It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prayer requests, answered prayers, and praising God in this thread

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

" Your a talker "

No, hes like my brother. I have told my brother the miracles, he knows are amazing in my life, but his answer to everything is a cunning way to be always unsincere.

no, i'm sincere. i sincerely would like some tangible evidence that proves the causation between prayer, god, and your alleged miracles.

its like going in circles with him, I love him, but he has to find ways to deny miracles or events to further his sin and possision.

i only deny because you can't provide evidence.

where as sincere souls, actually ask.

i'm sincere, right here! give me evidence and i will believe.

Wow youve seen what and what, maybee he might be true.

But he has rebelled already.

you act like you know me so well, yet it seems like you've been ignoring what i actually say.

i've told you, give me evidence and i will believe.

thats why he has madnessin my soul as a user name, and hes atheist. So a soul doesnt exist to him.

Then his madness comes from?

no, i just used it because i couldn't figure out a name and a song was playing and i thought the lyric "there's madness in my soul" sounded nice and i used the term "soul" as a METAPHOR. just like how einstein used the word "god" as a METAPHOR.

I still love you madness, but there are times to be wise and times to teach sincere people.

there are never times to be wise, one cannot be wise, one can only say what they know. when someone says that they are wise or that their words are wisdom it's the quickest giveaway that they aren't.

" liberating people from delusions"

atheism is a theory. where as faith has witnessed miracles, the unbelievablness of nature ect..

no, atheism is a lack of beief in anything that has no evidence to support it.
faith has "witnessed miracles" so once more, i'd like to ask for evidence of said miracles.

and nature isn't really all that unbelievable, it's quite believable to see how it came about through NATURAL mechanisms.

Ive seen these miracles many times.

please, show me some evidence to support that these miracles happened. i'd really like to see that they're real, if they truely are.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
Please, show me some evidence to support that these miracles happened. I'd really like to see that they're real, if they truely are.

Why do you need evidence? Just because you can see something dosen't mean it dosen't exsist. Angels exsist but you or I can't see them. Never seen bigfoot either. I can't explain miracles- and I don't know if anyone here on this site can either.

Its like asking why the sky is blue- it reflects the water.. It can go on and on.

I can tell you want to know more but all I can tell you is what do you feel in your heart? Don't think about anything. Think back and just reflect on you life- Then come back and post.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla

Please, show me some evidence to support that these miracles happened. I'd really like to see that they're real, if they truely are.

Why do you need evidence? Just because you can see something dosen't mean it dosen't exsist.

i'm just going to assume you meant "you can't see something" as it is the only way your statement makes sense...

Angels exsist but you or I can't see them.

then you must believe in russel's celestial china teapot and the tooth fairy.

Never seen bigfoot either.

same here, and i've yet to see compelling evidence for the existence of said creature so i remain a bigfoot agnostic, just as i'm a teapot and tooth fairy agnostic.

I can't explain miracles- and I don't know if anyone here on this site can either.

but you could prove to me that they happened.

Its like asking why the sky is blue- it reflects the water.. It can go on and on.

...no, the sky is blue because the atmosphere bends the light so that the blue end of the spectrum is visible... that's why it goes to the other end of the spectrum at sunup and sunset and why you get the green in it on very rare occassions....

see, science does explain things...

I can tell you want to know more but all I can tell you is what do you feel in your heart?

"thu-thump, thu-thump, thu-thump" etc.

Don't think about anything. Think back and just reflect on you life- Then come back and post.

ok...

i got nothing, a lack of thinking gives someone nothing, a lack of thinking is, by definition, I G N O R A N C E. now look at the motto of ATS.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
GRRR!!! Ok Mr!! You have a meeting in chat!! Off topic. My point just flew over your head. Can you please be serious for once in your life?!

Let me slimplifiy it for you. Close your eyes and open your mind and heart if thats not to much to ask. As in meditate. Clear your mind and reflect on your life.

I was trying to help you even and you act like this. Shame on you. I believe you knew what I meant Madness. Your smart remarks were uncalled for.

[edit on 8/26/2007 by Leyla]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Your lucky this is the internet otherwise I would have slapped you.

that's sad, anger is, as a wise person once said, a product of fear. anger leads to hatred
hatred, leads to suffering...
the suffering in this case would be the sensation on my face
but what is it that you fear here?

My point just flew over your head. Can you please be serious for once in your life?!

i am being serious. if you looked at me right now you'd realize i'm using my "i'm serious and discussing things in a most serious manner" face, which is an atypical face for me to use as i'm typically light hearted and whimsical in discussions

Let me slimplifiy it for you. Close your eyes and open your mind and heart if thats not to much to ask. As in meditate. Clear your mind and reflect on your life.

i do this for about 25 min a day, every day.... it's a habit i picked up from buddhism.

I was trying to help you even and you act like this. Shame on you. I believe you knew what I meant Madness. Your smart remarks were uncalled for.

you're not trying to help me, you may think you're trying to help me, but what you are doing is quite the opposite of help, you're trying to rid me of reason.

and it's odd that you accuse me of doing something that i'm not doing, i'm not ignoring your points, i'm just showing you that they're not good points. then you ignore my counterpoints...

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It would have been a light slap. I just felt you wern't taking me seriously. (I'm waiting in chat.)

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

It would have been a light slap. I just felt you wern't taking me seriously. (I'm waiting in chat.)

i am taking you seriously... and it's 3am over here, i have no time for chat..

sleepy time

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Why do you hate believing in God,Angels or anything that is past our understanding. What are you afraid of. Do you like being your own boss. Do you not want to worry about if what your doing now will effect your afterlife. Most people are afraid of having to live up to something and the number one fear in people is failing at something or in life. I will tell you this though by accepting Jesus Christ you will not be worried anymore, because you will know. You will not be scared anymore, for he is your protector. Nothing happens without his consent. The evil has no power over him, because he has already conquered. Only fear the lord.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

Send a prayer my way, cant hurt.
Send one for my two young kids also.

Im raising them by myself so I need all the prayer I can get.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
reply to post by depth om

I will pray for you and the youngsters.

God will receive your petition for his assistance! And he will help you.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Madness, a lack of thought is ignorance? What of the empty mirror reflecting what it recieves?

Have you read about or studied the way of no-mind or no-sword? A Bushido manuscript that can be applied to everything. Life is war after all. Off topic, just want to know.

we are not saying do not use your mind when we say empty it. Empty it of all cultural programming (yes I know you see religion as just that) but try to approach God not as you've heard him described but as feeling the base energy that which was and continues to be.

The big bang, giant explosion of force creating form and system.

"Let there be light!" Boom.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Why do you need evidence? Just because you can see something dosen't mean it dosen't exsist. Angels exsist but you or I can't see them. Never seen bigfoot either. I can't explain miracles- and I don't know if anyone here on this site can either.

Now i never ever thought i would agree with you on anything Leyla but on this i do!
I certainly agree with you that sometimes you can't physically see something or haven't physically seen something but it is there.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2

You get a star from me, for what it's worth. Very unselfish is how you strike me and I believe the prayer will be answered for you and your kids.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mrknighttime32
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Why do you hate believing in God,Angels or anything that is past our understanding.

i hate believing in things that lack evidence, not things that are beyond my understanding. quantum mechanics are a bit beyond my understanding, i still believe in them as i know they work and have evidence to support them.

What are you afraid of.

i fear not, for fear is the path to suffering.

Do you like being your own boss.

not really, i just like living free of ignorance.

Do you not want to worry about if what your doing now will effect your afterlife.

i don't believe in an afterlife.... and honestly, you're brining up a veiled version of pascal's wager.
why don't you follow islam? aren't you afraid that allah will send you to hell? why don't you make offerings to baal? aren't you afraid he'll punish you for worshipping his rival deity, the mountain god yahweh?
why haven't you been making your sacrafices to odin? aren't you afraid of missing out on valhalla?

Most people are afraid of having to live up to something and the number one fear in people is failing at something or in life.

i don't fear living up to something, i don't fear failing at anything. the thing is that i've moved beyond fear

I will tell you this though by accepting Jesus Christ you will not be worried anymore, because you will know.

no, you will not KNOW, you will BELIEVE.

You will not be scared anymore, for he is your protector.

i'd rather just take my knocks in this life...

Nothing happens without his consent.

that is so wrong... millions starve with his consent? every single rape that happens, happens with his consent? genocides happen with his consent?
you make me sick if you think that.

The evil has no power over him, because he has already conquered. Only fear the lord.

rule by fear isn't benevolence.

Originally posted by depth om
Madness, a lack of thought is ignorance? What of the empty mirror reflecting what it recieves?

the mirror reflects what is there for it to reflect, i empty my mind and nothing comes...
now, lacking critical thought is ignorance. lacking questions is ignorance. accepting things just because of what you want to be real in this world? that's also ignorance

Have you read about or studied the way of no-mind or no-sword? A Bushido manuscript that can be applied to everything. Life is war after all. Off topic, just want to know.

i have studied bushido, and the way of no-mind and no-sword is a technique not for living, but for dying by.

we are not saying do not use your mind when we say empty it. Empty it of all cultural programming (yes I know you see religion as just that) but try to approach God not as you've heard him described but as feeling the base energy that which was and continues to be.

i love that you assume i've never done this. because i have. several times.

The big bang, giant explosion of force creating form and system.

"Let there be light!" Boom.

the big bang theory leaves no room for god...

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
If you say about big bang theory "there is no room for God in that". Ok...

THAT sounds like a cop out.

And of no-mind, it is to be applied at all times, death is the door after life, but these principals aren't meant to help you die they're meant to help you control. I'd love to talk to you on this topic.

I just wanted to say those things before I leave for work! Good day.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

If you say about big bang theory "there is no room for God in that". Ok...

THAT sounds like a cop out.

it's science, all of it has no room for god.... science has no room for any supernatural explainations. disease is germs, not bad spirits. psychosis is problem in the brain, not possession

And of no-mind, it is to be applied at all times, death is the door after life, but these principals aren't meant to help you die they're meant to help you control. I'd love to talk to you on this topic.

no, i just have a problem with bushido, rests too much on superstition.

I see it as another product of gene mutation. Which to a christian is present because of the tainted world.

no, it's to a theologically unsophisticated christian.

Same reason we have mutated children etc. It's just a handicap.

you have several mutations. we all have mutations, just a few here and there, most of them are very trivial

I know that really sounds harsh, but according to evolution, this would hinder the advancement of man.

no, it wouldn't hinder the advancement of humanity... homosexuality would get selected out.

Science says? It is un natural and gets us no where in the long run. If everyone was gay, there would be no humans after 200 years. (life extension accounted for.)

no, there would still be invitro...

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by shearder

Why do you need evidence? Just because you can't see something dosen't mean it dosen't exsist. Angels exsist but you or I can't see them. Never seen bigfoot either. I can't explain miracles- and I don't know if anyone here on this site can either.

Now I never ever thought I would agree with you on anything Leyla but on this I do!
I certainly agree with you that sometimes you can't physically see something or haven't physically seen something but it is there.

Heh thanks so that means there's still hope for me. Now me and ghosts thats something I don't have to see to know that they exsist. lol

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   

it's science, all of it has no room for god.... science has no room for any supernatural explainations. disease is germs, not bad spirits. psychosis is problem in the brain, not possession

Why are there germs, what is the root of psychosis, what causes the cause that generates these things.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
My youngest son was in a motorcycle wreck tonight and is sore but in good shape. I have been praying for him and that motorcycle.

I'll tell you more. My number 2 son was in a motocross race last Father days and took a jump short, like an 80 foot jump. Well it was one heck of a wreck, I mean bad. Just broke his arm. I have been praying a lot for him.

Roper

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Great, now to get back on topic on prayer.
I would like some prayer please as i was told last week that i have cancer. i am waiting for the results of my scans to find out how bad it is and the wait is awfull. As i'm only 56 they hope they have cought it at an early stage.
Cheers
John.

[edit on 29-8-2007 by jon1]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join