It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two suspicious guys wanted by FBI

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
If the FBI wants to talk to them because they look suspicious to other people due to their looks and because they wanted to know about security risk then what the questions maybe?

Will this means that for now on people will have to be careful what to say in public as long as they look of middle eastern background?

Many Spanish people looks middle eastern.

Honestly, and I am just trying to be honest, this is becoming very dangerous to us citizens.

How many people will be profiled just because they talk or look suspicious to somebody else.

This is not the way I want my nation to be or to become.

What will happen as more and more people are detained for questioning on suspicion, where they will be taken . . .

Are we to have processing areas for this type of terrorist new wave?

Sorry if my conspirators mind is starting to work overtime.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Like I said before its safer to find out who they are now then to find out after a attack. Anyone with half a brain can figure that one out. If you saw a guy wearing a overcoat in a convenient store acting strange when its 80 degrees outside would you call the police or just wait till he shoots the clerk?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
As many as need to be profiled will be. I mean, is that not the major complaint and the biggest fault the CIA made pre 9/11, is not taking everything seriously? What if this was put to the bottom of a pile and in 2009 these 2 showed up in a cell that blew up a ferry in NY?

What makes me think twice are the ones that are trained to act covertly and blend into the mainstream. I still feel that we should be on to the homegrown terrorist as well. Work proactively not reactively and we can resolve more issues and keep the US safe.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Valhall, while I do value your opinion on most threads in which I have read your contributions. I do not understand why you would attack me:

Bullcrap! You so pulled that accusation out of your backside

ATS has allowed many people to attack each other with words ever increasing so, since I joined. I cant understand why they allow this type of activity and yet have a motto saying 'deny ignorance'. Thread upon thread I notice people name calling and insulting and outright attacking each other and acting un-civil.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Littler by littler we have been geared to see as suspicious anybody that look like certain type of individuals of certain type of background, because we are fighting a war on terror that happens to be targeting a certain ethnic group.

As sad as it may seem and no matter if we may be trying to be impartial to this, we are starting to eye suspiciously anybody that falls under this certain type.

Yes I have my doubts, perhaps if I was one of the two men in the picture and have nothing to be afraid off, I will probably contact the media and make a big deal of the profiling before allowing the Homeland Security and the FBI take hold of me.

But if the two individuals goes on the run and hide, even if they have nothing to hide and they are just afraid of consequences, then we as a nation have a big problem, when citizens start to fear the government.

Until then we should hope that the two men indeed have something to hide.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

yeah i have noticed that and it should be sorted out,this is a lively subject so passions get aroused.Good manners fall at the wayside,its a shame but thats the net for you!

Blimey people looking like muslims on a boat wanted by the FBI for looking around!Who would have thought it.If they where white they wouldnt be on the list

anyway good news today (apart from the helicopter crash!poor sods)
www.dailymail.co.uk...

(The number of black recruits joining the U.S. Army has nearly halved since the start of war in Iraq.

Yesterday, heightened levels of anti-war feeling in America's black community were blamed for the dramatic drop-off, as another 14 U.S. soldiers were killed in a helicopter crash in northern Iraq.

The proportion of black recruits dropped from 23 per cent in 2001 to just 13 per cent last year.

The number of female U.S. Army recruits also fell from 22 per cent in 2000 to 17 per cent this year. )

looks like there is hope,its a start

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet

ATS has allowed many people to attack each other with words ever increasing so, since I joined. I cant understand why they allow this type of activity and yet have a motto saying 'deny ignorance'. Thread upon thread I notice people name calling and insulting and outright attacking each other and acting un-civil.

Once again you twist words. You made an unfounded statement and apparently assumed you have some right to allow it stand unchallenged. The challenge to you making a false accusation against the posters in this thread is NOT name calling, NOT insulting and NOT attacking to you. I would offer that your post, on the other hand, was all of the above.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Bullcrap! You so pulled that accusation out of your backside

thats insulting sunshine,you didnt have to phrase it that way

I think you owe agent an apology

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Valhall, your right the challenge in it itself was warranted and is justified.

However, the comment that you made "Bullcrap! You so pulled that accusation out of your backside" was not.
In my mind, since I presume it was directed towards me, I feel was indeed an attack. That line alone sounds in my mind to be an attack.
The rest of your statement is justified.

So, now unless you think I am making up this line "Bullcrap! You so pulled that accusation out of your backside" and that you didnt state that line, then I would recant.

However I do honestly think that you stated that line. And that line solely I took as an attack.

[edit on 8/23/2007 by agent violet]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well, grow some skin. If you're going to accuse people of things they haven't done, you're going to get heat. And that was the heat. Since you didn't pull the claim from evidence in posts, it had to have come from the proverbial backside. And it was, indeed, bullcrap. A statement of two facts in my vernacular - NOT an attack.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
no angels, thank you i'm glad that someone finally sees the insulting nature of the comment.

while my police state comment a couple posts back may seem to have been un-warrented the reason for this is that I didnt want to name people who's post seemed(imo) to be leaning towards the 'guilty before proven innocent' mentality. so I will in fact recant that statement based on my own assesment of not wanting to name any particular person's post.
however the rude and insulting statement that was aimed towards me I find lacking civilty. which I believe I had read before joinging this site was indeed a requirement. Which apparently and unfortunately isn't anymore.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Val, it wasn’t right. Just own up to it. You were right in your ideas but the way you put it was not necessary.

edit to add: If you dont think it was wrong, just look at how it has disrupted the thread.

Agent violet: When you get into it with a long standing member you have to just let it go. Val has over 500 applause and is well liked. Even used to be a MOD, if my memory is working right (sorry if it's not VAL.) You wont often see a warn on that kind of member, and it aint fair, but she was right about one thing: you need to have thick skin about it.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by cavscout]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Right lets set something here
Valhall you have your right to opinion

but if

somebody wanted us to look on 7/7 - wouldnt we ? (UK)

somebody wanted us to look on 9/11 - wouldnt we ? (US)

This is a war - and vilgalence is everything

You might never have seen it first hand but i have scars on my arms from a well meaning bunch of irish lads who thought it fun to kill on of my friends - and were spotted a couple of weeks earlier scoping the place out

He thought it not right to call in what he saw

I nearly lost my life

Nuf said ?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It's not touchy feely time.
Terrorists aim to kill indiscriminantly and don't care who their victims are.
We in the UK had years of terrorist attacks and it is not nice.

On one day there was a series of horrific attacks in the USA, unless your security forces are on the ball and US citizens remain vigilant then you shall experience even more terrorist attacks.
These are evil but committed people who are determined to succeed, you too must be equally determined.

I know it's a fine line and individual freedoms maybe infringed at times, but do you want to see the deaths of more innocents?

[edit on 23-8-2007 by Freeborn]

[edit on 23-8-2007 by Freeborn]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Could it be the two guys are owners of a ferry company and just checking out the boat? Maybe they are in the ferry business? Maybe they like ships/ferrys/boats? Just because homeland(in)securityus.com thinks we should be afraid, doesn't make it so.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well I completely agree with Valhall and find her bluntness a refreshing antidote to the political-correctness slipping into so many threads on this issue.

No one is saying they're guilty, they were just acting suspicious and the FBI would like to talk to them. No more, no less.

[edit on 8/23/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
cavscout, your message is well phrased and I take it into account. I will heed your suggestions.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Double Post

Sporty

[edit on 23/8/2007 by SportyMB]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Thick skin is a must. Grow it or go home

I don't understand where some of you are coming from. If the attacks were to happen and word got leaked that the feds knew about it in advance or even had suspicsions of the two men and did not act on them, then you know damn well that you would point blame at the FBI.

But at the same time you get your panties in a wod when they act on their suspicsions...err I mean the suspicsions of regular citizens, who did the initial report.

PS: I'm not a fan of the Patriot Act.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
Thick skin is a must. Grow it or go home

No it isnt. Not according to the threads started by the owners of this site who insist that civility is MANDATORY.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join