It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing: A Toolbar Designed To Stop Surfers From Coming To A.T.S

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This is amazing. I am a surfer of a number of conspiracy sites and have never seen anything like this in conspiracy forum politics.
The GLP site owner has been offering visitors a free download of the GLP toolbar, and a number of people took it. The toolbar was of course questioned about adware and spyware, but.....the in the end, toolbar was actually designed to prevent surfers from accessing certain sites disliked by the GLP owner.

This came to notice recently that surfers with the toolbar could not access abovetopsecret.com, surfingtheapocolypse.com, juryroll.com, rumormillnews.com, whatreallyhappened.com , none of these sites seem to work for viewers with the GLP toolbar. But, once you remove the toolbar, every forum works just fine again.

Weirdest thing ever, and in case someone doesn't believe it, try downloading the toolbar and surf sites likes ABOVETOPSECRET, you can't whatsoever. If you do try this, you better know how to remove the Toolbar Program as well as the Secret Registry components though, it's a well thought out toolbar for the conspiracy forum business. Beware!!!

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23/8/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It's sad really...

That instead of uniting together for the common goal of disclosure and transparency in the various organizations that affect our lives; we spend time undermining each other. It's action like this that will secure the yokes of oppression around our necks for good, and shred the last hope for freedom.

Shame on them. :shk:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I bet that chases away a few members

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaBigDig
...in case someone doesn't believe it, try downloading the toolbar...

Ummmm.... no thanks ... and there's no need to send traffic their way.

[edit on 8/23/2007 by Gools]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I bet that chases away a few members

Hang on that's a one liner, moderate yourself

Myself, never been on the GLP site, no interest to go there either, ATS is where it is at, I have never been in a room before full of edumacated people and learned so much about so many things in such a short space of time

Come on people lets applaud ourselves.

Wolfie

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Whats GLP? Ive never been there and never heard of them. But considering they release such a tool, im not going to go there. Still my couriosity about what exactly they are is perked.

Edit to add: For anyone courious as I was, GLP = Godlike Productions

[edit on 23-8-2007 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
In all honesty, that´s really stupid.

Didn´t the owner(s) think of the long term implications it will have on people? I mean, it´s a conspiracy forum, and when a conspriacy forum creates a "free toolbar" that blocks out peoples ability to visit other sites, those very people may think something is up with GLP.

Not only that, I believe that "free toolbar" may fit the description of "malware." Especially if it´s difficult to remove.

These (the GLP) aren´t the kind of people we need in the quest for truth.

Frontkjemper

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Got it! Avoid GLP (whatever that is)

I surf all the time and have all of the latest downloads to avoid any problems with spyware ad ware and such, this company must be a courrupt system if it actually leads you away from popular sites like ATS.

Thanks for the heads up on the 'Bad' site.

And no I will not download I will take your word for it.

I will tell everyone I know to avoid the site.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
Whats GLP? Ive never been there and never heard of them. But considering they release such a tool, im not going to go there. Still my couriosity about what exactly they are is perked.

Edit to add: For anyone courious as I was, GLP = Godlike Productions

[edit on 23-8-2007 by InSpiteOf]

www.godlikeproductions.com...

GLP is Goldlike Productions. A conspircy forum that allows unregistered posting. So you have to take the crap with the gems, and sometimes the gems are far outnumbered....

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DaBigDig

OK, does anyboy else find it strange that:

1. The OP registered today
2. Their ONLY POST on ATS talks about another Conspiracy Forum

Weirdest thing ever, and in case someone doesn't believe it, try downloading the toolbar and surf sites likes ABOVETOPSECRET, you can't whatsoever. If you do try this, you better know how to remove the Toolbar Program as well as the Secret Registry components though, it's a well thought out toolbar for the conspiracy forum business.

First challenges you to try it out, then challenges the techies to figure out how to remove it.

I'm sorry, but this seems like nothing more than a shameless plug for the other site or VERY well crafted forum SPAM..

....crawling back under my rock

[edit on 23-8-2007 by stealthyone]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I don't see it that way...

I've been following the toolbar issue at GLP... It's principal "appeal" is it's ability to find proxy servers. I would think that a majority of people would be reluctant to install a toolbar based on this function. I would hope that people in general were careful about any software that they install on their computers as a matter of common sense.

ATS has not, and will not provide or ask members or visitors to install any software, this other site has chosen to do so, and those that indulge them do so at their own risk.

I think we might have a case of "killing the messenger."

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Really amazing indeed.

OP is having a thread about the same subject here :

www.alien-earth.org.../23/07

Notice how he questions about for example those secret (lmao) registry keys refuse to answer.

On his website (juryroll.com) one of the users affected by this not being able to access some sites even stated that he DID NOT install the toolbar.

www.juryroll.com...

Notice how the members there talk about GLP. This is just another attempt to discredit GLP by him and get some visitors for his site. Notice how a virtually unknown website is put between some respected and established ones.

And no i am not shooting the messenger. I would like some additional info that i can reproduce before i believe claims. I would have expected that ATS-ers wouldn't be so gullible.

And if you have been following this "toolbar"thing, you also know that it was a voluntary thing to help test or not. I tested it. And as you can see no problems accessing ATS whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I quit visiting GLP a couple of years ago. It wasn't just the hoard of unmoderated anonymous posts and constant member bannings of people who had anything negative to say about the site either. The popups were horrible, and I'm pretty sure I caught some malware and viruses there before.

This doesn't surprise me at all either. It seems like I remember Surfingtheapocalypse banning any links to that site because of threatened legal action once upon a time. I'd not recommend anyone going there much less downloading any software that they offer.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I dunno who this Webbert moron is, but dude, I don't own a website called juryroll. I am a poster, not an owner. I am guessing that your either a moderator or an owner of the GLP to be trying to discredit the post.

Whatever the case may be Webbert, your the only poster here trying to discredit the topic, so your obviously a troll mentality who has strong liasons with the GLP and are therefore of no concern to the visitors here.

Again, I happen to visit alot of the conspiracy forums, and used to visit the GLP, never again however, and I thought this was interesting, so I gave it a shot, and you bet, I couldn't login to this site, then I removed the software and reset my Operating System to an earlier day using system restore and was able to get in here again.

I checked your thread by the way, and judging the posts made in that forum topic, Webbert, your either that Trinity weirdo or that Disturbed weirdo posting here to protect your team at the GLP.

Go Away Troll and allow the serious surfers to enjoy a real forum.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Yeah sure.

Maybe you should remove or edit a post in this thread :

www.juryroll.com...

Well, I have posted about this on Abovetopsecret, Prophecies, AlienEarth and a few other sites. As well, I jokingly posted about it on the GLP site and it was of course deleted withing the first minute. However, I will be coming back to post at the GLP over the next few days for fun and entertainment.

The more observant ATS-ers might have already read it though... Some might even notice the your you're mistakes you and Sandman have in common.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Ok...

None of the staff is in the mood for more GLP ATS drama.

Here's how this thread is going to end, ready?

Download toolbars at your own risk.

This thread is closed. Perhaps you can continue the conversation on one of the other sites listed. This site isn't interested in cross site drama queen crap.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaBigDig
I dunno who this Webbert moron is,

Just re-opened the thread for a reminder of how things are very different here on AboveTopSecret.com... insults and/or personal attacks are not allowed, and often results in warnings.

It looks like you inspired our diligent staff to grace you with two warnings for this remark (from two different staffers), so I'll refund the points for one of the hits.

Welcome to ATS, I hope you enjoy your stay. Just remember, civility and decorum are expected at all times.

top topics

join