It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Astronomer from Pasto Colombia Captures UFO Calls out for NASA!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Hi, this video is in Spanish. Sorry. But I will translate what it says.

The Top Astronomer Alberto Quijano from Pasto Colombia has captured a UFO for approximately 1hr in our atmosphere. They had the telescope pointing to the Scorpio constellation when suddenly a strange object passed just under the Scorpio constellation and was filmed for an hour doing super extreme speeds and movements that defy any explanation.

The top scientist says that it is undoubtedly a UFO! "It moves like nothing I ever seen" He proceeds to say, “its movements are not like any asteroid, comet, or satellite or any other cosmic body we know of" They said that they will contact scientists from NASA to see if they can help them figure it out.

See Video here

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Do they know how far out the object was, size estimate? How could they eliminate it being a fly infront of the lens? I'd like to see more of the 'hour' of footage as what they showed was'nt entirely conclusive..It looks interesting and I hope they have some more data to back up the claim.

Was that the whole hour compressed into a few seconds..so the movements spread over an hour would have been very slow? Hmm wondering..

[edit on 22-8-2007 by wildone106]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
increible, amazing, this shows how mess up amerika is, thay lie all the time, in other countries ufo is an open topic in tv radio etc, now nasa is gonna take over the telescope and lie to us

*snip* nasa!!!!

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-8-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
That is really weird. I wonder what the framerate is on that camera. If it moved all jumpy like that than it could very well be some strange CCD anomaly. I can't wait to see where, if anywhere, this goes.

Nice find, flagged!

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drzava
increible, amazing, this shows how mess up amerika is, thay lie all the time, in other countries ufo is an open topic in tv radio etc, now nasa is gonna take over the telescope and lie to us

*snip* nasa!!!!

How in heaven's name can you draw that conclusion from what has been posted on this thread? So far a Colombian astronomer says he's going to ask NASA for help, and THAT'S ALL.

[removed censor circumvention from quoted content]

[edit on 22-8-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
yeah nasa will go public on this, everybody will be happy?
do u think nasa will destroy 50 something years of cover ups? they will say it was a weather balloon or something, then they will take over the telescope in colombia so no more ufo related finding will not be showed to the publik.
thats how the system works

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
At worst they will ignor it and remain silent. Most likely dismissing it as a particle of ice or something. I dont think they need to take over the telescope at all.

Maybe its a chinese lantern released by the international lantern conspiracy group...

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
You can just picture the response cant you...

NASA-

nothing to see here, move along.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by The Coward

So, I wonder why the guy with the blue suitcoat was wearing a NASA pin on the lapel? Why was that panned in the video? I thought the guy was supposed to be the observatory director.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Coward
They had the telescope pointing to the Scorpio constellation when suddenly a strange object passed just under the Scorpio constellation and was filmed for an hour doing super extreme speeds and movements that defy any explanation.

I find it hard to believe a telescope could track an object described as such. I would think that the UFO would have to be pretty far away for it to stay in the telescope's view. Telescopes just aren't made to track objects that are "doing super extreme speeds and movements that defy any explanation."

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep

I find it hard to believe a telescope could track an object described as such. I would think that the UFO would have to be pretty far away for it to stay in the telescope's view. Telescopes just aren't made to track objects that are "doing super extreme speeds and movements that defy any explanation."

If they stay within the telscopes lense range they can. You are seeing it with your eyes are you not?

[edit on 22-8-2007 by The Coward]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The article says that the UFO was captured as being in the "upper atmosphere" We should try contacting to Alberto Quijano directly. This video was posted two months ago, so probably they have a couple of theories regarding this issue. Flagged, it's important to dig into this.

EDIT

Ok I found an e-mail adress here: www1.eafit.edu.co...

ALBERTO QUIJANO VODNIZA: [email protected]

I know spanish, so if anyone want to ask him something, just tell me.

[edit on 22-8-2007 by JackHill]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
More here:

www.analuisacid.com...

It says on the last part, dated June 27th:

The director of the Observatory, Alberto Quijano, said that in the next days they will send to experts at NASA the UFO images that the telescope captured, to try to establish its origin.

The astronomer says that the object wasn't a comet, because it doesn't follow a defined trajectory, and because on that part of the sky they never detected the presence of such class of celestial bodies.

He pointed out that the 400 photographies that they took allow them to corroborate that it had a very strange behavior, because it was like over 1 hour making no movements (before).

"It's not an airplane, a helicoper, because the telescope only allows to see objects far away of the surface, and because the object had not movement at all for a long time", he explained.

Source: Radio Caracol

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Ok..folks i am amtaeur astronomer..well sort of...so yes this guy took pictures of something moving in just one night..thats its outstading.....what is it i dont know...but that doesnt behave like a satellita, comet, asteroid

Satellites you see them corssing in the sky at the same speed and in the same way..they dont change direction all of the usdden..most of the pass tru 8 or 9 pm...

Asteroids and comets are detected different than this video: They take first one shot of a part of the sky with a CCD cam (meaning that it can be cams that can shot with exposition times of 1 minutes..to even hours)...then they let pass some time (1 or 2 months..even more)..and then again they take another picture of the exact part of the sky ....they both compare pictures and using some astronomy program (like starry nights, The sky..and many more)..if the dots (stars or know asteroids or comet)..have the same position then everything is fine..but if they see in the first picture one point..and in the next one (2 or 3 months ago)...that same point moved to another place...then you got something (asteroid, comet..)

As far has the video goes i can tell this:
-It seems it was take in one night..or could be several in roll...dont know and they dont say on the interview
-The telescope its a meade LX200..dont know if the Classic version or the GPS version (at least the one they show in the observatory) it's a Smidtch-Cassegraine type of scope, F/10 (focal)
- I saw that where the eyepices are put they had the CCD camera (in the video)..this camera looks like Meades Deep Space Imager (Call DSI)..there are 2 versions..one Color Shot..other one Monochrome call DSI Pro that use color filter to get at the end a color shot..this cam can save the shots in different formats like TIFF..JPG..but the most used on astronomy it's FITS because they have better sensitivity and are RAW..not like the other two types..i think it can even imagen in GIF format. This cameras are not so expensive..well they start new at around 399 dls..even i think right now they are selling them chaper with a promotion (like 160 dls)..well at least the Color shot version.

That can be a video of a lot of shots make it in one animated GIF..or actually be an AVI recorded format (some software for cameras freeware like registax can save on that format) and make GIF so you can see let see jupiter rotating..the rest of the planets too...

If this was confirmed by other observatories (that saw it) then yes he discover something..what is it..well it doesnt behaves like asteroid or comet or extra solar planet... neither satellaty... so yes it can some debris (but shines too much that i dont think so..debriss cant be detect by this type of telescope used or commercial ones..they are so small for the aperture of it)..

Can be an ICe but if that is a ICE then it's an very big chunk of ice flying around...that too doesnt resemblece like that...

So this this right now can be called "UFO"..

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Columbia:
Hello Nasa, I've got something wiered here
NASA:
What?
Columbia:
Um, it's a ufo. It's all jumpy.
Nasa:
Um, yeaaa. Hang on.
Columbia:
Uh, I here a noise coming down.

*BOOOM!*

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This poor chap is totally wasting his time by asking NASA to give him feedback. NASA has never taken and probably will never take UFOs even halfway seriously. He's probably much better suited to get imaging experts at Caltech to verify its authenticity and astronomers from there to rule out other possible objects.

As long as these images are authentic, I think this man's really on to something.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
We can see in the last 3 seconds of the video that this astronomer
is wearing a NASA logo/pin on his lapel. Maybe he's a contractor
for them. NASA probably does have independent astronomers on
their payroll all over the world working on specific projects. They
may even have good scientists at HQ who can dissect and analyize
his video and photos in depth.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Flagged! This is a very good video. This object is all over the place. Good find. I'm keeping my eye on this one.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I am curious...

I definitely agree this is a "UFO". However, if this UFO is in fact a craft of some sort created by a different life of some sort, why would they be jumping around like that?

I mean, imagine if we were in a craft we created. What logical reason would we have to be jumping around sporadically like that? What would we be trying to accomplish...?

That is very rapid movement to be getting anything done. If this is run by creatures, they certainly get work done quickly.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Drzava

That is so true... think about how much better off we would be if the US could just embrace the idea of ETs, rather than trying to protect its people for factual knowledge. the latter will just end up causing more problems.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join