It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worlds Youngest Mother

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Peruvian five-year-old Lina Medina, accompanied by her 11-month-old-son Gerardo, and Doctor Lozada who attended her son's birth, are shown in this 1940 file photo taken in Lima's hospital.

Click her for the rest of the Story

What I want to know is who is the father?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
OMG!! Can this really be true!!!!

Surly her body would not be developed enough to carry a child!!!

dam thats the wierdest thing!!

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I do believe it was her brother. We studied this case in psychology...first year.

DE

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
do you mean the father of the baby was her brother!?!?!? or that the baby is really her brother?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I mean what I say- the father was her brother.

DE

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
How very strange.

I might take Psychology myself, It seems like a interesting subject - but somewhat useless.

This would be like in comparision a 30 giving birth to a full 17 year old or something Silly.

The Doctor also looks a bit weird.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
who the hell would do it with a 5 year old?? That is #ing wrong.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
So let me get this straight her Brother was the father of the baby.

So the baby's uncle was his father. This is really messed up.

Deus since you studied it do you know how this little girl was able to become pregnant? Did she just hit puberty at a very early age or was it something else?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectIcarus
How very strange.

I might take Psychology myself, It seems like a interesting subject - but somewhat useless.

This would be like in comparision a 30 giving birth to a full 17 year old or something Silly.

The Doctor also looks a bit weird.

Somewhat useless, eh? My prof pulls down six digits, owns a private practice and has numerous consultation contracts with organizations like the US Army and Canadian Supreme Court.

For the record, the boy was 7-9, I don't remember... I seem to be having flashbacks to Dr. Persinger's lectures again. So much information, so little space.

DE

link   
im sure the father(her brother according to DeusEx) wasn't a more than a few years older than she was. of course, it's still #ed up, just for different reasons than if it were an adult

link   
So, The Sister did it with her brother at the age of five?

How wrong can you get, except from doing it with her other sister too (at the same time) thats properbly worse. Deus Ex, I hope it was her brother in the Pram.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This is actually a very interesting case, let me see if I can remember- we were studying development, adn the effects of certain hormones on the fetus and whatnot. This particular girl had overwhelming amounts of estrogen and pergestrone in her system, so she developed quite a bit faster than most young girls. When you think about it, women are TECHNICALLY (as in they have the neccesary organs, development, ect) able to become pregnant and give birth even in the average range of 8-11 years of age. Of course, this is not healthy, and carries a much, much higher risk of side effects, fetal trauma, and downright mutations.

This wasn't a natural birth, by the way. It was a C-section.

DE

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The article says she was menstrating when she was 8 months old, and that by 4 she had full breasts and pubic hair, so yeah, she matured a little earlier then most people.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Psyche is fun, but unless you want to be a clinical psychologist then its only good for flipping burgers. (trust me I know
) Opportunities to be a lecturer are few and far between.

When I saw this I thought, that it was a result of hormones in the food, so was suprised to see it was in the 1940's. I think this would become more "common" now and in the future.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
But i don't think the right thing to do is for 5 year olds to give birth. So i don't think (i hope) it won't happen in the future.

Full breasts when she was 4, So she would be fully able to breast feed - I can't see it..

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
That whole story is just freaky....including the part about a 7 year old getting freaky with his 5 year old sister.... That's just wrong on SO many levels....

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The doctor looks freaky with the glasses. Like some horror movie nazi mad-scientist.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I am just surprised she entered puberty at such a early age. She must have grown up fast.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This whole thing is giving me an uneasy feeling in the stomach. And do most pre-1950's pictures always look so creepy???

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
#. Imagine when you're 16 and your Mom is only 21. Not only that but your Dad/Uncle is 23.

As a kid, I'd be #ed if I'd want her to pick me up from school. Though maybe she would only have to walk over from the next classroom.
Damn, it's way too screwed up to even think about it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join