It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So long bittorent! and with it the internets!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Net Neutrality is something very important to me and probably most of you. If not, it should be as it would directly impact members of this board and boards like it. We have reached the age of tiered internets.

Everyone saw this coming with grassroots movements like Save the Internet and (gasp!) fake grassroots movements like Hands off the Internet that are funded by and put in place by corporate giants like comcast, viacom etc.

Corporate lobbyists have succeeded in buying out the powers that be to sign off tiered internets (surprise surprise
). Now, what is most dreadful is a very real scenario. Visit ATS? I don't think so! We'll throttle your connection. Want to use google? Enjoy snail pace bandwidth. Want to share an important message with the bittorent? Denied! (For your protection of course).

Now if some of you believe this can't happen, won't happen, never can be then think again. It has already started. So long bittorent! And with it the internets as we know it. The most able bodied way of rapidly disseminating information across the web is singing it's death wail.

Remember:

-Al Gore invented the internet but that didn't stop George Bush from pluralizing it.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Its a never ending battle bro. I'm a network admin and IT is my life pretty much. That being said there is things they will try to do to control people and there will always be things hackers, geek, and techs will do to get around it.

You can not control or stop information from getting to someone that wants it bad enough. You can make it harder but I promise you just as they are figuring out a way to corner users, users are finding out ways to get around it at the same time.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
merryxmas - tried your it's already started link using firefox and got a 403 error, just out of interest used Microsoft IE and it worked fine. Just thought I'd pop that lil nugget in.

oh - just remembered I got firefox to identify it's self as a Google bot ages ago, that could be it. (thats a good little trick for those that don't know, but you have to remember that you've done it - you see less ads and some sites skip you right tru logins)

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I read how to make internet explorer identify you as google bot, but not firefox.

Any possibility you could tell me how?
If so, thanks.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
C'mon Digital_Reality hackers aren't that bad I myself am a hacker but ONLY for educational purposes (so no one gets any ideas) and I learned a lot from it so in a way thanks to hacking, I improved myself

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Lukekilla4]

new topics

top topics

join