It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Bush Ordered to Release Overdue Global-Warming Plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   

President Bush Ordered to Release Overdue Global-Warming Plan

www.treehugger.com

Judge Saundra B. Armstrong of Federal District Court in Oakland Calif., said the administration has "unlawfully withheld action'' required under the Global Change Research Act of 1990 to update a research plan and scientific assessment of climate change and its effects on the environment, including land, water, air, plant and animal life, and human health.

The law mandates that the research plan be revised every three years, and the assessment every four years. The last research plan was published in 2003, and the last assessment in 2000. Oops.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This just goes to show the world how much our president cares about the environment, AND our countries LAWS!

It is a law that he HAS to do these things, but, alas, I guess he believes that these laws don't apply to him, again, just like all the other laws of this country he and his administration have broken!

www.treehugger.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22/8/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Is anyone besides me tired of this Global Warming Myth?

There has been extremes in weather since history has been recorded.

I guess there is just too much money in fear?

Treehugger.com? That has got to be a unbiased source?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I hope his plan involves more moose hunting.

www.news.com.au...

I wonder if in 30 years when the hype has flipped back to Global Cooling if anyone will remember all of this hyped up madness? Well, I guess they dont remember the cooling hype before this warming hype now or the warming hype before the last cooling hype or the cooling hype before the last warming hype before the last cooling hype before the current warming hype or....

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Treehugger.com? That has got to be a unbiased source?

Sorry about that, forgot to add other sources (like usual).

Judge Orders Bush Administration to Issue Global Warming Report - Bloomberg

Judge Orders Reports on Global Warming - NY Times

Federal judge orders White House to produce global warming report - The Raw Story

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well with judges like that, I really hope Bush gets a chance to appoint another Supreme Court Justice, to combat weird judges like this one.

Why do we have to have a report on something that is not real?

The NY Times?
I'm sure they are just about as credible as Treehugger.com!

apc

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Understanding how climate change will affect our economy and environment is rather important no matter what one believes about the origin. More important than understanding the effect is understanding the course of change. How long will we be in the red before we shift back to blue? Does the nation need a total power grid overhaul to handle the increased cooling load or will the climate swing back fairly soon? As we have seen, extreme summers mean extreme winters. How will this affect food production?

These questions need to be answered. If the law states an attempt must be made to do so, then it must be done.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Why do we have to have a report on something that is not real?

The name of the article mentions "global warming", what Bush failed to do a report for is called the "Global Change Research Act" of 1990.

He is suppose to produce this report:

to update a research plan and scientific assessment of climate change and its effects on the environment, including land, water, air, plant and animal life, and human health.

Global warming may very well be a natural cycle of the planet. But the fact remains, the planet does seem to be "warming" up right now. This report (that he ignored doing) is suppose to help us understand what effects this may have our environment.

Well with judges like that, I really hope Bush gets a chance to appoint another Supreme Court Justice, to combat weird judges like this one.

It's a law (since 1990) that the president has to produce this report, any judge that sits on the bench is there to enforce the law. Therefore, any sitting judge should have had the same response.

[edit on 24/8/07 by Keyhole]

new topics

top topics

join