It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush practicing compassionate conservatism?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
From www.georgewbush.com...:

For the past two-and-a-half years, compassionate conservatism has been the President�s governing philosophy as the Administration has tackled some of society�s toughest assignments, such as educating our children, helping those in need, and fighting poverty at home and abroad.

Speaking as someone who strongly opposes Bush, this statement appears to me to be a blatant, outright lie. Is there anyone who actually BELIEVES this nonsense?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
BWAHAHAHAHAH! That was the funniest thing I've ever heard but you know the repugnants will suck it up like Kool-Aid from a straw!

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I thought that one of the most conserative things a republican would do is to save money instead of spend it endlessly. He has done nothing that proves his compassionate conservatism to me. Of course I hate Bush too. But what still get's me is Republicans have stuck by his side, I don't get why they don't wake up and see what's going on and see the path the president has led us down: the completely wrong one. Also, why are people not standing up to him more. Sure we take shots at him, but we don't do anything else. The Republicans were quick to shout "Impeachment" to Clinton why are we not doing the same? Anyway that's the funniest thing I've seen.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bowser
I thought that one of the most conserative things a republican would do is to save money instead of spend it endlessly. He has done nothing that proves his compassionate conservatism to me. Of course I hate Bush too. But what still get's me is Republicans have stuck by his side, I don't get why they don't wake up and see what's going on and see the path the president has led us down: the completely wrong one. Also, why are people not standing up to him more. Sure we take shots at him, but we don't do anything else. The Republicans were quick to shout "Impeachment" to Clinton why are we not doing the same? Anyway that's the funniest thing I've seen.

That first sentence is exactly true. Lately, it has made me wonder about just how much of a conservative republican he is; seems more of a liberal republican in a way. But I still want President Bush to win the next election.

new topics

top topics

join