It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Judges who would have them ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
There is a thread "Paedophiles may have less grey matter" after reading through and then finding this today in the UK, I reckon the Judges and the criminal fraternity are in cahoots with each other and the Judges have even less grey matter.

Here is the report: uk.news.yahoo.com...

I for one when I read about the 18 month old child that got abused made me sick to my stomach, give this sicko bail because he has attended a therapy program..............I'm speechless.

If I was that Judge then the only sentence would have been to kick that sicko off the mortal coil, and before the PC brigade start going on about how we should try to re-educate this sicko and give him help, well after him I would start on you lot.

The madhouse certainly runs my beloved England.

Wolfie

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The article regarding gray matter and pedophiles alludes to the fact that there may be organic causes for pedophilia and the link between certain tumors and pedophilia helps to strengthen the possibility of a causal link between brain structure and disease and the behavior.

In this case, we have a judge who has used poor judgement in his sentencing of a criminal, which I doubt is going to be traced to any form of organicity.

But, I do agree that such a decision by the judge was not particularly smart.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Do you know what I was going to reply but I think it's best to not even go there any more. It's just all too depressing and leaves you feeling angry and powerless. There's an almost Kafka like absurdity about these examples. You wonder if your not caught in some nightmare loop.

Time to think about emigrating.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

In this case, we have a judge who has used poor judgement in his sentencing of a criminal, which I doubt is going to be traced to any form of organicity.

Grady, you must excuse my English sarcasm, when I mentioned that post regarding paedophiles and the lack of Grey matter I was just merely taking the proverbial out of the UK juducial and not trying to make a link between the two types in terms of brain power or the lack of it.

Personally I feel that most high ranking judges in the UK are so far distanced from society that they just do not get the feel of what is going on and how it affects the majority of the population.

Regards
Wolfie

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The good news is the Crown Prosecution Service have the ability to appeal the sentence upwards if it is felt to be too light and from local news broadcasts in the south west of the UK, the CPS is considering this.

Like all professions, there are those that are better at the job than others but one of the things I cherish in the UK is that our judges, for right or wrong, are independant of political control and public opinion.

Of course, the pool of people from whom judges can be selected is by its nature, limited. Senior judges come from the law profession and have typically being barristersand Queen counsel before bcoming lower level judges.

One change I believe does bear investigation is having a pool of lay people to sit along side judges to balance out the social veiwpoint when judging cases.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'm not from the U.K. so if I'm off the mark here feel free to correct.
That being said, from everything I have read about U.K. judges has led me to the conclusion that they suffer from, what I call, "Catholic Priest Syndrome". That is, they are so isolated and oblivious from the reality of the real world that it is incredible that they would be called upon to administer it (it seems to me).
The analogy with Catholic priests is thus: Unmarried, chaste (ideally), impoverished men with no family or possessions are expected to counsel persons with problems that derive from just such entanglements.
Is that the foundation of the problems of U.K. judges (not that they are chaste or impoverished)? Are they just so isolated and out of touch by very nature of their station?

[edit on 28-8-2007 by passenger]

top topics

join