It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Russia beat us?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
WWJD?

Well, I wouldn't know. If I told someone God was speaking to me they'd label me crazy anyways, just my 2 shekels!

Eh, nobody tells me that...At least to my face...

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well, looks like they definatelly can, if we're no longer trying to go...Sigh...

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I never new Russia had safety requirements!

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I discover when ever it comes to Russia the "anti Russians" have one and only one slogan ...."Lack of Funds ".that’s basically due to their lack of knowledge ...Specially when the same people call China and India the most promising economies in the world ...whose GDP per-capita incomes are respectively 2 times and 5 times less than that of Russia
(source CIA 2005)
but basically that’s not their fault ...they are poor victims of the propaganda by the US backed "MYTH Industry" i.e. the "Western Media"

here are some of my points

....from 1998 onwards (that is after president Putin took his post ) Russia has continuously shown a record high growth in her Economy :

1 GPD growth rate has been approx 6% since 1998 (sometimes even 7%)

2 Industrial growth rate has been 6% since 1998

3 most of the external debts has been cleared BEFORE TIME (i ll like to add that the US is in BAD condition in this respect )

4 Investment ratings has improved (including Standard and Poor's) simultaneously (even after the Yokos case )

5 Russia today has the second highest amount Gold and hard currency reserves in the planet (only after Japan)

6 Russia is the second largest oil exporter after Saudi Arabia and with the oil prices hitting record levels with no chances of falling in the near future ....Russia will very soon catch up western Europe .

I personally agree with our Defense minister Mr Ivanov .... today Russia has got the Funds(some times more than that ) she needs ...until now we lack an efficient system to use them where its needed (and prevent them from being used where it isn’t needed)

[edit on 20-8-2005 by prelude]

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by prelude
I discover when ever it comes to Russia the "anti Russians" have one and only one slogan ...."Lack of Funds ".that’s basically due to their lack of knowledge ...

Uhh the "anti Russians" you are talking about are just telling it as it is. Russia doesn't have the cold hard cash to do a Mars mission on it's own. That's why they are in talks with the ESA right now, to fund the thing. Russia may have been the west's arch-rivals for over 50 years but in those 50 years allot of people have come to admire and respect Russian Engineering and Creativity with inferior technology.

Specially when the same people call China and India the most promising economies in the world ...whose GDP per-capita incomes are respectively 2 times and 5 times less than that of Russia
(source CIA 2005)

China has been growing much faster then Russia as has India. Infact India's growth rate has now surpassed China. The Indian Space Agency is run off of mostly Russian technology I believe.(Or Russian Inspired not completely positive on that one though)

but basically that’s not their fault ...they are poor victims of the propaganda by the US backed "MYTH Industry" i.e. the "Western Media"

Eh wth are you talking about? Russia's economy collapsed with the wall man. Are you saying that was just a myth? I don't exactly understand what you're getting at here.

1 GPD growth rate has been approx 6% since 1998 (sometimes even 7%)

China's was hovering around double digits for a while so was india

2 Industrial growth rate has been 6% since 1998

Robust, comperable to India probably.

3 most of the external debts has been cleared BEFORE TIME (i ll like to add that the US is in BAD condition in this respect )

Allot of countries have this problem. And Please post a link that supports your position that most external dept has been cleared. I'm am ignorant is this respect so I need some hard numbers from a credible source k.

4 Investment ratings has improved (including Standard and Poor's) simultaneously (even after the Yokos case )

Okay, I'm going to let the Russian mob use my investment capital. Right. Putin needs to tackle that problem soon.

6 Russia is the second largest oil exporter after Saudi Arabia and with the oil prices hitting record levels with no chances of falling in the near future ....Russia will very soon catch up western Europe .

Link please.

...until now we lack an efficient system to use them where its needed (and prevent them from being used where it isn’t needed)

Doesn't every country need a system like that.

[edit on 21-8-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I think the Russians are certainly capable, but lack of funds is a major problem for them. Even if their economy improves as some have said, whose to say they're going to want to spend a ton of that on travelling to Mars?

I have to say that I really am annoyed by the "Russia Haters". Russia put the first satellite, man, and space station into space. I do believe Russians have spent the longest time in space as well, not to mention that they managed to keep that bucket of bolts Mir up there past its projected lifetime even with all the problems it had. I'm not saying they're better then the US and NASA, im just saying that Russia deserves some respect when it comes to space.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Don't think so... They don't have the money... And that time is over... Nowadays they are helping eachother... Cina is the new competetor...

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Uhh the "anti Russians" you are talking about are just telling it as it is. Russia doesn't have the cold hard cash to do a Mars mission on it's own. That's why they are in talks with the ESA right now, to fund the thing. Russia may have been the west's arch-rivals for over 50 years but in those 50 years allot of people have come to admire and respect Russian Engineering and Creativity with inferior technology.

Not true acctually ...Russia wants to develop the project because whith western help the project will be more effective because the western technology is superior than our in certain spheres...that dosent mean that Russia lacks domestic technology rather with european tech the project will be more effective
en.rian.ru...

China has been growing much faster then Russia as has India. Infact India's growth rate has now surpassed China.

So according to you Russia has a better economy than US ..Right? why not the Russian GDP growth rate for last 5 years has been much higher than the US ....Why Russia look at Turkmenistan theyu have a greater growth rate than US....China and India are growing at rates approx 7% Russia is growing at rate of 6.8 %(2004 figure) ...dosent make a much diffrence specially when the russian GDP per capita is 2 times that of China and 5 times than that of India ...leave the figures...any one whoi has been to the three countries can tell you the diffrence

I don't exactly understand what you're getting at here.

I am telling about the articles in BBC etc about today's Russia ...they give the wrong picture of Russia to the international community .....they selectively display the worst half truth .....You cant understand that unless you have been to the country

China's was hovering around double digits for a while so was india

India never had double digit GDP growth rate

Allot of countries have this problem. And Please post a link that supports your position that most external dept has been cleared. I'm am ignorant is this respect so I need some hard numbers from a credible source k.

Links
en.rian.ru...

Investment ratings has improved (including Standard and Poor's) simultaneously (even after the Yokos case

en.rian.ru...
en.rian.ru...

Link please.

www.google.co.in...

for more links/sources Just google with the main words ...

[edit on 21-8-2005 by prelude]

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN
Don't think so... They don't have the money... And that time is over... Nowadays they are helping eachother... Cina is the new competetor...

Well I hope some one can because thats the only thing that would speed up Bush's Vision.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by junglejake

all anglo hell beasts !!! what u made for this world
colonial society same as # british done
using the word "Democrazy" n "heelman right"
what the present anglo succesor give to everywhere
"WAR WAR WARs....."

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join