It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Facts about the Bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Fact: There are 594 chapters before Psalms 118
Fact: There are 594 chapters after Psalms 118
Add these numbers up and you get 1188
What is the center verse in the
Bible? Answer - Psalms 118:8

Psalms 118:8 (KJV) "It is better
to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man."

Now isn't that odd how this worked
out (or was God in the center of it)?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
All just a coincidence

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Fact there are 595 chapters before psalms 118
Fact there are 593 chapters after psalms 118
making 1189 chapters in the bible according to KJV. (I just counted them) so half that equals 595.5 which makes the psalms 117 the mid chapter and having only 2 verses

"(1) O praise the lord, all ye nations; praise him all ye people. For his merciful kindness is great towards us: (2) and the truth of the lord endureth for ever. Praise ye the Lord."

but like most numerologists the facts are slightly twisted to fit a preconceived idea. plus its not even the centre of the bible as some chapters are longer than others.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Just another quick point. Psalms 118 contains 29 verses, so the centre verse would be no 15.

but then the quotes not as good.

hey so alter facts if you dont like em

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
well as to the other points I have no comment...but if 15 aint in the middle of 29...what is?

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Also, if you tear out any page of the bible, you won't be able to fold it in half more than 7 or 8 times, at the most.
Another interesting fact...you can tear any bible in half, and nothing bad will happen to you.

[Edited on 1-17-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
Also, if you tear out any page of the bible, you won't be able to fold it in half more than 7 or 8 times, at the most.
Another interesting fact...you can tear any bible in half, and nothing bad will happen to you.

[Edited on 1-17-2004 by Satyr]

Really, do you know of any other fun tricks I can do with the Bible? It's rainy here and I need something to do.

[Edited on 1/17/04 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr

A few paper cuts perhaps?

It's not the ink and paper that has any power, it's the words when applied in our lives.

[Edited on 17-1-2004 by StationsCreation]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
Really, do you know of any other fun tricks I can do with the Bible? It's rainy here and I need something to do.

[Edited on 1/17/04 by NotTooHappy]

No matter how cool someone tells you it is, or how fun it is, never ever, ever never try to shove a bible up your ass!! I don't know from personal experience. But I have heard of people that have tried it after being told to do so.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by StationsCreation
It's not the ink and paper that has any power, it's the words when applied in our lives.

[Edited on 17-1-2004 by StationsCreation]

You know, I don't believe in the Bible or "God" for that matter but, I think that this is the most intelligent thing I've ever heard said about it.

new topics

top topics

join