It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free speech? Not while we're on sheep's back (Opinion)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Free speech? Not while we're on sheep's back

www.smh.com.au

...So if you're asking Australians not to buy lipstick tested on caged rabbits, rugs woven by Pakistani slaves or suits made with mulesed wool, then pray your boycott calls don't succeed, for the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission is about to be given the power to sue you out of the water if they do...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Wow - i can't believe this has been passed.

Essentially, it seems what this is describing is this hypothetical:

Company A sells shoes manufacutred by slave-laboured children in sweat shop conditions with no pay.

I found out about this and start to spread the word. People catch on, are disgusted by Company A's actions and choose not to buy said shoes.

Company A then sees sales declining and discovers that i broke the story of their shoe manufacturing line being slave-laboured children in sweat shop conditions with no pay, and sue me, through the ACCC, for lost income.

I subsequently would lose the case and have to PAY Company A for the lost income i apparently caused.

Does Company A continue to manufacture shoes under afforementioned working conditions? Does this Bill excuse their actions and behaviour?

Many researchers have speculated that if all consumers boycotted the system for even one month - ie: buy no goods, spend no money, inject no cash into system - that the system would all but break down and many illuminati plans go down with it. Well, this is now illegal in Australia. nice

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-8-2007 by srsen]

new topics

join