It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive 'Hole' Found In The Universe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
All this hole does is further support my theory that the universe is just a big hunk of Swiss cheese.

Haha no really. Someone posted that the Universe is 14 billion years old, but 28 billion light years wide, I guess the only explanation to that is that the Big Bang, if true, shot out matter faster than the speed of light. Or the Universe is much older than 14 billion years. I dont know what else to say, we will probably never know how old our universe actually is.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989Or the Universe is much older than 14 billion years. I dont know what else to say, we will probably never know how old our universe actually is.

In the plasma paradigm, the universe is viewed as much much older than 14 billion years. In fact, the question of how old the universe is, becomes somewhat irrelevant, as there is no way to really tell with certainty. Cosmogony of the universe as a whole is sidelined with the assumption that the universe has always existed, in some state. Though cosmogony of solar systems is still included within the framework of plasma cosmology, as that is much more testable. In plasma cosmology, the focus is more on the processes which one can measure and observe. One then uses scale-able experimentally based theoretical constructs to extrapolate and connect similar process among different scales.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join