It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

God's book.... wheres Satan's book!?!

page: 1
2

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I saw a funny newspaper cartoon from a few years ago, and it was to the effect of "i would never read the bible, you're only getting one side of the story!" In a way it kind of is true. If there is infact a supreme ruler of the underworld, why hasn't he written a book telling his side of the story?!?




posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix
 


Good question, although Anton Lavey actually came up with the Satanic Bible quite a few years back now.

I don't know if there would be any other one, but wasn't Satan pretty much just the first fallen angel who led the revolt against Heaven. And it wasn't until the medieval times when he actually became considered as God's true counterpart? That is at least what I remember from my Humanities classes back in college.



posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81
 



Yeah but apparently to religious people, God wrote the bible! So i don't think that would count.



posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
People become satanists perfectly on their own, so what's the point in having a book? It's what's natural in everybody.


The tree of life however is what's guarded by the sword.



posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Satan doesnt have a book because He has no authority or power without G-d. If He had a book most people would hate it. It would constantly remind people about how sick, hypocritical, subjective, deluded and psychotic they are. It would not be pro Human. It would be the Grail of Misanthropy or "Why the Human Race Should be Exterminated".

No human on earth would write that.



posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Same book....'satan' is defined as opposition to man for his growth and also as God's anger.

A Kingdom divided against itself cannot stand. And all that there is, is within G.O.D.!~



posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Originally posted by bigbert81

Yeah but apparently to religious people, God wrote the bible! So i don't think that would count.

Yeah but didn’t Moses write it for him? I thought it was dictated by God to Moses on Mount Sinai www.leaderu.com...

The point is it is blatantly obvious that someone(s) at some point(s) in time wrote the pages of bible. Obviously they will have claimed to under the influence of God.

So if God can talk to people directly enough to write a bible, then perhaps so to can the “Devil”? (Yep even if he really is exactly as described in the Christian form).
In which case there could be more than one Devils book (or bible) in circulation, each will have been written by a man whose mind is under the influence of certain Dark Forces. Perhaps even those who write the speeches of world leaders haven't always been spared?

SEPARATE: I’m not really debating this; but in my opinion a combination of: God, the Devil, and the assistance-influence of certain psychedelic drugs is probably what really wrote the bible (guess).



posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984
 


Well, I actually believe that it was just the Torah which God wrote through Moses (first 5 books of the Bible).



Satan doesnt have a book because He has no authority or power without G-d. If He had a book most people would hate it. It would constantly remind people about how sick, hypocritical, subjective, deluded and psychotic they are. It would not be pro Human. It would be the Grail of Misanthropy or "Why the Human Race Should be Exterminated".

No human on earth would write that.


Actually, Anton Lavey's Satanic Bible has nothing to do with any of that. As crazy as it sounds, it might actually do you some good, or at least open your eyes a bit if you did just a tad of research on this. Might help you see both sides more clearly on what Satanists believe.



posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix

God's book.... wheres Satan's book!?!



Right Here!



La Vey's book is hardly a "Bible" in the sense of an outline of the broad sweep and scope of satanism. More like one man's diatribe against the Machine.

Another direction to look might be grimiores like the "pow wow books" of the pennsylvania dutch, or medieval occultists. Otherwise, you're looking for the "real" necronomicon or something, you'll just have to write your own.

As others have said, the goal of the dark lord would be to deceive, right? So any "dark bible" would be unreliable. (note: this applies to my link, come to think of it.)


.



posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft
 


lol...love the link.

You do make a good point about Lavey's book, but it does have more than you say including Satanic rituals, incantations, hierarchy, the whole viewpoint including their "commandments", etc.

[edit on 22-8-2007 by bigbert81]



posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
reply to post by Liberal1984
 


Well, I actually believe that it was just the Torah which God wrote through Moses (first 5 books of the Bible).



Satan doesnt have a book because He has no authority or power without G-d. If He had a book most people would hate it. It would constantly remind people about how sick, hypocritical, subjective, deluded and psychotic they are. It would not be pro Human. It would be the Grail of Misanthropy or "Why the Human Race Should be Exterminated".

No human on earth would write that.


Actually, Anton Lavey's Satanic Bible has nothing to do with any of that. As crazy as it sounds, it might actually do you some good, or at least open your eyes a bit if you did just a tad of research on this. Might help you see both sides more clearly on what Satanists believe.


I pretty familar with Lavey and his books. Ive corresponded with Lt. Col Michael Aquino before. So I'm not ignorant about what modern Satanists believe. To Lavey Satan was a metaphor and he drew that concept from the Christian perception of it rather than the Jewish concept.

Even Lt Col Aquino is pretty far off with the whole Set = Satan. I would argue that Set may of been what the Egyptians called the G-d of Israel.

If there were a religion based on how Satan acted in the Bible it would be Misanthropic and Distheistic. Satan from the Bible has no sympathy or mercy for humanity. The act of humans worshipping him would antagonize him further.

Now Ahriman on the other hand.



posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS
 


Hmmm, thanks for the info. I don't think at least that I said anything contradictory to that, because that is actually MY understanding as well.

The Satanic religion seems to be more about acting the way that is inside of us, and taking what you want and giving into temptations. Really a very different concept than Christianity which is where the whole metaphor of Satan came about.

Anton Lavey's book is as far as I know however, the closest thing to an opposite of the Bible. But you might be right with some sort of ancient grimoire or such. Even the real Necronomicon (if it even exists).

The Necronimicon....I think this actually deserves a thread of it's own.

[edit on 22-8-2007 by bigbert81]



posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
reply to post by MikeboydUS
 


Hmmm, thanks for the info. I don't think at least that I said anything contradictory to that, because that is actually MY understanding as well.

The Satanic religion seems to be more about acting the way that is inside of us, and taking what you want and giving into temptations. Really a very different concept than Christianity which is where the whole metaphor of Satan came about.

Anton Lavey's book is as far as I know however, the closest thing to an opposite of the Bible. But you might be right with some sort of ancient grimoire or such. Even the real Necronomicon (if it even exists).

The Necronimicon....I think this actually deserves a thread of it's own.

[edit on 22-8-2007 by bigbert81]


Satanism is what I would call from Jewish point of view a religion that embraces Yetzer Ra rather than Yetzer Tov.

Yetzer Ra
"Lit. evil impulse. The selfish desire for satisfaction of personal needs, which can lead a person to do evil if not restrained by the yetzer tov. "

The Necronomicon definitely for another thread.



posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Who was the first Society to record their history in permanent form and the story of an "Evil One" and therein lies the first step to finding Satan's Bible.

I would only be guessing but Sumerian might be one such civilization that had such a thing.



posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
Who was the first Society to record their history in permanent form and the story of an "Evil One" and therein lies the first step to finding Satan's Bible.

I would only be guessing but Sumerian might be one such civilization that had such a thing.


Please dont tell me your trying to say the Enuma Elish is the work of the devil. Not every mythology and associated text is demonically inspired, people do have imaginations too.



posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Well, I think I might have found it. A book called the "Great Grimoire" supposedly given to the world's first witch by Lucifer himself. The only thing is, this book is a legend, no one knows if it really exists.

The book is supposed to have secret information about God himself, including his name of creation (sounds a little like the movie Warlock).

Good thing it's only a legend.....or is it? Muahaha!



posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
Who was the first Society to record their history in permanent form and the story of an "Evil One" and therein lies the first step to finding Satan's Bible.

I am only making a somewhat educated guess but I think it was the Zoroastrians.



posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
I saw a funny newspaper cartoon from a few years ago, and it was to the effect of "i would never read the bible, you're only getting one side of the story!" In a way it kind of is true. If there is infact a supreme ruler of the underworld, why hasn't he written a book telling his side of the story?!?


I didn't read any replies yet... but I can not believe that this is a question.

It's quite clear when you read the Bible that it is both God and Satan's book.

It clearly makes arguments for both sides all the time.

Here's a little help to understand: Observe "GOD" and "LORD God".
----
It should also be noted that people follow the Bible sometimes, not because they believe in the true loving God, but because they have found that there are reasons that are beneficial to the self(as we all know, Satan likes for us to do for our individual self).
I like to think of the business world as the world where we can utilize God's advice to advance the world of the individual self. Working together works better, but we do it to benefit our selves. The idea of the true and loving God is that we work together because we truly want everyone else to benefit; not our self.

It's all in how you use the information that decides whose book it is.

[edit on 8/24/2007 by TarzanBeta]



posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
It's quite clear when you read the Bible that it is both God and Satan's book.


Are you suggesting that Satan was able to influence the Bible?

This is a question I have been struggling with lately.
Is it possible that the devil was able to manipulate the Bible?
I mean, most Christians will admit that Satan rules the earth, but they are unwilling to believe that he may have corrupted the Bible.

I have no doubt that God exists.
I can even believe in the Divinity of Jesus.
But I do have trouble believeing everything the Bible says simply because I dont trust man and the most accurate Bible vesion I have says KING JAMES on it.



posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hi all

.....Tarzanbeta is right.
Ever heard about the BLACK POPE!It´s dutch dude BTW
You might consider him SATAN. and the clan behind him. the white pope can´t exsist without the black one.

But don´t be bothered by such questions bravo it´s all fiction anyway the truth.

Mount Sin ai = mount of the moon
Sin agoge = Church of the moon

Religion is though m8 just look at all those threads in this ATS forum.
you will never find your answer in teh books but they can give you knowledge that atleast is a good thing.

Understand it´s the best written book in the world
Believe the Myths and Legends better. the biggest myth is that Myths are just Myths.

Nando out!



new topics

top topics



 
2

log in

join