It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think happens after death?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I think our souls will never truly rest because our souls live forever in the hearts of others. I think once we die we will live in other people and maybe be reincarnated into other people as the past is always changing the present and I say that because the present is continuing to live in the past. I think we're the same people as the people were there in the past. I think our lives will forever live in the hearts of others... that everything has a bond in this Universe and that we're all going to be in some other world or something.

Whoever told people about getting judged, whether it be a guy named "jesus" or someone framing him, I think wasn't telling the whole truth. I think something more will happen. Scientists haven't devoted their time to researching this. It would be foolish not to. They could answer a lot more questions that way if they started becoming more philosophical and they started describing things in lamens terms.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Read some near death experiences.

They can give you a good insight on what happens after you die.

I think we die and come back to learn more things.. There has been proof of reincarnation over and over and over again..

hell even religions speak of reincarnation..

Anyway you should read some NDE's.

[edit on 8/23/2007 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I believe that upon dying I will simply wake up to start a new day. There are many "Me's" in the multiversial existence, my death in one universe will simply be replaced with my life in another exact replicated universe. Perhaps all of the "Me's" are linked as far as conciousness goes, a good reason as to why I sometimes feel differently at different moments. I will die here, but I will not know it, as my conciousness which is linked to the many other "Me's" will simply wake up from what was only a restfull nights sleep.
I don't know if this makes much sense to anyone....it makes sense to me....I have a hard time explaining it in words.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I know exactly what you mean. But I think it works a bit different.

Reïncarnation is actualy something wich looks like when you die in a video game.

You see "Your dead!!!, Press FIRE to RESPAWN"

I think with our world it is not very different. I've red a story about one who'm claimed to be a reïncarnation of a person, he said that he was given the choice if he would like to be a Human Being and have a mission in his live to help people 'n stuff like that.

My view on this is actualy a bit different also, i'll try to explain it to you.

I think when we die we go to the absolute center of everything. Something like a database or collective network of energy or something. Here we rest and heal from our bridge from life to death.

After this process we are given the choice to become something.. a mouse, a rat, a insect... ANything! And even human beings! And we are given a mission.

-PureET

[removed quote of entire previous post]
Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
After you die, you're dead, dead, dead.

Worm food or ashes on the wind.

There is no life after death. There is nothing after death.

People are afraid to accept the obvious, but there it is.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I don't think so. Things don't just disappear. You may disappear to everyone else, but you will exist forever in your own living essence.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I happen to feel that when you die.. You get to exp one of the most intense and powerful trips of all!! Many chemicals are released upon the time of death to ease the mind of death. ('___') and other endophorions.

I wonder this.. Have you ever falled asleep on your arm and when you wake up its dead feeling? And then starts to feel like its electrical or pins stabbing at you ever second?
Wouldnt that be werid if thats what you whole body started to feel like when you died? Like when you die your whole body starts to go to sleep. In essence thats whats happening.. Would you get pins and needles all over you're body? Or just get a really intense Trip! and when I say Trip its the brain that releases the '___'.. Its there when you are born and upon death '___'.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I have reached a state of mind where I have felt I had the answers to all of lifes questions. Like I just knew....what I knew I don't remember, as the feeling left me minutes after. But for a brief time, I just knew....like I was connected to something.....like the source for everything.
I won't go into too much detail as to how I achieved this state of mind....but I will name a few chemicals:
Nitrous Oxide, THC, Salvia Divinorum, Opium, and some derivative of '___' whatever that be named...and ofcourse the mushroom.
I do not endorse the use of drugs, with the exception of the plant variety, minus coc aine.....all you need to do is chew the leaf to get a boost of energy...nothing wrong with that....but taking the alkaloid out of something just isn't right.

I hope this doesn't get me a warning for speaking of a personal drug experience......as that is not what I am speaking of.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
What do I personally believe?

Well, personally, I believe that we continue on. Since we are in essence energy, and energy cannot be destroyed,only transformed, that is what happens to us. Now, exactly what the afterlife constitutes, I can't really tell you.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by saintnuke
I believe that upon dying I will simply wake up to start a new day. There are many "Me's" in the multiversial existence, my death in one universe will simply be replaced with my life in another exact replicated universe. Perhaps all of the "Me's" are linked as far as conciousness goes, a good reason as to why I sometimes feel differently at different moments. I will die here, but I will not know it, as my conciousness which is linked to the many other "Me's" will simply wake up from what was only a restfull nights sleep.
I don't know if this makes much sense to anyone....it makes sense to me....I have a hard time explaining it in words.

Try it!

Let us know on the "multiversial" version of ATS how that worked out for ya...

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
My view of life after death gradually changed over the years. It began with the romantic notion of "Heaven" -- complete with clouds and vivid colors. Later, I modified my view for maximum compatibility with my "upgraded" beliefs; my afterlife kept its vivid colors, but dropped the clouds. The (mental) scenery kept changing, until it finally became a serene setting; a plain, with a little lake nearby. There would be a small house in which I would reside, and plenty of grass around that never grew higher than your ankles.

The mind is an interesting thing. Based on my previous research on Near Death Experiences, I am inclined to believe that the mind presents the dying body with whatever it believes in the strongest. Those who saw hell were those who were inclined to believe in it. A professor saw an ideal university. Others would encounter familiar beings (unknown to them in waking life) -- and the religious would encounter key concepts from their respective belief-systems.

I rationalize it away like this; people experience time-distortion events -- such as in several Near Death experiences. A report can describe events that appeared to last longer than their actual clinical death. It is my current theory that the mind could generate a hallucination that lasts... forever, perhaps. The observer retreats into a mental world that is replete with their expectations, from scenery to characters. The experience begins (and perhaps ends) at the moment of death, but it may be an eternity to the mind that experiences it.

This doesn't explain other things, though. My research on Near death experiences revealed other quirks -- for instance, a Muslim saw four Sufis by his dying father's bedside. In this case, the reporter was a third-party observer. In a similar vein, my family members saw a vision of my paternal grandfather walking with The Virgin Mary as they stood by his death bed. As my extended family is devoutly Catholic, the vision unsurprising; what is surprising is that it was purportedly viewed by several of those present. Similar things have been reported by others who watched a relative die.

So... I don't think anyone has all the answers -- but as for me, I'm hanging on to my little lakeside house. I hope I remember to include a guitar in there. Or a piano. Yes... that would be nice.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by saintnuke

Sounds like Quantum immortality to me. In the multiverse something happens to each version of you, each time you "die" a new version splits off which survives, so one version of you is immortal. Interesting theory, but I'll say this, stab yourself and see what happens.

(don't really obviously)

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
What I hope happens: We pass into another dimension/universe/reality...what happens in this alternate dimension? who knows....who knows what's there?

What I actually think happens: We lose conciousness forever. Oblivion if you will. We didn't seem to mind too much before we were born....this really freaks me out, though...the idea that there's nothing after death. That our lives, in the grand scheme of things, are pointless. It's morbid, and I don't like to think about it too much, but I really can't come to any other logical conclusion.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by Jaruseleh]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well, Jarusaleh, while I do believe that there is an afterlife, if there isn't, will it matter? I mean, obviously if our consciousness just fades into oblivio, then we won't know. Either way, I don't completely understand apprehension in regards to death.

There is either life after death, which I believe, or there isn't.

My mother, God bless her, always had apprehension about death. She fought it till the very end. However, I have had experiences that seem to indicate to me that both my father and mother are still around. There is nothing that has ever convinced me otherwise.

Now, exactly in what manner they are still around, I haven't a clue.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
We return to Source and begin planning our next incarnation.

Source is probably best described as the eternal nonlinear "angelic" realm.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by lightworker12]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
My mother, God bless her, always had apprehension about death. She fought it till the very end. However, I have had experiences that seem to indicate to me that both my father and mother are still around. There is nothing that has ever convinced me otherwise.

Now, exactly in what manner they are still around, I haven't a clue.

I've had a similar experience with my grandmother...she actually appeared to me in a dream a week after she died, and all she did was smile and say, "I'm in a better place now."

Perhaps it was nothing more than just a dream, but ya never know....

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I often wonder if the dreams where I die and then wake up are other lives I've lived. It's interesting how in a dream we can be a completely different person, with different beliefs and perceptions of reality.

I seem to have "memories" of being in a different place (outside time, looking in), talking about my previous experience with some other "experiencers", and planning on what we're going to do next. Even crossing paths with some of these people through multiple lives. Kinda gives meaning to the word "soulmate", which is a term used loosely these days.

Some of us may be on a "mission" or whatever, but personally I believe I came here to relax and enjoy life.
We've got all the time in the universe, and personally, I just want to kick back on a beach, sip a cocktail and not worry.

As for 'going back to the source'... I think that may be necessary to purge karma, but as a result losing one's individuality. Can you imagine how many PO'd Jews wanna kick Hitler's ass when they come back? He'd have to pay dearly to retain his individuality.

Anyway I'm kinda going off on a tangent, but it's a subject I'm very fond of. As for how I've come to my conclusions... well lets just say there's a certain herb that grows which helps out.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
we can let our imaginations run wild on this one, and I'd love to, but in the end I don't think about it.

death is a comfortable idea and I'll live the way I like. That's it!

I like to think of the monkeys who don't have to think about all this stuff, and when they die, they die, and they don't suffer in life trying to figure out what'll happen. Though I'm probably closest to this view than any other:

Originally posted by Astyanax

-Ellen

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
We are reincarnated..

I have strong beliefs that our souls are like children and each life we emerge as a new older spirit maturing and growing in each experience.

All of the great religious/spiritual figures, prophets and amazing people you meet and feel like they have something untouchable or godlike are the oldest spirits of all.

Eventually we will become so aware of things we will progress beyond being reborn on this earth but move onto a different level or plane of existance. Who knows how many planes of existance there are, but I do believe we will become as we see Gods and Goddesses.

Life is about growing, progressing and learning. Its a desire in us all from birth, natural and undeniable.

Look inside yourself and feel the energy, the power. Thats not a empty vessel of physical mass, but a force to be reckoned with and a spirit that has walked this earth many many times before.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by Ellipsis]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
People are afraid to accept the obvious, but there it is.

But how can YOU know that? You can't...

Before you were born you were actually dead, which means you have been it before but are alive now. So why can't that happen again? Think about this sentence for a while...

I do believe that me and my body are to different things, it's like a person inside a car. The body is my car, inside it I am very limited and I can only drive forward and backward. But when it's out of gas and I figure out that I can leave it then I'll experience the world in a totally different way!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join