endanger his existence?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Of course us humans are special. I guess things could have gotten shaken up a bit in John 3:16 - had John stated "For God so loved THIS world" but he didn't he stated "the world."

I think life on Mars would be a fascinating discovery and personally don't feel in any way threatened by it - if anything it reinforces my faith.

In the book of Daniel we learn that in the last days knowledge will be increased. We'll always have new inventions - but putting men on the moon and rovers on Mars - now we're talking increased knowledge.

I think it's exciting!

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
yeah i feel that in the bible god only tells us about us and this earth because whats going on else where does not cocern us

new topics

top topics

join