It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs in new Google Sky application?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Thanks to the popularity and reach of the internet, Google has become one of the most powerful companies in the world. Now the California web giant is casting its net across the rest of the universe as well.

Yesterday it announced a new service which allows computer users to tour space and watch the stars from the comfort of their living rooms. Google Sky, developed with some of the world's leading observatories, lets surfers tour a virtual cosmos at will.

Full article

Am looking forward to all the strange objects and UFOs that will be found in Google Sky :-)

Here is a video of Google Sky in action:

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I downloaded the latest version of Google Earth. They did add a new button to the tool bar. Just click it and it turns away from the earth and towards the sky. Pretty interesting photo's they have posted and they've done a good job.

Just keep zooming in on a few stars and you will see more pictures pop out of the sky.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I'm doubting the resolution will be good enough to make any ufos out though. Not to mention that they will most likely look like stars anyway...

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Agreed. Resolution will be an issue. You really think nsf will let compromising alien shots leak that would risk the fabric of 'in God we trust'. Not happening, not today not tomorrow. Only when they man up and show themselves. When the great steel eagle takes us to another farm after having destroyed this one.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I didnt watch the video but I was wondering if this will be more like a mapping thing or is it semi real time, like google earth is.
I dont see how it could be since Google Earth uses satellites and aircraft to get their images.. What will this program use?

Do they have access to telescopes all over the world? Do they have access to the Hubble Space Telescope and probes all over the solar system?

Without the semi real time capabilities that GE has, I would think that spotting UFO's would not be possible.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Kind of disappointing, it just seems like drawings, star maps and photos, it doesn't seem like real time star gazing around the galaxy. At least that's my impression based on the clip posted and then this official Google demo I found here. But maybe I'm not really understanding how it works.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by fweshcawfee
Kind of disappointing, it just seems like drawings, star maps and photos, it doesn't seem like real time star gazing around the galaxy. At least that's my impression based on the clip posted and then this official Google demo I found here. But maybe I'm not really understanding how it works.

Its an upgrade compared to 'nothing'... I downloaded the new version but was not very impressed...

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I have been trying to find a thread I read yesterday, it was about censorship on this google sky, the TC posted a pic of the space but there was a big empty black square covering something.
I downloaded Google sky and started looking around, I found this:

Also has a black square but the black hole is on top of it, what do you make of this. is it just a more detailed pic and the ones left black will get filled in sometime, or is it something stranger???

[edit on 25-8-2007 by Chukkles]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
There's a blurred out part here (kmz)

Just like they blur out secret spots on earth..

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Well I'm not very impressed with this new feature.

If you want to look at the moon, any of the planets and their moon, and even deep space, all in fantastic detail, see NASA World Wind.

worldwind.arc.nasa.gov...

A far superior program, and unlike Google Earth with it's two gig limit before it starts overwriting what you've previously viewed, you can set World Wind to any amount of space you have. I have mine set at about 200 gigs so I can browse around without being on line.

World Wind also allows you to download entire data packs for things like the Moon and Mars so you have all the data in one download.

This is a screen capture of the lunar surface using World Wind.

Give it a try, I think you'll prefer it over Google.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

That picture is just a higher resolution picture of the galaxy its covering. Google does not own the hubble space telescope so they put hubble's pictures over their low resolution pics. There is not a ufo underneath it.

new topics

top topics

join