It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurlburt, Eglin an The Secret Bases in Western Floridia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
As I was in western Florida, between Pensacola Floridan an Panama City. The fact is I have never heard of these air force bases, especially Hurlburt Air force Special Operations Base (field). For me I have never heard of an Spec. Ops. Air force base. Also in Eglin as we all know is where MOAB was created an was tested near here.

It seems that this place in Hurlburt is the Special Operations center, but I never even knew about all this or even it was in Florida.

Information on research an what seemed to look like telescopic systems might be explained here-
www.eglin.af.mil...

I am asking anyone who might know more about these bases to help me learn more.

The weird thing is an I am really skeptic about is the research facilities out here in the Emerald Coast, not only every day you wake up, you see an hear aircraft flying over you, but there are many miles of beautiful beaches of restricted Area 51 signs an warnings on photography an video.

I am very skeptic about all this.

Sources:
www.milnet.com...
www.af.mil...

[edit on 22-8-2007 by ragster]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
In Florida, Bob Sikes is the center of spookdom. ICAO code CEW. It is the home of Tepper Aviation.

I can give you the tail numbers, dates and time, if you wish to pursue an investigation at CEW. It's alot of work, so don't ask unless you are serious about staking it out, getting photos, etc.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Hurlburt and Eglin have been there a long long time. The warning signs you see are a sign of a secure area normally where high value assets are kept such as that large Radar Tower that monitors the skies. The signs also are used around nearly every USAF airfield and areas where they do live fire events to keep people from straying into areas where pilots are shooting and dropping live ammunition. These signs normally indicate that the area is monitored and patrolled by security forces to protect the aircraft and systems within.

Eglin is huge and they do weapons tests around the area for sure such as the MOAB. That was a huge explosion that was felt all around the area.

USAF Special Ops has been at Hurlburt for as long as I can remember.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
www.flightstats.com...

its a regular old airport

north of the base there

I would love for u talk more about it, maybe u could elaborate here if you want, it would be a good discussion, an I would truly think about taking this to ATS scholar researchers, so please anything would be great.

an to Xeven thanks for the info, i find it interesting about the USAF SO there, I just never knew

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The rendition planes use regular old airports. That is what makes this fun.

Here are the tail number of planes using CEW.
N4557C
N11249 (Just a C172)
N3755p (A civilian C130. Does it get any better than that!)
N1018H (C182)
N168D ( CN235, a jumper plane. Often seen at JNX)
N196D (another CN235)
N219D (as above, but not there very often)
N226G (B732;
N475LC
N478GS
N5025 (CN235 jumper plane)
N610G
N8183J

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
gariac

so the ultimate question is I might have to ask is what is your idea about all this an so on, especially right here in Florida, could it be military or would you say drugs, or agency intervention?

www.faa.gov...

[edit on 23-8-2007 by ragster]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I live in the area and have worked at both Eglin and Hurlburt in the Officers club and NCO club. They are not secret bases but they do secret things just like any other military installation.
I hear bombs all night long where my house is. They test bombs everyday all day on the reservation.
I remember when they tested the Moab bomb the whole area shook. It was pretty amazing that it was heard from so far off. The military owns allot of land around here including public beaches. No big deal, nothing to see here move along!

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
There isnt anything really secret about Eglin or Hurlburt. Eglin is actually the biggest AF Base in the CONUS, and was voted the nicest base in the whole AF by the AF personnel...

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
but ultimately, this inquiry will not bother people living there, but truly the fact that these bases are so great an so simple, it brings more interest.

No worries this will not do any wrong

But there is indeed something, more than anything than ordinary with these bases, even though they are said to be simple an ordinary, I will strive to make this questionable at the least.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragster
gariac

so the ultimate question is I might have to ask is what is your idea about all this an so on, especially right here in Florida, could it be military or would you say drugs, or agency intervention?

www.faa.gov...

[edit on 23-8-2007 by ragster]

It is hard to pin down exactly what these planes are doing in such and such location. As you saw, I pinned down N196D doing jumper exercises, but I hardly know where they will actually be jumping in theater. [N168D has been sneaking into the Nellis range area in the past week. They file to land at 1L1 (Lincoln County], but evade detection by chaning from IFR to VFR. They maybe heading to basecamp.]

Those One Leasing planes at Basecamp remained a mystery for a year or two until another plane owned by the same firm crashed in Columbia. All you can really do is gather information and sit on it. I took a photo of a C17 landing at Desert Rock Airstrip (DRA). Years later, it is suspected to be related to the "Scorpians" training in the Nellis range. If you get the book ""Hubris", there is information on the Scorpians. Again, it took a while to learn what the plane was doing, and then not with 100% certainty.

www.lazygranch.com...
www.lazygranch.com...
Note the white buses to meet the planes occupants.

www.lazygranch.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Hurlburt is where they train the USAF tactical air command and control personnel (1C4X1).

new topics

top topics

join