It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Gitmo Captive Arrested In Denmark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The famous (at least in Denmark...) Danish Gitmo captive, Slimane Hadj Abderrahmane, has been arrested in Denmark. He was first arrested in Afghanistan as a holy warrior, and ended up in Gitmo for nearly two years. After he was released from Gitmo and sent home to Denmark, he got a job as a Postman! He stole passports, creditcards and PIN-codes! It can't be this easy?!!

Las Cruces Sun-News: Ex terror-suspect arrested in Denmark

A former Guantanamo detainee has been arrested in Denmark on suspicion of withdrawing $18,900 from other people's accounts using stolen debit cards and PIN codes, police said Thursday.

Slimane Hadj Abderrahmane, a Danish citizen, was released from the Guantanamo Bay detention center in 2004 after nearly two years in captivity.

[---]

They said Abderrahmane, who got a job with the postal service after returning to Denmark, also stole two passports that were sent by mail.

Other Sources:
MiamiHerald.com: Former Gitmo captive charged with thievery
CBS News: Ex Terror-Suspect Arrested In Denmark
El Paso Times: Ex terror-suspect arrested in Denmark

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Where do you think the stolen money and passports would have gone?

Probably not his kid's college fund...

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The heck you say. A former gitmo detainee involved in crime.?.?. I'm telling you the envelopes fell apart and he was actually on his way to return them to the proper owners until illegal surveillance violated his rights.... LMAO

I though only innocent people we're sent there to be brutally maimed for George's entertainment.

I guess not.

As the above poster said I doubt he had noble goals for these items and I'm not talking about simple theft for monetary gains.

[edit on 26-8-2007 by dmxny]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

well if he was innacent im not suprised locked up with no charge and so on
if he wasnt well nothings changed

also for the rest
just because one person released has decided to live a life of crime
doesnt mean the rest are like him

[edit on 27-8-2007 by bodrul]

new topics

top topics