It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Uniforms Track Kids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

School Uniforms Track Kids

news.com.com

An English manufacturer of uniforms is considering adding satellite tracking devices to its line of school clothing so that parents can locate their child's whereabouts at all times, according to an article from the Daily Telegraph in Australia. The manufacturer, Lancashire-based Trutex, believes there is a demand for such clothing. In a recent survey of its own, the company found that 59 percent of 800 parents surveyed were interested in buying uniforms with embedded Global Positioning Systems.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This is just getting ridiculous!

How safe can you make somebody?

I remember when I was growing up, we didn't have:
safety caps on bottles
to wear helmets while riding bicycles
locks on all the kitchen cabinets
cell phones to be checked up on by our parents

and a host of other "safety things" that are the norm now.

Where is it going to stop? - Personal satellite imaging? Then you could even watch them 24 hours a day! (Of course it would have to have night vision also!)

These kids are so protected from the "real" world, it's no wonder there are more kids, (and now that some of them are grown up, adults too) on medication now then ever, when they finally find out what the "real" world is like, they can't handle it.

news.com.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23/8/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
When they discover it will require sewing what amounts to a GSM cell phone into the clothing, they'll change their minds.

Ms Rix has been watching too much television. I have no doubt the first technically capable person they consulted on the matter screamed "What!?"

This is an idea that only a marketing department could originate.

new topics

join