It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Image posting guidelines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Though I've been here a while I must say I still don't understand the image embedding guidelines.

If I want to post an image using the 'im' tags, can I use images from what seem to me to be public domain, such as NASA or Wikipedia or Google images? Or do I have to host all images on my photobucket account?

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Hey there the Badge, Good question and one im sure others may have thought about,

LEGACY SUPPORT -- The Standard BBcode Image Tag: [i m g](image url)[/i m g]
This will generate a large-text "external image" link to the source image if the host site is not in our list of enabled hosts. Use this tag whenever you are in doubt. Enabled host sites currently include: uploads.abovetopsecret.com, photobucket, imageshack, and tinypic. If you favor an alternate free image hosting service, please send me an example URL of an image you have hosted there.

NEWS IMAGERY -- A New BBcode News Image Tag: [i m ](image url)[/i m]
This displays the image inline, as well as indicates the source URL of the image. Use this tag for images from accredited news websites only as their sourcing rules generally allow this type of usage. Do not use tag for any other images.

MEMBER HOSTED -- A New ATS Member BBcode Image Tag: [a t s](image url)[/a t s]
This displays the image inline in the same way the old tag used to. Use this tag only for images for which you have arranged hosting by uploading it to your member upload center, or through any other hosting means you have arranged. Even if your host is in the list of enabled hosts for the [im g] [/i mg] tag, we prefer that you use the [a ts] [/a ts] tag for inline images from this point forward.

without the spaces ect...

Taken from SO's thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3-9-2007 by asala]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I wonder if my image is ok? I just figured I put up a pic there as an avatar.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Your avatar image was toooo wide.

The size limits are 160 X 320

Here, try this one. I've resized it for you.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

new topics

top topics

join