It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Dept.: Information Act doesn't cover White House records

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Justice Dept.: Information Act doesn doesn't cover White House records

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - Opening a new front in the Bush administration's battle to keep its records confidential, the Justice Department is contending that the White House Office of Administration is not subject to the Freedom of Information Act.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-8-2007 by ADHDsux4me]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Again The Executive Branch asserts it's dictatorship. Now the un-equal division of power, the checks and balances, are there for the eye to see.

Also if you recall, there are a whole lot of new Judges in the Supreme court Loyal to the Executive branch. This makes a Democratically full congress marginally usefull at best, when it comes to making the peoples rights and voices count.

2 out of the 3 branches favor the dictatorship, and we sleep in fear, and are kept complacent by the Colliseum (american Idol, reality shows, individuality killing prescription drugs, and video games)

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Executive Privledge is Executive Privledge. Classified documents don't come under FOIA unless they have been declassified. Awwww! What happened? Did some Democrat Congresscritter try to request the records through FOIA that the White House wouldn't give them? Fair is fair. I want Hilliary's White House documents released from the Clinton library before the 2008 election, but guess what? The same law covers those as well.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
JIMC... it's always the same thing with you: Democrats v. Republicans. Doesn't matter where documents are. If they're classified FOIA can't get them. I believe the issue here is that the JD is saying ALL executive branch documents (classified or otherwise) are immune from FOIA requests. That essentially puts the executive branch outside of the rest of government. It was never designed nor intended to be that way. It's not right. I don't care whose Koolaide you drink.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
JIMC... it's always the same thing with you: Democrats v. Republicans. Doesn't matter where documents are. If they're classified FOIA can't get them. I believe the issue here is that the JD is saying ALL executive branch documents (classified or otherwise) are immune from FOIA requests. That essentially puts the executive branch outside of the rest of government. It was never designed nor intended to be that way. It's not right. I don't care whose Koolaide you drink.

I don't drink kool-aid. I drink beer. The article referred to was an attack on the Bush Administration. Prove I was wrong about there trying to be an end run around Executive Privledge. I don't care one way or another, Republican or Democrat. I just don't care for the media bias against Bush.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
If one wanted to go further into the rabbit hole, ask yourself... What was the civil war really about?

There would be quite a comparison to what the founding fathers of our country would have wanted.

Remember The Winners of Wars write the history books.

-ADHD

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Regardless of any Specific Bush Bashing, which is a side effect and not the point of this.

Isn't anybody else concerned that the offices of the Executive branch, and the Legislative branch are patting each others back, while minimalizing the publicly elected representatives of the people, our Congress?.

Another look, any laws that currently exist to the detriment of the Executive branches power base, are retro-actively being ruled as either unconstitutional or as not applying to the entire Executive branch.

This is done by a now Loyal Legislative branch, whose job is to interepret the Law. The President assigns New judges when others retire.

Another Look, NO LAW PASSES without the Approval of our Country's CEO

The Executive Branch's right to Veto, essentially nullifies anything the Congress does to further it's elected officials bills.

Watch Basketball, this is like the Goaltending call, only it isn't enforcable by any referee. The threat of the Veto is just as effective as the Veto itself.

Big Picture:

No Bill becomes Law without the Executive Branch's approval. Any Law the Executive Branch does not like, can be reversed by it's strategic allies in the Legislative Branch. Also on a whim Executive Priviledge covers any other parts that may hinder the Executive branch.

And all Congress can do is get sneakier, and sneakier to get something to pass, or they just give up trying to actually improve our nation through laws to benefit the people's needs.

The worst side effect of a forcefully made to be impotent Congress; all they CAN do is vote to give themselves a raise.

I'm sorry Truly sorry that I see this for what it is. All I got was an "A" in high school Civics.

-ADHD

top topics

join