It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reverse Dejavu?\Looking at ones own future..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This is, what can I say, a bit difficult to explain, and I don't even know if my topic is right. Either way, here goes:

I think most of us have experienced a dejavu of some sort at least once in our lifetime. As for me, I have had plenty of "normal" dejavu's. But some time ago something very different, though verry much alike a normal Dejavu happened too me. This was a thypical evening of the week. Sat at home, doing something more or less pointless while eating and trying to catch something interresting from the TV. And then suddently I get a feeling. And mind you, a strange feeling it was. It lasted for about a second before things really went "paranormal". I saw myself sitting just where I sat, doing the same thing earlier described, but fiddling\playing (not sure if this is the right word) with a sodacan in my right hand (the Sodacan was really on the table to the right of my chair). And I saw myself dropping the can (a bit clumsy, but not too much) in a very special kind of way. And i saw how the contents were spilled a bit over me, in the chair and how the liquid went through the very tiny holes in the back of the chair, and hit the ground. Then suddenly i sat in my chair and really did not think of the feeling\sighting that i had just had, because it was over just as quick as any thought can drift right across your mind before you really think about it (if you follow). Then. Perhaps 1 minute later the actual incident happened. And i don't mean that something like my sight happened. But it REALLY happened. All the details fell in to place. It was just like watching a reeplay and I got the amusing feeling one gets from a dejavu. It was not really before after the incident had happened that my houghts consentrated on my premonition only moments earlier. Though this was a very unsegnificant experience, I've had some of the same things happening to me later on. It's both awsome and fightening. It's allways the same. The feeling of a dejavu, but the only difference is that I can remember when, how, and where it happened when I saw it in my mind. Not just a feeling that the spesific incident has happened before, if you catch my drift.

My question is: Any of you people heard of similar events? Experienced something like this yourself?

Since this has happened to me a few times, I have become more or less sure of what many people have suggested for years, that humans may only appear to experience 3. dimensions, but really excists in more, only that we can't experience them. This is probably just a silly thought I have made up in my own mind though, because I can not explain what has happened to me.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I get dejavu sometimes. It used to happen a lot more (monthly) when I was younger. Now it's just a flash that's put into my head. I might get one or two a year. It's usually very mundane things. The most prominent one was when I was in high school. I "dreampt" that my mother & I would have car trouble on vacation and that my mother would a LOT more than she should have for car repairs. We went to Martha's Vineyard for vacation that summer. My mother lost the muffler on her car. We got it fixed on the island. My mother told my father about it and how much it cost to get fixed. My father told her she did fine, but in private, after we got back, he told me she paid about three times as much as the repair should have cost.

join