It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think happens after death?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I asked myself this question once and then pondered for a while. Looking at life in a whole it would seem that everything goes round in circles.Even the whole universe may have a cycle if some theories are correct concerning the Big Bang and Big Crush.

Wat if you have the big bang, galaxies, stars, then planets. Then 10 billion years later you!. You live, you die. Billions of years later we have the big crush and then once again the big bang and you are born again as the same person, same life.

Well thats my thoughts.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I personally don't remember.

Here is a source you might find helpful.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TrappedSoul

I like your post I am I Christian and believe that there is life after death. And the life after death all depends on what you choose to believe in. Life is about consequences. Everything always comes back to you. So when you die I believe that this continues and the bad things you did you will have to answer for and the good things you will be praised for. Death is when Justice really comes. But I like your commit about us being dead before we were born. When I read that I felt weird like I could not understand.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Energy

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Since we are in essence energy, and energy cannot be destroyed,only transformed, that is what happens to us.

What kind of energy are we, Speaker?

Gravitational, mechanical, electromagnic, subatomic, nuclear, what?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrappedSoul

Originally posted by Astyanax
After you die, you're dead, dead, dead...
People are afraid to accept the obvious, but there it is.

But how can YOU know that? You can't...

You're right, I can't. But the question being asked is 'what do you think happens after death. I told you what I think.

I will also happily tell you why I think so. It is because there is not one atom of evidence for life after death that can stand up to sceptical scrutiny. Of all the billions who have lived and died, not one of them has ever come back to tell us there's something there. Since this is a matter of such importance to human beings in life, you'd think one of the dead would take pity on us, and give us the unambiguous proof we crave. No dice so far.

It is also obvious that most people can't conceive of a world without them in it. Others are terrified at the thought and desperate to believe in any mumbojumbo that will give them hope of eternity.

Finally, there is no need to hypothesize a life after death. It doesn't explain a single thing that isn't explained better some other way.

Before you were born you were actually dead.

Nonsense. Before I was born I didn't exist. A nonexistent thing cannot be either alive or dead. Nonexistence and death are two very different conditions; you're getting them confused.

I do believe that me and my body are two different things...

Why? What phenomena require such a hypothesis for their explanation? None. It's a belief with absolutely no basis in reality.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
lights go out.
my state of being after i die will be the same as my state of being when napoleon was around... i won't be there and i really won't notice.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Energy

Since we are in essence energy, and energy cannot be destroyed,only transformed, that is what happens to us.

Well, considering that EVERYTHING has an electromagnetic field around it, else, we wouldn't even have form, I would suppose it would be electromagnetic in nature.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
By the way, "matter" in and of itself is nothing but energy. Basic physics.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   

By the way, "matter" in and of itself is nothing but energy. Basic physics.

or energy is really fast matter...
it could really go either way. energy could simply be the 6th form of matter...

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I belive that when i die i will go it Canadian heaven an i will dance in a land rich in canadian bacon an maple syrup... lol! seriously though, our pysical bodies will decay and will be reincarnated into whatever other forms of matter, however, humans first must find out what it is to be alive, i think consiousness is more complicated than mere electrical impulses. then we can ask questions as to what happens to it after we die.

[edit on 113131p://1108am by superevoman]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

solid, liquid, gas, plasma,......, and energy?
what is he 5th form?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Energy

i dont know about you guy but i am a nuclear powerd indavidual, lol
mabe not a literal energy, mabe more like caloric energy or sumthing?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Well, then there would be a host of other questions to arise. What powers this fast "matter?" What causes itr to form "material" bodies? Et cetera...

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Well, then there would be a host of other questions to arise. What powers this fast "matter?" What causes itr to form "material" bodies? Et cetera...

true, i'm just saying that it could, theoretically, go either way... but that's a discussion far out of my realm of expertise and incredibly off topic.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
After death:

Soul is released from its former body. Soul becomes a ghostlike thing. Soul finds a new unborn body to inherit (human or animal). Does the soul carry any kind of information or memory of past lifes? I don't know. I've heard of birds making mysterious visits to relatives of recently deseased. But whatever happens after death, we shall find out soon enough. There's no need to rush it. Make the best out of this life. Whatever happens after death, happens. Whether you believe in one thing or another, and even if you don't believe. Imagine finding out that you were Hitler in a past life...

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I definetly believe in reincarnation. When you pass, you review your life, what you have learned, what you need to learn, and what you did wrong. You keep reincarnating until your soul becomes perfect and you join (God) permenantly.

YOu have a choice of your life, and who you are with. I believe that generally you stick with the same group of souls, unless needed otherwise.
One of my theories on Jesus is that he accomplished this early on. He was a super reincarnator so to speak.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Before you were born you were actually dead.

Nonsense. Before I was born I didn't exist. A nonexistent thing cannot be either alive or dead. Nonexistence and death are two very different conditions; you're getting them confused.

Well, I don't think there are any difference. After a while what that was your body will be kind of nonexistent again. Just like it was in the beginning before you were born.

I guess your argument now will be that it will never cease to exist, only that it transforms into other kinds of energy. Well that happened when you was born too, some matter was transformed into a living baby (it was there all along but it wasn't a living baby, it was "dead").

So yes, I say again, before you were born you were dead (at least what we humans think of as dead).

Nonsense. Before I was born I didn't exist.

In a physical viewpoint you DID exist before you was born, just like I explained above.

I do believe that me and my body are two different things...

Why? What phenomena require such a hypothesis for their explanation? None. It's a belief with absolutely no basis in reality.

It's based on my own views and experience of reality. Like the ghost I saw when I was younger, like the out of body experiences I've had. And like in the stories some people I really trust told me about their meeting with souls.

Just because our current level of science and understanding can't explain it doesn't make it not a reality. Would you say that electricity before it was discovered wasn't real? Is a thing real only when it's scientifically explained?

Do you still want to call my arguments nonsense?

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   

This sounded so retarded I have to call you out on it.

I won't try to refute it, instead, I'll just let you think about what you typed.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Maverickhunter

yeah me too as long as i'm not a bug or something slymey its what i hope for

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by superevoman
solid, liquid, gas, plasma,......, and energy?
what is he 5th form?

there's a form of matter below solid, less energy, forget the name of it

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join