It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would they all lie ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Its a very simple question but why would so many lie in regards to what they have witnessed ?. Now im willing to exclude people like Bill Cooper whos motives would have been financial, which we can place in the "UFO's for cash section". But what about people who have nothing to gain and everything to loose but coming forth ?, just look at what its done in kecksburg to families and friends who to this day disagree on what happened.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
some are insane, very ill,

and some people get fired, so they wanna trash talk.

but i think a good portion of witnesses are very honest.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by Drzava]

[edit on 23-8-2007 by Drzava]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drzava
some are insane, very ill,

I agree 100% but this does not account countless honest people telling a true story. Thats like saying just because some priest molest young boys the whole chruch does it.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
attention from the media maybe? even though i think people seeking attention that desperately fall into the insane or very ill categories

it's usually pretty easy to tell whose being sincere these days.. at least i think it is..

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I want to start by saying I don't believe all of them are lieing.

However, there are more than a few ways to look at things (I'm speaking in general).

- Some may do it for attention.

- Some may do it because they want to believe its true.

- Some may do it because it started as some type of story they told a friend, but when people started noticing they felt obligated to maintain the story rather than admit a lie.

- Some may feel it will make a vehicle for some alternate purpose.

- Some may mistakenly believe it will some how lead to a little $$ in their pocket.

- Some may think that by lieing about an experience, it may force the government to reveal truths about the topic in general.

One thing to keep in mind, as the old saying goes, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

--

One way to look at it in relation to the Kecksburg case is this:
Say for this purpose that the Kecksburg case in fact was nothing more than a meteor (I do not believe this to be true, but for the sake of argument)...
Those who are saying they saw something may be lieing not because they want to facilitate a lie, but because, though they may have not in fact seen anything themselves, they believe something was there & did happen. Therefore by lieing about what they saw, they add one more voice to the 'did happen' category in hopes to bring out a currently hidden truth about the incident.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
helium,
I'd love to respond, but I have a request.

Lie about what ?
Aliens ?
UFO's ?
Secret bases ?

Get my drift ?
Be a bit more specific, and I'll be
happy to add some of my moronic
logic.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
You should watch the new roswell confession stories on SCi-Fi (do a search here) they did'nt sound mentally ill or wanting the attention. I think something really did happen and the government killed to keep it secret..

Originally posted by The Phantom
attention from the media maybe? even though i think people seeking attention that desperately fall into the insane or very ill categories

it's usually pretty easy to tell whose being sincere these days.. at least i think it is..

top topics

join