It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security: TOPOFF 4 Full-Scale Exercise on Oct 15-24

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Taking place October 15-24, 2007, the TOPOFF 4 Full-Scale Exercise (T4 FSE) will feature thousands of Federal, State, territorial, and local officials. These officials will engage in various activities as part of a robust, full-scale simulated response to a multi-faceted threat. The exercise will address policy and strategic issues that mobilize prevention and response systems, require participants to make difficult decisions, carry out essential functions, and challenge their ability to maintain a common operating picture during an incident of national significance. As in a real-world response, agencies and organizations will deploy staff into the field and will face realistic incident-specific challenges, including the allocation of limited response resources and exercise actions needed to effectively manage conditions as they emerge. Planning and preparation for the exercise will also help strengthen working relationships between departments and agencies that are critical to successful prevention and response in real emergencies.

Is that the date we looking for?

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Forgot to add the link:

www.dhs.gov...

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Exercise Scenario

The T4 FSE is based on National Planning Scenario 11 (NPS-11). The scenario begins as terrorists, who have been planning attacks in Oregon, Arizona, and the U.S. Territory of Guam, successfully bring radioactive material into the United States. The first of three coordinated attacks occurs in Guam, with the simulated detonation of a Radiological Dispersal Device (RDD), or “dirty bomb,” causing casualties and wide-spread contamination in a populous area near a power plant. Similar attacks occur in the hours that follow in Portland and Phoenix. An RDD is not the same as a nuclear attack. It is a conventional explosive that, upon detonation, releases radioactive material into the surrounding area. Although it does not cause the type of catastrophic damage associated with a nuclear detonation, there are severe rescue, health, and long-term decontamination concerns associated with an RDD. Real weapons will not be used in the scenario, but the response will be mounted as if they had been.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terrapop

Real weapons will not be used in the scenario, but the response will be mounted as if they had been...

Perfect time to slip up and swap in real weapons for the fake ones.
Or maybe they just want us to think they are not real weapons so they can give their little exercise a real go-around.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I've flagged this thread. I encourage others to do so as well.

I'm wondering about this publication.
There's always the chance it's genuine.
Yet, it could be disinformation designed to be a warning to terrorists (i.e. the US has intercepted plans that run parallel to the now supposed 'scenario' [I think of the frigate sunk off the coast of Iran about a month ago...]).
I'm hoping the government really isn't stupid enough to give such a scenario and then act like they had nothing to do with it if it actually happens.
However, I wouldn't put it past them.

If it is time for the fit to hit the Shan, then, well, at least we've been given a warning.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wyldwylly

This is from TOPOFF 4 Frequently Asked Questions

9. How does TOPOFF 4 differ from previous exercises in the TOPOFF series?

With each successive TOPOFF cycle, coordination and cooperation are enhanced, creating continuous improvements in the preparedness effort. The T4 FSE includes the greatest coordination to date, with concurrent exercises being conducted by the Department of Defense and, for the first time ever, will include a response from within a U.S. Territory. The exercise includes a strong prevention component, and is being interlinked with the Terrorism Prevention Exercise Program (TPEP), a component of the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP).

Emphasis mine

The fact that DOD is running a concurrent exercise is a worry. Perhaps they are playing red team to TOPOFF 4's Blue team. Now we see how easy it will be to switch the simulated dirty bombs for real ones.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
TOPOFF 3:

April 4-8, 2005:
www.dhs.gov...
www.dhs.gov...

Why is this one more of a threat?

[edit on 26-8-2007 by Angry Danish]

top topics

join