It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaping Hole found in Universe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Could it be the actual place where the big band took place? The reason for the emptiness is due to the sheer force of the explosion.!!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Well, if the universe was expanding at an ever-increasing rate from the moment of the Big Bang, wouldn't that mean that there wasn't anything there at that time? I'm just curious why everyone automatically assumes that everything took it's current positions as soon as it was created? That's clearly not the case. They drifted to their current locations over time.

This empty void may be nothing more than the location, or ground zero, of the Big Bang.

TheBorg

EDIT:
[sarcasm]
Or, just maybe, just maybe, someone erased the location from the Jedi Archives.

"Where gravity's silhouette remains, find your wayward galaxy, you will." - Yoda

I'm gonna go look for Count Dooku now.
[/sarcasm]

[edit on 24-8-2007 by TheBorg]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
It's the gates of hell!
If not it's something undetectable by our current technology. While it could be said to be an endless number of things, what will really tell is further study of this area in space. Very interesting.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Wouldn't it be interesting if it was found to be growing at an exponential rate?

Eventually consuming all matter in the universe, compressing it and reaching critical in time exploding into the birth of a new universe?

The repeating big bang, maybe we have been here before millions of times already.

Interesting submission Quantum_Squirrel.

Flagged.

The Earth is trully going to end soon.... i agree with Gazz!!!...

Yes, it is only naive of men to think there is only one beginning and one end.

The Universe/muiltiverses have been envisioned by many as eternal, always changing from one form to another. One cycle begins right after another cycle has ended, and a new cycle begins.

When it comes to this imo Hannes Alfven was right, alongside some other scientists.

"There is no rational reason to doubt that the universe has existed indefinitely, for an infinite time," Alfven explained. "It is only myth that attempts to say how the universe came to be, either four thousand or twenty billion years ago."

www.tmgnow.com...

Anyways, as to what this is, who knows, we might never know.

Our preconceptions of the Universe/multiverse has been changing as the Universe/multiverse has been showing us events "which were not supposed to happen"...

Not many years ago scientists didn't believe that a star could be a rogue and be travelling at unimaginable speeds which allows them to escape gallaxies. These stars are known as 'Runaway stars" or "Hypervelocity stars".
en.wikipedia.org...

Our knowledge of the Universe/Multiverse will probably continue to change, and we might even find out much of what we thought of science that was thought to be written down in stone, could very well be shown to be wrong in the future.

It is only naive of mankind to think to know everything there is to know about the universe/multiverse, we barely understand the processes which control our own planet, and much of Earth has not even been explored.

[edit on 24-8-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Well, I don't share the same notion that the universe is about to fall back in on itself, as there's no reason to think that something like this would suggest such a thing. For all we know, maybe we've found the edge of our Universe. I don't know the likelihood of such a thing, but it does merit some study either way.

Whatever it turns out to be, I'm going to be pleasantly surprised I'm sure.

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
It's the gates of hell!

I like that thought. Could make for a real good film.....

[edit on 24-8-2007 by eddiemaiden_80]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Weeping and gnashing of teeth in outer darkness...

Yup, I'd have to agree.. That's a prime location for hell, if you ask me.

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Have you guys ever thought of the possibility that within this "hole" matter moves at the speed of light.

I say this because you've gotta think of the effect... What happens when you move faster then the speed of light?

That's right, you are invisible, because you move faster then that the light can hit you. And as we know light is at a constant speed so if you'll go fast enough you'll appear invisible.

So, if the so called "hole" has an energy source in the center wich rotates at or faster then speed of light it attracts matter and it will appear as if it's a black hole. Cause the light can't hit the matter in the middle because it's moving so fast ... Get it?

Great topic!! [FLAGGED]

I hope i explained it right.

-PureET

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Isn't that what we call a singularity? Everything is attracted to it at an ever-increasing rate until it meets the singularity, upon which only theories tell of what happens.

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I've never heard of singularity before....

Does this mean that when matter reaches this point, all matter will be molten together?

I thought when you'd reach the absolute centre of a so called "black hole" you enter a universe within a universe.

Much like going a level up or something. Is this the singularity point?

-PureET

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   

A gravitational singularity (sometimes spacetime singularity) is, approximately, a place where quantities which are used to measure the gravitational field become infinite. Such quantities include the curvature of spacetime or the density of matter. More accurately, a spacetime with a singularity contains geodesics which cannot be completed in a smooth manner. The limit of such a geodesic is the singularity.

The two most important types of spacetime singularities are curvature singularities and conical singularities. Singularities can also be divided according to whether they are covered by an event horizon or not (naked singularities). According to general relativity the initial state of the universe, at the beginning of the Big Bang, was a singularity, or single point. Another type of singularity predicted by general relativity is inside a black hole: any star collapsing beyond a certain point would form a black hole, inside which a singularity (covered by an event horizon) would be formed, as all the matter would flow into a certain point (or a circular line, if the black hole is rotating). These singularities are curvature singularities.

Singularaties info

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by PureET
Have you guys ever thought of the possibility that within this "hole" matter moves at the speed of light.

I say this because you've gotta think of the effect... What happens when you move faster then the speed of light?

-PureET

i think Everything in the universe is moving at the speed of light away from everything else .. if this were the case then wouldnt everything be invisible?

[edit on 24/8/07 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Thanx,

Now i get it.

So when matter reaches singularity it becomes infinite; There is no up or down, right or left, positive or negative, there is only a point in wich all matter exists, and at the same time it does not exist. Am I right?

So if you have a big object like a meteorite that moves into the black hole, it slowly accelerates towards speed of light, and when it reaches the center it will be at or beyond the speed of light. This is the point where it becomes infinite.. right? This would mean that the meteorite accelerates infinitly and soon it will go 1000+ x faster then light. This is an amazing energy source!!

But shouldn't there be a boundry at one point? The point that won't allow matter to go faster than.. what? I say this because if the acceleration really was infinite it would build up so much energy that when it reaches a certain level the center would create so much gravity that everything that is surrounding it will be attracted. Thus building up MORE and MORE energy.

Isn't there some point when it all becomes too much to handle for the core and it breaks free from infinite and spit everything back to where it came from?

As posted above; i think of this as going a level up... A universe within a universe.

I'm breaking my head right now

Great stuff!

-PureET

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
This has got to be one of the funniest threads I've come across on ATS. Certainly made me laugh. I'm still laughing.

GAPING HOLE FOUND IN UNIVERSE.

REGION OF SPACE - The void is in a region of sky in the constellation Eridanus, southwest of Orion. Just happens to end in "ANUS". Maybe scientists have finally found the answer to where this universe came from. GOD's anus.
Or someone is having a laugh at our expense.

All those answers we seek are now within reach. All we need now is someone who is brave enough to give GOD an anal probe.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
i suppose the boundary of which you speak would be the Event horizon of a black hole were yes it all becomes infinite?

what happens here is purely guess work. does everything get spewed out into another Universe (white hole theory). does it get crushed into nothingness, or perhaps it travels backwards in time to a time when the black hole does not exists and just appears ooo spooky

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

man now i am laughing u mean something like this?

hey i bet some members probably know some greys that would gladly give your idea a go! they dont seem to fussed to implement that policy here on earth ..... hey if god created us in his own image.....maybe thats why they do it to us!!! were the closest alternative... or maybe they are mining humans for some secret space super fuel ...ewwwww

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by eddiemaiden_80

Originally posted by laiguana
It's the gates of hell!

I like that thought. Could make for a real good film.....

i think it already was. look up the film 'event horizon' (**not for the fainthearted**)

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel

Originally posted by PureET

-PureET

i think Everything in the universe is moving at the speed of light away from everything else .. if this were the case then wouldnt everything be invisible?

We see objects because matter reflects light.

When the object moves faster then light, the light won't be able to reflect because the matter is going beyond light.

This will result in invisibility because if light can't keep up, it won't reflect on the frequency of the matter.

-PureET

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
i have question is it visible from google sky?
and i would think we've made other observations in multiple spectrum's.
is it the same in x-ray observations as in visible light?.
if it is a void then are we are seeing an area of space without energy?
i think if it is a cloaked area of space than they would feel anyone dumb enough to come at them with aggression would be foolish for challenging anyone who could create a cloak so large.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
It is not an enormous black hole as a black hole is essentially an infinite compaction of mass, and this is a void, its opposite. Truly amazing find.

The universe is thought to be basically a thin fabric--a membrane if you will--in the void. So apparently they have found a (relatively) small tear in the membrane. That is pretty staggering, to actually discover an observable area, an empty hole where the rules of our universe do not apply. But then, hey, we all know this universe is far from perfect.

A prior post mentioned Flatland, and the possibility this may be another universe impinging upon our own. If that's the case, it's a really tiny one, relative to our own.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join