It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[CLOSED - MISTAKE] Naivity :D

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This, is a website devoted to conspiracies.

No kidding, sherlock - i hear you say (well not exactly, but something using similar phrasing but slightly different wording i suspect). Many of these conspiracies - particularly in this forum - are related to government, and more specifically NASA, cover ups. So imagine my surprise when i search past threads with the keyword 'petition' to find NO results!?

As a believer myself that there is more, at the least to the moon - and possibly further, that has been discovered in recent years (like since 1969)than we are told, i find it strange that this site has so little record of hosting online petitions for TRUE freedom of information from NASA and affiliated bodies.

By this i mean, of course, TOTAL public access to data collected by the space program (concerning discoveries - clearly i understand the importance for some secrecy surrounding craft technical information; such is the nature of competition for space access). You know the space program i refer to? the one set up in the spirit of exploration, in order to gather information about the environment around us.

Are we kept from hearing the extent of logging in the rainforest? Do maps hide from us the contours of land around major cities, so that we may only gain a vague idea of their appearence? Is London, or New York, or Tokyo airbrushed from google earth!? NO!

So in what way is it possible, in a nation built on principals of equality and justice, for a public agency founded for the exploration of space, and the education of the people on what it contains, to be permitted to HIDE its findings?

HOW can NASAs refusal to declassify original photographs of the dark side of the moon to the public be justified?

WHY are we still learning of seemingly significant events now from Apollo missions that happened years ago?

And WHAT gives NASA, an organisation funded solely by the US government, and therefore indirectly by the taxes paid by US citizens, the right to refuse to disclose information discovered by the use of that money!?

Readers, i ask you to join me in supporting a petition for total disclosure from NASA on both past and future missions. The way the US people have been abused is unacceptable - and people around the world, not just in america, should join in demanding unaltered data from NASA.

To ensure fair play, i believe that LIVE, uneditted streams of all data collected by future probes/projects should be fed simultaneously to a number of independant labs around the world - or at least the US - for analysis.

As to those that suggest that the release of such data could cause a breach of national security - i ask WHY? Does the US military have missile bases on the moon!? or on Saturn!? Even if that were to be true, any nation capable of that kind of achievement would be revered beyond attack! Perhaps they plan to drop satellites on opponents in the event of war? erm... unlikely, i think you'll find.

So i ask you - Show your support for the freedom of information!
One line 'support' posts, though greatfully recieved, are too damaging to ATS bandwidth. Please reply with your ideas for the wording of such a petition, or flag if you wish to show your support.

If the idea is suitably popular, i will release an email address to post support to which will be forwarded to the US government with our views.

Thank you.

Foreman of rebellion.

edit: Sorry - well reasoned closure on this one, a huuuuuuuuuge mistake

[edit on 22-8-2007 by ScriptKiddie]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScriptKiddie
...By this i mean, of course, TOTAL public access to data collected by the space program ...So in what way is it possible, in a nation built on principals of equality and justice, for a public agency founded for the exploration of space, and the education of the people on what it contains, to be permitted to HIDE its findings?
HOW can NASAs refusal to declassify original photographs of the dark side of the moon to the public be justified?
Foreman of rebellion.

Yeah, exactly.
However, the truth is that it's not NASA, per se, withholding this evidence.
We all know (and it's no conspiracy theory either) that hundreds of billions of dollars and untold masses of information are withheld from the public and the elected government as well. They are, at this point, untouchable.
There is simply no way to reasonably ascertain whether this aforementioned material is contained in the "black-box" budget and oversight.
I support you in everything you said - but I won't vote for it because I think you are fighting windmills.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScriptKiddie
If the idea is suitably popular, i will release an email address to post support to which will be forwarded to the US government with our views.

What a great way to gain lots of people's personal information for spam purposes, no thanks.

Why not use one of the petition sites if you're honestly interested in this?

Petition Spot
ipetitions

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ScriptKiddie

There's good reason that you don't...

Find any petitions or other means of activism.

I would suggest reviewing these two links:

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: ATS And Activism – Please Review This Link.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join