It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Has A Face?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I was going through masterp's thread about the Milky Way not being our parent galaxy...

masterp's thread

Then I clicked on the link he provided from where he got his information...
The Curezone

I arrived to a section of the page called "The Water Planet". The author provides a picture of Earth from space.

I was just staring off into space, or more accurately, into the earth...

Then I saw something. I was looking straight at the rockies in the western United States. I saw a face.
Check it out

Maybe I'm just reaching. I figured it was interesting enough to point out, though.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23/8/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Theres something wrong with this thread, I keep trying to read it but all I see is everything but the actuall post.

*EDIT*
Okay now its working,
thats quite interesting, although not as vivid as mars's face.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by Renshin]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
can you please describe where exactly you see the face?
I may be stretching as well but I see a very mars face like image on the pacific coast of mexico(?)

[edit on 8/23/2007 by agent violet]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
God I love our planet, it is so beautiful.

Who would ever figure on the most glorious planet in the galaxy we would still be struggling , warring and polluting our gift?

I did not see the face, can you outline what you see?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

The mountain range in the mid-western united states. It is vast. The face is the mountain range. The range is seen clearly with clouds circling the top and left sides of it.

Here, I singled it out.
Rockies' Face

I can see it so very clearly. I was completely relaxed when I spotted it, so maybe struggling to see it won't help any. I'm surprised no one saw it before, with all due respect(though, I guess we don't get to look at our planet that much).

Google earth is a mistake... :\

[edit on 8/23/2007 by TarzanBeta]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Well, while I personally don't see a "face," it is apparent that there is an interesting formation there.

While I personally believe in the Gaia theory, I don't think that the earth would have a "face." There are several organisms that have no form of outstanding traits at all.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
ok I see it now, I understood it was in the rockies I just wasnt sure what section, so to speak. Wow so the face itself is most unusual to say the least the features on it are odd, imo. But it definitely is there. I dont think it is there on purpose though.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Nah, I don't think it's on purpose.

I don't know, I guess it's not really important enough for others to have pointed out...

I'm just surprised that I learned something I didn't know and I wanted to share it. ^_^

Okay I realize the sentence above is redundant... if I learned it I obviously didn't know it...**smacks his forehead**

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
thanks for pointing it out. I'll be checking for it in other earth pics from differant angles, to see if I can still see it or if it resembles something different.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet
can you please describe where exactly you see the face?
I may be stretching as well but I see a very mars face like image on the pacific coast of mexico(?)

[edit on 8/23/2007 by agent violet]

You're not alone. I don't see a face either. I see the outline of what looks to be like an entire body, but I doubt that is what he is referring to. Just like clouds, the mind is subject to seeing whatever it wishes to see. Resemblances can be found in anything our mind wishes to compare them to.

[edit on 8/23/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
Here, I singled it out.
Rockies' Face

As I mentioned, it looks like a whole body, probably of a woman. I see the head, neck, breasts, chest, and legs. But I'm not sure which face you are seeing unless referring to the head.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Resemblances can be found in anything our mind wishes to compare them to.

I suppose then you wish to see the woman. ^_^

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I dont see a face- not even with glasses on!

Not even with the magnifier.

I must be going blind.

Interesting thread, anyway.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

Resemblances can be found in anything our mind wishes to compare them to.

I suppose then you wish to see the woman. ^_^

Excellent point!
And what a lovely figure she has.
... a real set of mountains.

My inner child felt like coming out to play.

[edit on 8/23/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
The rockies and the Colorado Mesa is called turtle island by the hopis.

The Hopi indians and other indians were told by God to go up high to the mesa as the earth flooded.

but here is a face they found in Saskatchewan

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OutoftheSky

Was that picture taken from the side of a mountain, or from an aerial perspective? If so, how high up were they? And how old does that carving date back to?

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OutoftheSky

Very cool, OutoftheSky. ^_^

So the rockies have a miniature face to go along with the ginormous one. I wonder how many dimensions of face can be found.

I know that there isn't any importance considered with the one I found.

However, is there some sort of importance to the natives who found that face other than the fact that they found it after God told them to go up to the mesa? Maybe that's important enough...

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This is defiantly another case of our brains being hard-wired to find patterns and recognise faces - skills that have been invaluable in developing knowledge, forming social groups and spotting that mean old Tiger lurking in the jungle before you become lunch.

But no one has said that this is revealing an ancient secret pertaining to creation, so it's a good excuse to wonder at our cosy little home from above

new topics

top topics

join