It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Iranian War Plan Captured By The Kurds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Secret Iranian War Plan Captured By The Kurds

dozame.org

An alleged secret Iranian war plan outlines aggressive military operations in coordination with the Turkish army to capture Kurdish land in northern Iraq to create a buffer zone, Kurdish sources close to the PKK says. The primary objective is to sabotage a possible blitz by American ground troops into Iran. The information was disclosed by a dissident Iranian military official.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Mod Edit: This section is for comments not copy paste material only. Removed large copy paste of source article.

dozame.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
how reliable is that news source?

I always thought that the Turks were US allies in the region, even thou they have a large muslim population that would join Iran in a second if hostilities broke out, but the official line is as a US ally is it not?

This bit of info you have posted is very interesting and surprising in that Iran is considering a surprise attack to start off the hostilities.

Is that right? or have I misinterpreted it?

It would create a large geadaches for the Yanks with a third front opening up in the north when I beleive most of their troops are around baghdad. It would stretch them right out!

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
sorry cannot see Iran invading a country with the help of a US ally, with the US currently in Iraq. No way - just not possible.

Irans leaders are not that stupid surely.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Its probably not the best news source to go by , but I thought it was interesting article on the current Iranian Kurdish tensions in the regions , ill have a search around and see if any other news media have covered it.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Turkey is in NATO

this scenario is totally unlikely and most certainly BS hoax crap

Even if it was true, that means Turkey will break out of NATO and do a sneak attack on the USA /Iraq/britain

and i know the NATO nations would react swiftly and bomb the hell out of istanbul

Sorry, this totally wont happen
its like 99.9 % impossible
i have known too many Real Turks, to think they would ever do that

They are good ppl, and great friends of Europe and the Americas

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
It has some credibility because there was recently tension between the US Government and the Turkish Government over millitary exercises near Iraq's Kurdish borders. This was reported on BBC TV about two weeks ago.

Yes it does call into question Turkey's membership of NATO and suitability for membership of the EU.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

The Muslim population isn`t the problem in Turkey - it`s the Kurdish population. The PKK (i think i got that right, whatever the main Kurd group in Turkey calls themselves) are a terrorist group according to the USA. The ones in Iran are not, nor are the ones in Iraq.

However, they all have the same goal - and really represent a "side" unto themselves.

Throughout the Iraq war - and even well before - Turkey has been having border problems (rocket fire, guerrilla attacks, etc) along the "Kurdistan" border with Iraq. There`s also been a lot of terrorist activity in Turkey coming from this group. In recent months, there`s been a few news stories about the US trying to council patience with the Turks, who have been threatening an all out invasion to deal with the problem.

Recently (i think the breaking news page has a story or two on this) the Iranians have been having border problems as well. If this story is true, this will open a completely new front to the war: with Turkey, a NATO ally and Iran, America`s nemesis, fighting alongside each other against as common enemy.

Syria would be drawn into this very quickly as well, because it has it`s own band of Kurdish terrorists or freedom fighters, can`t remember which - and they have the same kind of border attacks that the Iranians and the Turks have been dealing with.

America, as far as current policy goes, would be For the turks fighting against the BAD Kurds, Outraged at the Iranians fighting the GOOD Kurds, and undecided about the Syrian situation. Invading Iran to stop them would mean they`d have to break the NATO alliance with Turkey, at which point things just get out of hand.

Kind of makes the current Shiia-Sunni thing seem simple, doesn`t it?

[edit on 23-8-2007 by vox2442]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Kurdish sources close to the PKK says

That's how much you can trust the source, its coming from a terrorist faction that want an independent Kurdish nation.

I wouldn't buy it.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Turkey is a NATO country but its secular government is in a state of change as a result of the recent elections...

Turkey's electorate has signaled its confidence in the AKP as the party of responsible leadership, economic prosperity, and moderate religiosity. But the office of the presidency, while largely symbolic, has powers of appointment in those very areas that are considered the bastions of Turkey's secular democracy: the general staff of the military, the high court judges, and the upper tiers of the state bureaucracy. How any of those bastions will respond if the AKP captures the presidency—or even moves toward doing so—remains the crucial question of the hour.

www.usnews.com...

bolding mine

Turkey is on a possible road to Islamic governance replete with all the dangers that a theocracy can present.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Turkey is on a possible road to Islamic governance replete with all the dangers that a theocracy can present.

It won't,
the current government is pro-EU and wants membership. Turkey will not break it's secular state and risk loosing a possible EU membership.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I sincerely hope you're right, infinite.

The victory of the Justice and Development (AK) Party in Turkey's elections has caused great concern, with opponents at home simply unable to believe that it has shed its Islamist image.

news.bbc.co.uk...

bolding mine

With their newly gained powers regarding the military, I'm wondering if something dramatic could perhaps be in the works against the Kurds.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The public wouldn't support such a move either, they've already held a demonstration against any break up of the countries secular values.

Turks see themselves as European and the government wants to be able to have access to the European market because it will benefit their economy.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
According to this news report Iran crossed into Iraq and attacked several villages today (thurs 23rd Aug)

Iran's army crossed the border into neighboring Iraq and shelled the Kandil Mountains in northern Iraq, where an outlawed anti-Iranian group linked with the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) has bases, reports in Iraqi Kurdish media said.

Iranian Army Crosses Iraq Border

new topics

top topics

join