It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Suspended For Doodling a "Gun"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hell, I used to draw some of the most grotesque things you'd ever want to look at. War scenes, female vampires with heads hanging out of their mouths, et cetera. Did I get suspended? Hell no!! They sent me to a counselor, told me to stop and that was the end of it...

[edit on 25-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Yep I feel ya SpeakerofTruth! You where one of those kids in school I would have gotten along with really well!! Art is a great form of taking something negtive and putting in on paper, hence getting it off your chest..
Sad Sad days when kids cant even express themselfs..

And yes we all have dark negtive sides! But with the right teachings threw art, you can relase those negtive feelings and energy and trap them in a canvas!

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Zysin, well, the trouble nowadays is that everything is turning to pc. If it has even the possibility of "offending" someone, they want to raise a ruckus about it. This is no different.

It's sad really. Stop the planet and let me jump the hell off of it because I certainly don't like where it's headed.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
We seem to be fine here in my small town. No one really cares what you draw, especially in art class. My school doesn't really seem to enforce any rules, except for stuff like fighting, etc.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
scary because for all my art exam work i did guns army military and i always done this in my homework

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It doesn't matter what WE drew as kids in school because today's school environment is completely different. Kids now are pumped full of chemicals (in the food) and prescription drugs (for the fictitious ADHD). The combination of chemicals and drugs are creating both zombies and violent psychotic criminals. This is where our society is headed and the parents are letting it happen. Not that there is much we can do about it.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by annestacey

well im not pumped with drugs etc and just because i draw guns and military stuff doesnt mean im going to go down the wrong path so what he drawed a gun good for him hope its was a ak47 and your right it is the modern age and things change

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I don't see what kind of chemicals could be in my food. I'm just as peaceful as I eve was. And I am definitely not a mindless zombie drone yet.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Boogiman

There are chemicals in all of the processed food we consume. If you're not eating organic food, you're consuming chemicals. There are also chemicals in the water, and chemicals in all of the products that you use (unless you're using organic products). The combination of these chemicals are what is causing the majority of the illnesses people suffer from today. Depression and ADHD are a couple of the most prevalent illnesses caused by chemicals in the food supply.

I was on antidepressants myself for over 6 years before I discovered the truth about what really causes depression. When I changed my diet to eat only organic food, my depression disappeared.

People don't necessarily notice it because the chemicals have been slowly increased over many years and people end up with depression and other illnesses over time and then their doctors are putting them on antidepressants. Notice the increasing push of antidepressant medication on TV.

It's already been discovered that children who suffer from ADHD can be completely cured by feeding them a proper diet and getting them off of processed foods that contain these dangerous chemicals.

The chemicals I'm talking about are things such as MSG, aspertame, artificial colors, sugar, and much more. MSG is very dangerous and children have very severe reactions to it. Because so many kids are now having behaviorial problems due to the chemicals, they're being labeled as "ADHD" and given medication to control them.

The food industry actually hides MSG in a lot of processed foods so you don't know you're consuming it.

Schools are given funds for each ADHD child they have enrolled, which leads to more children being diagnosed. This is a huge scam perpetrated by the food and pharmaceutical industries. You can learn a lot about it at this website: www.newstarget.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
That explains my depression. I am depressed probably 75 percent of the time.

[edit on 9/1/2007 by Boogiman]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I couldn't read the entire thread because I felt instantly inspired to reply simply because of the headline... I am only 20, when I was in middle school... in 7th grade, I got expelled for a year. A gym teacher mocked me because of my sexuality...I told him to # off, got sent to the office.. LOL I had severe problems with students and teachers. Kid's would come up and say "fagot & faerie" and all that other junk... but to get that from teachers just blew my mind... anyways, I was sent to the office, and I was sitting taking to another kid waiting to see the dean... I said "I wish everything would just blow up!" Which is a phrase I often use in lots of situations. When I say it, I don't visualize bombs blowing up, or imply that at all. I simply sometimes wish everything would just go away, and just explode into oblivion (including me heheh)... a natural reaction to such a jaded society... I just could never understand why people were so mean, and hurtful, and not accepting of difference... It wasn't 'till I got older, then I was told that I had to accept the way people were... and I NEVER will to this day... I will never accept people condemning others. Its quite unfortunate, I went to Rampart High School, a lot of you may not know where that is, but it's right down the road... from Focus On The Family In good old Colorado Springs!! And that alone itself, was impossible to stand up against. Everyone gets bullied, but when everything I ever believed is wrong to almost an entire school... it was just too much... I had to leave. These days I'm a lot more mindful of what I say, because I know people are everywhere just waiting to misinterpret what everyone says! Anyways the point is, haha.... I got expelled, for a "bomb threat" I had police at my door that evening, I was only 13 years old... it was quite scary... I am not capable of making a bomb... I'm too gay to function... okay, and if I did have a bomb and a desire to blow anything up, I wouldn't take the lives of a bunch of dumb kids (or anyone for that matter)... I'd blow up the CIA headquarters... anyways... I'd never blow up anything..... I just felt inclined to respond! Regarding the gun, and the drawing... I wrote on every single college essay I turned in... under my name, in red pen "9/11 was an inside job, truth911.net" I worried for a long time that Id get in trouble, I simply wanted my teachers to be aware.. they share slightly factual information with me everyday, I thought I'd return the favor with something of even more legitimacy and truth... anyways I drew nasty childish crap when I was younger, and if all that had been seen, I'd be in jail.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I think this belongs in this thread personally-Land of the 'fraid

Many years ago as a young man I wrote a poem on my noteboke.
I dont remember most of it but it ended something like this...
"For all the evil things you've done, for all the deals you've made
He's here to take your first born son and all of those who've strayed
The demon stirs, he breathes once more, and reaches from his grave,
I'll tell you this, for you're my friend, my soul you cannot save"

I didnt get suspended but I did get an interview by the principal, the counsler and a few other 'profesionals'. They quickly concluded that I was no threat to anyone including myself and sent me back to class.

Seems like I would probably be commited in this day and age.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join