It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arctic August: NYC Sets Record For Coldest Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Hi all,

High Of 59 Degrees Ties Chilliest August High Set In 1911

(CBS) NEW YORK A day after tying the record for the coldest high temperature during the month of August ever in New York City, temperatures were expected only to warm up slightly, before finally climbing back to normal by the end of the week

I am not from the USA but here in Spain we here the same stories from the researchers and weather stations. Spains August has been not so cold for a looooong time.

wcbstv.com...

Maybe it´s not Global Warming but global cooling instead

Nando out!

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Well, when I was a kid in the 1970's, they said that we were heading for another ice age!!

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hell here in Pittsburgh about 5 hrs away from NYC at 80 mph...

I would love to see 60f... This hot weather sucks..

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Global warming does not mean it's going to be hot everywhere. Some places will get colder due to shifting weather patterns.

And yes it could be the start of an ice age. I'm no expert but from what I've read when the arctic ice cap melts (due to warming) and the water becomes open to the air it starts to evaporate (more than normal due to cold dry air), and thus more water is pumped into the atmosphere lowering the Arctic Oceans level. This lowering of the Arctic Oceans level apparently causes the Gulf Stream to flow north into the Arctic. All this extra water in the air would cause it to snow, like we've never seen before, all over Northern Europe, and without the warming from the Gulf Stream it gets cold.

And apparently once it starts it's very quick. The last ice age, that started about 35,000 years ago, happened during the summer time and animals have been found frozen with undigested food in them. So we don't get much warning.

But as I understand this is all just theory, and no one really knows what happens.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Here in Wyoming temperatures have been very cool most of the summer, and this is strange for this time of the year. We have also had a lot of rain lately, which has kept the scenery beautifully green and lush.

This morning I woke up at 5 AM, to do some work and I decided to first go out and run for a bit so i checked outside my bedroom window and there was this dense fog outside which shouldn't be at this time of the year.

I went ouside, more to check if there was a fire, because I couldn't see very far and it would be dangerous to run in this fog, but there was no fire, it was really cool outside. It was probably around 50 F or so. It has cleared since then and now it is 91F, it is still kind of cool for this time of the year. Winter is going to come early this year imo.

Anyways, there is another thread in the forums about people in the U.S. and other parts of the world also noticing the weather a bit colder than it should be.

There is also the fact that after this Sun Cycle it is predicted the Sun's activity will decrease for Solar Cyle 25, which will mean colder climates, and which debunks the claims and predictions from the anthropogenic Global Warming crowd.

However, Solar Cycle 24 is supposed to be stronger than the last 3-4 Solar Cycles, so it will get warmer before it gets colder.

Anok is right in one thing Climate Change in the form of warming doesn't mean the whole world will be extremely hot.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
(Chemtrail skeptics ignore this post.) I remember reading a post last year on chemtrail central, some supposed govt insider was saying that the chemtrail project was an attempt to ward off an impending ice age. Now I know these posts by "insiders" are a dime a dozen but it's not so far fetched if you consider that the actual effect of the chemtrails is to hold in the heat and cause warming and also reduce precipitation. What if they thought it was the only way to prevent catastrophic climate change and possibly the end of the species? Of course they couldn't broadcast what they doing to the masses because of panic and resistance from environmental groups. Just a thought.
By the way here in Phoenix last winter we had a severe unexpected freeze that wiped out a lot of ficus trees which are popular here.

new topics

top topics

join