It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scenario - What if Kennedy was never assassinated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Hi folks, I thought I'd start this thread to see what you all think would have happened if JFK hadn't been shot on that fateful day.

This was the man who was

1. Restructuring the CIA.
2. Restructuring the Federal Reserve System.
3. Wanted to shut down the war in Vietnam.
4. (Allegedly) About to inform the public that we had made contact with aliens.

Given all this, it's easy to assume that he had many powerful enemies, but let's say he didn't get shot.

What do you think would have happened in America/worldwide over the next few years had he lived?

To anyone replying, I'd like to see your opinion on one scenario per post as each one of the reasons above has, in itself, many possibilities.
I look forward to seeing your replies on these and sharing mine.

regards
flc

[Edited on 16/1/04 by funlovincriminal]

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I can probably say we'd never had the cold war as JFK knew to take a hard line and throw appeasment out the door. Remember the Cuban missles crisis? I long for the days when the US had a president who would throw diplomacy out the window when we were threatened. JFK, Thomas Jefferson, ..ect.

Hopefully. he would have not just restructured the federal reserve but eliminated it totally as its beginning has meant the end of the American ideology. ..and take the CFR too, Kenneth.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I saw a documentary on JFK and I realized what a dangerous president he was. He was taking powerful drugs that gave the feeling of power and being above others. That would have led him to make reckless decisions bad for both himself and the country. I could see how the governments within could see him as a danger.

[Edited on 16-1-2004 by maynardsthirdeye]

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by funlovincriminal
Hi folks, I thought I'd start this thread to see what you all think would have happened if JFK hadn't been shot on that fateful day.

4. (Allegedly) About to inform the public that we had made contact with aliens.

Given all this, it's easy to assume that he had many powerful enemies, but let's say he didn't get shot.

What do you think would have happened in America/worldwide over the next few years had he lived?

regards
flc

[Edited on 16/1/04 by funlovincriminal]
If he did live, or was still alive, and he released official documents admitting of alien contact, there'd be a lot of questions from the public at large.

Other countries would try to cash in on the alien findings--i.e. possible technological artifacts.

The public would want to know what kind of technology these aliens had, if we, as people, could harness it for our everyday live--this technology if reserved only for the governments who possess it.

Life would be very different today if the JFK dude admitted of alien life/contact--ramifications on religions, how much and if these aliens are a threat, are we the only populated intelligent planet in our universe, our sense of relationships between people/others who are 'different' than us would change, who knows, maybe if he did admit, there wouldn't be wars, or racism, because someone is 'different' than us?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
I can probably say we'd never had the cold war as JFK knew to take a hard line and throw appeasment out the door.

If I'm correct, the cold war started long before Kennedy came to power. It was at/near it's height when he was at the helm.
I think he showed guts during this time and certainly a lesser man could have pressed the "button"(just my opinion).
Would it have ended the cold war? - I don't think so. The USSR would know what type of guy they were dealing with. I think they would have tried more subversive stuff than they already did and try to oust him from power some way or another.

thanks for the reply

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by maynardsthirdeye
I saw a documentary on JFK and I realized what a dangerous president he was. He was taking powerful drugs that gave the feeling of power and being above others.
[Edited on 16-1-2004 by maynardsthirdeye]

interesting - just imagine what he'd have been like if he didn't take drugs, lol.
I noticed from a site that one of the drugs he was on was librium (chlordiazepoxide) - I know someone who's been on that and I wouldn't give them the remote control for the tv, let alone run a country

dangerous indeed.

thanks for the reply

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL
If he did live, or was still alive, and he released official documents admitting of alien contact, there'd be a lot of questions from the public at large.

Other countries would try to cash in on the alien findings--i.e. possible technological artifacts.

The public would want to know what kind of technology these aliens had, if we, as people, could harness it for our everyday live--this technology if reserved only for the governments who possess it.

Life would be very different today if the JFK dude admitted of alien life/contact--ramifications on religions, how much and if these aliens are a threat, are we the only populated intelligent planet in our universe, our sense of relationships between people/others who are 'different' than us would change, who knows, maybe if he did admit, there wouldn't be wars, or racism, because someone is 'different' than us?

I agree with you totally, dude.
I think the biggest thing affected would be religion and that would cause a hell of a lot of friction in/between many religious groups(nothing out of the ordinary there, lol )
I don't think that we were ready for this in the 60's, but I feel that we are slowly being prepared to be made aware of the alien presence through tv, movies, internet etc. In the 60's this would probably have caused mass panic/hysteria. I think if their existence was officially declared now, there would still be panic etc, but not to the same extent as it would have been 40 years ago (once again, just my opinion) and in this supposed technological age mankind as a species would progress (after the extremists try to wreck it)

thanks for your reply, IMMORTAL.

regards
flc

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
If Kennedy had not been assassinated, I do believe that the world be a much freer place now.

The removal of the CIA etc would have virtually ensured that people like bin Laden would never have flourished.

Closing the Federal Reserve would have made American citizens much more content.

Thousands of Americans would not have been sacrificed on the altar of the Vietnam war.

And we'd know if the Queen is really a reptile

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

lol! - ever seen her up close? - she must be.
I definitely think the UK has the ugliest royal family on earth. Guess centuries of inbreeding has had an effect on them.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

lol! - ever seen her up close? - she must be.
I definitely think the UK has the ugliest royal family on earth. Guess centuries of inbreeding has had an effect on them.

Also remember about the man in Australia claiming to be the heir to the thron of England. Maybe that's it!

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheConservative

Also remember about the man in Australia claiming to be the heir to the thron of England. Maybe that's it!

lol. here's his pic - looks a bit normal to be royalty

now, if he looked like this, I could see him having a definite claim to royalty:

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
With all the dangerous enemies he made, I'm not surprised that someone capped him. Here's a potential list of people who killed him:

1. The mob: he cracked down pretty hard on La Costra Nostra, creating power vaccums which allowed Asian and ethnic crime groups to gobble up markets and expand relatively unmolested.

2.Other politicians: He really, really didn't give a rat's ass about people. He was less a president, and more of a dictator to some.

3. The Communists- Commies didn't like Americans.

4. Potentially, the Men in Black and whatever shadowy organization controls them- Hey, you spill the beans and the game's up.

Wow. I'm surprised he made it to president. My money's on the Mob.

If he had lasted one more year, I'm guessing less lives would have been lost, but a crime war would have broken out. The mob would have taken off the kid gloves and started fighting back.

DE

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
With all the dangerous enemies he made, I'm not surprised that someone capped him. Here's a potential list of people who killed him:

1. The mob: he cracked down pretty hard on La Costra Nostra, creating power vaccums which allowed Asian and ethnic crime groups to gobble up markets and expand relatively unmolested.

2.Other politicians: He really, really didn't give a rat's ass about people. He was less a president, and more of a dictator to some.

3. The Communists- Commies didn't like Americans.

4. Potentially, the Men in Black and whatever shadowy organization controls them- Hey, you spill the beans and the game's up.

Wow. I'm surprised he made it to president. My money's on the Mob.

If he had lasted one more year, I'm guessing less lives would have been lost, but a crime war would have broken out. The mob would have taken off the kid gloves and started fighting back.

DE

Interesting thoughts as always, DeusEx.
My suspicion is that the CIA done it, or, if he really was going to blow the lid over aliens, then MIB's(or whoever they are)
I don't see the communists being involved. although there was a huge cover-up anyway, imagine what would have happened if it emerged that they wre responsible? - could have been WW3

thanks for your reply, DeusEx

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by maynardsthirdeye
I saw a documentary on JFK and I realized what a dangerous president he was. He was taking powerful drugs that gave the feeling of power and being above others. That would have led him to make reckless decisions bad for both himself and the country. I could see how the governments within could see him as a danger.

Keep the times in mind though. Every housewife was a valium addict (unknowingly) and met her husband at the door with a martini. Watch an old Bewitched or I Dream of Jeanie episode to see how liquor obsessed we were as a culture. The 'three martini lunch' was a reality then. Everybody wanted to be in the "Rat Pack".

I used to collect items from the 50's and 60's that were hidden office bars. Books that opened to decanters, statue decanters. It was a well known 'secret' that every real man was high or drunk.

I'd wager we had previous Presidents that were coc aine sniffers when that was the gentlemanly thing to do as well. (Not like Bush and Clinton.)

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I don't see the communists being involved. although there was a huge cover-up anyway, imagine what would have happened if it emerged that they wre responsible? - could have been WW3

Our military at the time was a blood hungry beast ready to wage war at the drop of a hat. That's why the military wanted Kennedy out of the way. If there was even a shadow of a hint that the communists could be tagged as the people that killed Kennedy, our military would have jumped all over them like the W. Bush administration on a third world country. And with the way Kennedy was revered in this country at the time of his death, almost EVERYONE would have been on or in front of that band wagon. Nope, definately not the commies.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
I can probably say we'd never had the cold war as JFK knew to take a hard line and throw appeasment out the door.

If I'm correct, the cold war started long before Kennedy came to power. It was at/near it's height when he was at the helm.
I think he showed guts during this time and certainly a lesser man could have pressed the "button"(just my opinion).
Would it have ended the cold war? - I don't think so. The USSR would know what type of guy they were dealing with. I think they would have tried more subversive stuff than they already did and try to oust him from power some way or another.

thanks for the reply

You are correct
the cold war was a direct result of World War II and historically is considered to have started with the defeat of Nazi Germany and the subsequent division of that country.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Keep the times in mind though. Every housewife was a valium addict (unknowingly) and met her husband at the door with a martini. Watch an old Bewitched or I Dream of Jeanie episode to see how liquor obsessed we were as a culture. The 'three martini lunch' was a reality then. Everybody wanted to be in the "Rat Pack".

I agree that it was much more accepted and the people were naive about the effects, but it doesn't change the fact that they really did impare his judgement.

My guess is that had he not been assassinated, his affairs would have come out, his ever increasing back problems would have made him up the dosage constantly and lets not forget about the syphillus.

The FBI would have made sure all this came out if JFK had run for re-election.

Anybody ever read any of Nietches later work, that what syphillus does to ya.

IMHO of course.

Spiderj

top topics

join