It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Year Old Boy Set Ablaze With Gasoline

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Noble idea, but as long as there is more than 1 human being occupying the same area there will be conflict and fighting. To answer your question what will it take, well quite frankly as long as humans exist it cannot be accomplished.

I fully agree -- since none of us think or believe exactly alike, there will be conflict and/or disagreements for as long as we exists.

However, there is a more mature way of handling disagreements than setting a child's head on fire in an attempt to get some sort of point across.

It starts with personal responsibility and a willingness to cooperate with one another. Not many people enjoy accepting someone who isn't a mirror image of themselves, and that's where the problem resides.

The majority of the world's population are nothing more than spoiled children in adult bodies. When is a parental figure going to step up and make room for humanity to grow beyond this nonsense?

I would love to be confident in saying that we will overcome hostility, as a whole humanity, before we destroy our entire world. But I can't be confident in that any longer.

Its saddening beyond words...

-Mea

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The awful thing is that I think that acts like this are only the tip of the ice berg .Since this is the tip of the ice berg I doubt that we will see some of images of future attack. My guess is that this was an by the so called liberators who target there fellow Iraqis and any coalition troops who happen to be near by.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I want to thank all of you who have posed here as almost all of you have completely condemned this action as the act of ultimate evil that it is. For those of you who want to do a little bit to help, here is the link to the Childrens Burn Foundation. The Children's Burn Foundation has taken up the cause for Youssif. On the page the link will pull up go toward the bottom where is says honer/memorial donation. There is a pull down menu, there you can select the Youssif fund.

Don't let peace be only a dream.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Evil is everywhere. Its not relegated to any country or religion or war.

We have barbaric things happen here, in the USA.

Evil doesnt descriminate.

So true, when I was in NY Presbytirian burn unit after my accident on the 3rd rail on the LIRR(long Island RR), there was a young boy, about 4 or 5 as well, who's father have burned his privates with boiling water, because the mother was leaving him.

Just horrible. I can still remember his cries throughout the night, or down in "the tanks" when they took us to scrub our burns with water almost daily.

I was a grown man, but for an innocent child....., it just really angers me, and makes me sad. I can get tears welling up just thinking about such things.

May his God, and his families God bless them.

Hopefully the people involved are punished, severely.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas Lux Mea
The motive makes NO difference in the least.

Well it kind of does... there's a concept called 'the big picture' and you should consider it in every situation. Yes it's horrible that the kid is disfigured but what good is it going to do to just sit there and say "omg that's horrible, they're monsters, end of story." and then forget about it?

If the police can figure out the motive for this then they will almost certainly catch those responsible.

The motive is the most important thing in understanding how this happened and how to stop it from happening again in the future.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I hate to say this but I'm starting to feel a bit numb to this sort of news particularly from the middle-east...if you can imagine the type of atrocities that occur within a single given day...it's just mind boggling. Aside from that, I believe it's also because of an extremist form of islam that resides in this overall region. It's been documented for centuries and it isn't going to change or evolve as some suggest, unless it is entirely eradicated. It's certainly comparable to vermin, but vermin have more dignity imho.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

I completely understand, and agree..

While I am sorry for the boy, I have to say that nothing that occurs in the Middle East region really surprises me. People can say, "well, America hasn't helped." Well, maybe not, but these people have been committing such acts for the last 5000+ years. They haven't, and aren't going to change.

[edit on 24-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis
Well it kind of does... there's a concept called 'the big picture' and you should consider it in every situation....The motive is the most important thing in understanding how this happened and how to stop it from happening again in the future.

Malganis,

I do see where you're coming from and I have to admit; you're right. There is a bigger picture here. Despite this terrible act, everything happens with reason. And that reason or intent, in many instances, is more important than the actual deed.

I have a definite soft spot for children, and to see a child hurt for ANY reason gets me emotional and angry. I try to stay away from these sort of topics because of that, but I didn't succeed this time...

Regardless, you are right and I sincerely thank you for reminding me of the greater picture in this situation.

-Mea

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas Lux Mea

Originally posted by malganis
Well it kind of does... there's a concept called 'the big picture' and you should consider it in every situation....The motive is the most important thing in understanding how this happened and how to stop it from happening again in the future.

Malganis,

I have a definite soft spot for children, and to see a child hurt for ANY reason gets me emotional and angry. I try to stay away from these sort of topics because of that, but I didn't succeed this time...

Regardless, you are right and I sincerely thank you for reminding me of the greater picture in this situation.

Don't worry, I know exactly what you mean about the soft spot and anger. I'm the same with animals.

[edit on 25/8/2007 by malganis]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Update,
There has been a out pouring of support for the child. I want to thanks any who gave to his cause. Lets hope his recovery will be as good as possible. Also please do take note of the first paragraph of the external source material below.

We just want to thank everyone who has come forward," he said. "We knew there was kindness out there."

Like his wife, he couldn't stop smiling. He talked about how he tried in vain to get help for his son in Baghdad, leaving "no stone unturned" on a mission to help his boy. There were many trips to the Ministry of Health. He says he even put in a request to Iraq's parliament for help.

The family eventually told CNN their story -- that Youssif was grabbed by masked men outside their home on January 15, doused in gasoline and set on fire. Simply by coming forward, his parents put themselves in incredible danger. No one has been arrested or held accountable in Youssif's case.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Here is an update to this story. In the event any one remembers it. The event when he was attacked and burned happened over a year ago he may very well be doing better but I don't think any one will argue that he will never be the same.

Youssif happily pulls off his plastic face mask and pats his cheeks, which were once covered by horrific burns.

"No hurt," the 5-year-old Iraqi boy says in English. "No hurt."

He then shows off his right hand. It too had been marred by hardened scar tissue after he was attacked by masked men outside his central Baghdad home January 15, 2007. Now, his hand is smooth.

sorce

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
There is no evil.

There are only humans who have base desires to different degrees.

When these desires become to great, they over shadow the other desires, making these people appear as monsters.

All of the best and the worst of humanity is contained in all of us. We have only to understand what triggers these so that we can mold society the way we feel it should be.

Vengence is merely the mirror image of a previous act.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Quazga,
you will please forgive me for the statement that I think there is acts of both good and evil. If you what to continue in stating this is not an act of evil then you might want to read the first comment I made.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
reply to post by Quazga

Quazga,
you will please forgive me for the statement that I think there is acts of both good and evil. If you what to continue in stating this is not an act of evil then you might want to read the first comment I made.

Oh I think you have as much right to your opinion as do I.

No need to read your original comment.

Thanks for starting the thread.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Man after i read this i just felt sick and dizzy. It just shows that the horrors of WW2 still were in vain, what has to happen to stop these horrifying acts that happens everywhere in the world. We live in a sick sick world.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Spaxz

Spaxz
yes you have no idea how sick it made me when I read it also. I am glad he is getting care, which is being paid for by donation. I really do want those responsible caught, but to tell the truth I don't want to hear about it if they are.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
reply to post by Spaxz

Spaxz
yes you have no idea how sick it made me when I read it also. I am glad he is getting care, which is being paid for by donation. I really do want those responsible caught, but to tell the truth I don't want to hear about it if they are.

This is the same realization that Paul Tillich had on the battlefield in WWI. Namely, "Given our rich religious background, how can we come to such a thing." After this, he became a bohemian and subsequently one of the most prolific protestant existentialists.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

On the battle field solders can have respect for each other as solders. What this thread is about has nothing to do with a battle field.
I have heard plenty of stories on how solders from opposing forces so respect that would be almost unheard of in time of war.
What this thread is about is light years away from that. This act is plain and simply evil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join