It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange X shaped Contrail (Chemtrail?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I noticed this formation in the sky above my house August 22nd at approximately 7:00 PM. Its irregularity caught my eye because the contrail seemed to be separating into two parts, and they seemed to intersect at the same altitude. From what I could tell, it appeared that this formation was created by one aircraft. I live not far from an airport where 737s land regularly, but they never seem to leave contrails on approach. The humidity was high and the air quality was extremely poor that entire day. The formation was isolated in the sky, I cannot be sure of its altitude or length, but it seems short and low for a normal contrail to me.

Does it appear to anyone else that there are maybe two different substances floating along the same flight path? Perhaps one is a genuine contrail made of water vapour and the other is not? Does anyone have an explanation that doesn’t involve some pollution or poison intentionally being spread into the atmosphere above my neighbourhood? If so, please let me know.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
could be contrails from two flights using the same flight path, the wide one looks to be older than the slim one but i think i see interaction between the two in the middle so i assume they're at about the same altitude, did you see these being made or did you notice them as they are? i couldn't quite tell from your post.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I saw the formation as it is in the photo, not as it was being made. From my perspective, I believe that it was only one aircraft that made it because of the similar altitudes of the trails. The flight path to the airport might carry a maximum of 3 jets per day, so two crossing the exact same airspace within an hour or so seems unlikely to me.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Just looks like 2 aircraft on a similar flight path, a few minutes apart - unlikely to be ones landing at a local airport though as they're too high up.

The fact that they're visible strongly suggests both are made of small ice crystals and, indeed, there's nothing whatsoever to suppose otherwise based on the available evidence

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Yes, I agree that is what it appears at first Essan, but the 2 plane explanation brings up some questions;

The contrails appear to be very close to each other, yet they are not the same shape or density. Now this could be because one is older than the other and had a longer time to spread out a bit. Of course, how likely is it that two separate jets would fly through what seems the to be the exact same point of airspace, within a certain amount of time that I guestimate is no longer than 45 minutes. Seems unlikely to me, and I am somewhat familiar with the airspace around my city (working on private pilot). Two other interesting details; The two contrails are in the same short formation in the sky, not connected in an imaginary line with any other contrail visible at the time. The other contrails that I saw at the time were all at the usual 25,000 or above altitude, yet this one appeared to be much lower to me. Maybe in the 12,000-18,000 or range.

Yet the most damning evidence against the two plane theory in my mind is that the two contrails appear to meet up near the bottom of the photo. To me, this looks like one aircraft flew from top to bottom in the picture, and one contrail may be genuine, but the other is something else. Perhaps, dumped fuel, engine fire extinguisher or something of that sort (erm chemtrails). The reason that it forms an X may be because one of the two substances are compiled of something that isn’t just water vapour, and is reacting to wind currents differently from the contrail, swaying in different directions at each end of the formation to create an X. Does it seem that the wider contrail may be made up of denser or larger particles than the thin one?

Does anyone else have any single plane explanations for me? Would a problem with an engine cause this type of formation with two different contrails coming out of the same aircraft? I sure hope that it was two isolated aircraft and not something dangerous because the air quality is terrible here still. To the conspiracy nuts: What are my chances that I’m caught up in a depopulation effort here?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darce
To the conspiracy nuts: What are my chances that I’m caught up in a depopulation effort here?

I'd say about nil. If anything was being sprayed, it'll be landing hundreds of miles downwind of you.

But I still say it looks exactly like 2 aircraft at high altitude (probably not visible from the ground) flying through a small pocket of moister air. Also worth noting that the thicker contrail would probably have drifted from it's original position so the 2 aircraft were more likely on parallel rather than identical flight paths.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Oh wow.

Simple explanation.

The fatter contrail is an older contrail left by a plane.

The thinner one is a plane that just flew over.

Or, it could be liquid poison raining down from the sky,

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Seems reasonable to me if the contrails were made by two aircraft purposefully flying in tandem and just happened to hit a small pocket of moist air. Strange for two commercial aircraft to have such similar flight paths, no? What about them meeting up at the bottom? You both should be correct and I understand if you are impatient with me, but the air quality was terrible that day and the next with strange heat lighting storms every night for the next 3 days. Do you know anything about weather modification?

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Darce

for sure: i have the perfect answer......i had a 99 in chemistry so i might have the credentials 2 explain; its called 'adiabatic cooling'...its the prinicipals of how a refrigerator, air conditioner, automotive air compressor works etc etc etc......simply put, when air in the atmosphere condses, it expands, creating a 'cloud' or what looks like a cloud, commonly known as chemtrails. At the altitudes that military jets fly, the air is probably far below zero, which is obviously the perfect temperature for water to freeze. Since the atmosphere was humid, as you observed, what happens is the air molecules condense, freeze, and expand. A basic 'rule' if you will, in chemistry is that water expands when it is frozen, thus the wide chemtrails. In all reality, those chemtrails (the really really wide, puffy ones) are so big width wise that if you stood on one side, you would not be able to see the other side at all. All that to say, adiabatic cooling is the primary cause why the trails are so wide. Now, whether or not the trails are chemicals that the government uses to mentally munipulate us doesnt change the principals of adiabatic cooling. As a matter of fact, since water is the 'simplest' liguid, those other 'chemicals' probably expand double or triple the usual expansion rates of water. As for why they appear on the same path but different fluids can be explained simply: the wider one is proably a day or two older because cold fronts move about 2 times slower than warm fronts, so up in the atmosphere it was probably ice cold for 4 or 5 days. The fact that there was an X is just coincidence. They chemtrails were probably at the same altitude, but the wider one was older. Oh, another way to look at adiabatic cooling is this: sprit some water on the palm of your hand and blow on it gently, and you will notice that your palm will feel cold as the water is widening: imagine that your breath was below freezing, in which case the water on your hand would freeze and slowly expand, depending on how cold the ambient temperature is. If there is anything else you need help with, hit me back. As a matter of fact.....hit me at [email protected] if you have any other questions like that and I'd be glad to help you.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Darce

haha, the reason they seem to disappear is simply refraction.....or a mirage, which is another form of refraction. The contrails are hundreds of miles long, so the curvature of the earth bends the light and you cant see end of the contrail; kinda like a rainbow. If you continued in the direction of the chemtrail, you would probably never see the end. Eventually, it would of course end, but not really. If you read the other post I put about adiabatic cooling, you would understand. Lets say a plane flyes from point A to point B, the chemtrails would expand to point C or even D or F if you can visualize it that way.....any questions hit me at [email protected] kinda tutor chemistry and stuff so it's cool if you email me, I get questions all the time.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The second contrail the wider one is just older, if you watch a plane go past with a vapour trail behind it just watch the contrail for the next few minutes, i can guarantee that it will slowly expand. As the vapour leaves the engine of the plane the water expands as its ejected into a super cold environment with temperatures far below freezing, this is what makes the water expand. Its sort of the same when you put a bottle of water in the freezer, you will notice that the bottle ends up expanding with as the liquid freezes. I work at the Australian Weather Bureau so if you have any queries send me a message and I will try to help

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Sorry, I forgot all about this thread for a bit. Well the problem that I am having with this scenario is not in how the clouds were formed but rather when they were formed and what they were made of.

Either; there were two were created by different aircraft travelling through almost the exact same airspace, one coming through soon after the other. This created two different contrails from two different aircraft which just appear to be related in creating an X patter, but in reality that is an illusion.

Or; one aircraft flew over spraying out one line of normal water droplet contrail as well as a stream of something else (chemtrail) which also condensed in that portion of the airspace, however it reacted differently to the prevailing winds. This created an X patter as a result, most likely because whatever is being sprayed out (chemtrail) is not water and is propagating differently from the normal water droplets of the contrail.

The big problem that I have with the two airplane theory is that;

I have never seen a formation like this at such a low altitude before in local airspace.

The two trails appear to connect at the bottom.

It seems unlikely to me for two jet aircraft to be passing over through the same exact rout in such a short time where I live. I however cannot prove this, although I do know a little more about the airspace over my city than the average Joe as I have taken some flight training towards my private pilots licence (if that means anything to anyone).

Do you have anything to say about that?

PS: I’m up to speed with the thermodynamics of water at high altitudes lessons, thanks anyways though.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darce

I have never seen a formation like this at such a low altitude before in local airspace.

Doesn't look very low to me. ANd I have seen plenty of similar formation here in the UK.

The two trails appear to connect at the bottom.

Perspective

It seems unlikely to me for two jet aircraft to be passing over through the same exact rout in such a short time where I live.

Depends where you live. Here in the UK it's very unlikely 2 aircraft wouldn't follow over through the same exact route within a few minutes of each other Although, as already explained, it's likely the 2nd aircraft was on a flight path to one side of the preceeding one.

Fact remains, to experienced observers it looks very mundane indeed. 2 contrails made by 2 different aircraft over the space of several minutes. The earlier contrail probably drifting across so that they both appear to take up the same airspace.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Essan, even though you are obviously a 'US Govt Disinformation Agent' (lol) I still enjoy your input. For now, I will adopt your perspective because it is the most logical. However, I am glad that this photograph is on record should it ever be proven that there is something nefarious going on in the skies above my city, or my country.

Conspire on, my brothers!

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Darce

I look at that picture and I see two different contrails. (Not Chemtrails.)

If they were in fact made by one aircraft, would they not be parallell with each other? I would think they would be, but I don't know.

I just can't see one aircraft being able to do that.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Americantrucker

Well, I thought that perhaps one of them was a normal chemtrail and one was comprised of something besides water vapour which reacted differently to the atmospheric conditions in the airspace. That then created the waving wider vapour trail, which appears to create an X in relation with the straight narrow contrail. Why would one spay of vapour act differently from the vapour of condensed water? Perhaps because the chemtrail contains aerosols, particulate matter or something besides regular water vapour. This stuff may spread out faster and be directed by prevailing winds faster than water vapour; causing one trail to be wavy and wide while the other remains straight and tight.

Or; both are water vapour, one just happens to be older than the other and thus had time to spread out and diffuse. I have no way to know for sure because I did not see the formation being created. The reason it caught my eye is because it seemed too unlikely to me for that formation to be created by two separate aircraft. I'm not living near such heavy commercial airline traffic to create such a formation coincidentally in my opinion. Of course, no proof. Just a little more evidence for another wacky conspiracy theory.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
BUMP

Maybe this should go into the new Geo-Engineering forum?

I forgot all about this, it's from way back in 2007. Cool pic though eh? It still looks like two different types of vapor on the same flight path to me.

What do you guys&gals think now?

top topics

join