It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF flying saucer pictures and document

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Carrion,

I'm not sure about the Jeep picture. When I looked at it again...it appears to me that the shadow looks right to me. The shadow is falling almost directly under the jeep and it appears to be the same under the saucer. As for pixalation, I cannot tell from that picture, but if I were at home rather than at work (lol) I would be able to take a closer look with photoshop.

As for the other pictures, they ar not real. The author actually indicates within the text that many are illustrations. I believe most are based on this image with the jeep. The others are simply for illustrative purposes to give the reader a better idea of the aircraft being described.

I agree many would be horrible attemps at photograph faking, but in fact that was not their intended purpose.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I like the subtle humor in this picture. It's ironic that the saucer is on "E" Bay.

Helluva Photoshop/CAD/3DStudioMax maniac here. He consistantly refers to them as illustrations and never claims them as real photos.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
To mee it looks like someone is very proficient in Photoshop.

Good story!

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The circular jet is definitely a 3d model composited into the pic.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Look the guy who made these pictures admits they are fake. I believe it was done with the help of some guy in Brazil. Two people who had some kind of clearance in the USAF caught a glimpse of them in a hanger...

Just go to the link I put above about Jeff Rense and listen to part of the radio program. I hate to have people waste their time debating whether these are real photos. You can debate on whether the thing really existed.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
its a hoax. computer generated aircraft.

look at these pictures

heres the first one on page one.

then later on on page one there's this picture

they both look like they were dropped in the by a computer. and not to mention that the first one has three rear wheels and the second only has one in the back. it looks like the computer graphics on a cheesey sci fi show. and CMON. if your going to fake a UFO cant you at least make it look like the same thing in more than one pic!

[Edited on 1-16-2004 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Having known people who work in the special effects business, I can tell you for 100% sure that these are computer images.

Both a mixture of obvious and more convincing renders have been used, alongside mspaint (!) illustrations, seem to put across the deception that the more convincing ones are real, and the less convincing ones are just computer models.

One or two of these renders are actually fairly impressive. But I'd give this guy a little bit more kudos if he hadn't used the words "for real" in the same sentence as "flying saucers".

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Some of the comments crack me up! There are 4 real photos just on the first page. Sure there are the "blueprint" style photos (made) and the one 3d (made), but amazing what people think.

Oh, I do see on other pages lots of made ones, but there are some real ones in there.

Am I am expert? Well, I get paid to work with photoshop all day and have for a few years. I have made many, many, many things, but what some people claim to be fake is pretty funny.

Anyway, I can't believe the big deal about this. I have seen these before and I think even on some old show on Discovery about plane design. Have people not really seen these?? They have been "out" of the hangar a long time. Claims are that the airforce made these just to fly and help disinfo the ufo stories.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Some of the comments crack me up! There are 4 real photos just on the first page. Sure there are the "blueprint" style photos (made) and the one 3d (made), but amazing what people think.

Oh, I do see on other pages lots of made ones, but there are some real ones in there.

Am I am expert? Well, I get paid to work with photoshop all day and have for a few years. I have made many, many, many things, but what some people claim to be fake is pretty funny.

Anyway, I can't believe the big deal about this. I have seen these before and I think even on some old show on Discovery about plane design. Have people not really seen these?? They have been "out" of the hangar a long time. Claims are that the airforce made these just to fly and help disinfo the ufo stories.

We aren't talking about your pissy little photoshop here, we are talking about full blown movie/tv series quality 3D rendering here. The sort of stuff that takes several hours to render.

While you may be paid to mess around in front of photo shop for a few hours a day, this guy is probably looking to really get serious with 3D work. You can't pull this sort of thing off in your standard CAD, but that still doesn't mean that it can't be faked by someone who knows what they are doing.

I mean, have you even seen the movie independance day? That looks realistic, but it doesn't mean it's not fake.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
its a hoax. computer generated aircraft.
look at these pictures
heres the first one on page one.

then later on on page one there's this picture

Ummmm...nope, sorry. I know many people here want this to be fake and that is ok. Fire away all you want I guess...

Top photo = real
Inside Hangar = real
Jeep Photo = real
Outside Hangar b&w = real

I know many on the site are obviously "manufactured" and bad...but sorry, there is not a ghost in every closet. This was known craft and NOT a big deal. No reason to hoax it....

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AukerResearch
We aren't talking about your pissy little photoshop here, we are talking about full blown movie/tv series quality 3D rendering here. The sort of stuff that takes several hours to render.

While you may be paid to mess around in front of photo shop for a few hours a day, this guy is probably looking to really get serious with 3D work. You can't pull this sort of thing off in your standard CAD, but that still doesn't mean that it can't be faked by someone who knows what they are doing.

I mean, have you even seen the movie independance day? That looks realistic, but it doesn't mean it's not fake.

Sorry to say my "pissy" little photoshop as a way to help out the people that say "looks photoshopped", so they could understand.

I guess you need to know that my "pissy" little hands work on many programs and techniques. Do you understand? Movies? Yes. Print? Yes. Web? Yes.
Yes I know ID4...I worked on that movie. I will take that as a compliment.

Cracks me up. It like someone walking down the street. Sees a $20 on the ground and then says it has to be a fake, its not quite green enough and then walks away.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
zed can you tell us witch ones you think are real?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Originally posted by AukerResearch

Sorry to say my "pissy" little photoshop as a way to help out the people that say "looks photoshopped", so they could understand.

I guess you need to know that my "pissy" little hands work on many programs and techniques. Do you understand? Movies? Yes. Print? Yes. Web? Yes.
Yes I know ID4...I worked on that movie. I will take that as a compliment.

Cracks me up. It like someone walking down the street. Sees a $20 on the ground and then says it has to be a fake, its not quite green enough and then walks away.

No you see I'm the type that walks down the street, sees a $20 bill on the ground, and hands it to the nearest homeless guy. I don't care if it's fake or not, especially considering your US currency is worthless in England.

My reference to photoshop being "pissy" was in comparison to the software used by top notch professionals.

I would like to see if you can better that guy's work using only photoshop.

Let's not turn this into a lame argument though. Just remember the fact that I have a keen eye for what is a hoax and what is not.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I don't believe its real because it uses a tail fin and the b2 bomber isn't using it and there are more planes not using it why should a disk craft have this if a blended body craft the b2 doesn't use it. With the help of flybywire it isn't neccasery.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I work with computer graphics. Those pictures are, without a shadow of a doubt all renders.

mercury.walagata.com...

This one gives it all away, the brightness of the rendered object is screwy. The disk is reflecting much brighter than sky around it, it is amplifying the light, as are the wheels. It is very obviously added by rendering it in a 3D package.

[Edited on 17-1-2004 by Zzub]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
geesh, if that isn't a fake, I'm the pope...

The jet aircraft in this pic is at least 40 years old.
I'm not entirely sure what type it is, my first guess was the F-105 thunderchief, but that aircraft has a pointy nose, this one does not...
Anyway, that aircraft is at least 30 - 40 years old, so the photo itself must also be that old.

It is WAY too sharp, it's just too perfect for a photo that was taken that long ago...

Also the shadows are incorrect, you can see the shadow of the nose wheels on the left side of the plane(the jet aircraft).

But the shadow of the tail (of the UFO) is on the right side ...

HOAX

[Edited on 17-1-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
All who said the pics are fake........ You're right!!!
Seems this guy has another web site too...
Michael H. Schratt

Here is a direct quote from the other web site that include the very same pics.....
"Illustrations are copyrighted by Jack D. Pickett and Michael H. Schratt."

And that's the rest of the story....... good day.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
And at the top of the page is says "Illustrations by Michael H. Schratt" and they have the link to the other site as updates.....

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It is obvious they are created on a computer. Anyone who doesnt see that truly is just wanting to believe something that isnt true. And yes, at the top of the page it says "Illustrated by", have you ever thought that whoever made it just is trying to show how they might look, and not pass them off as fakes? Its similar to doing a police sketch of a wanted criminal, they are just ideas of how they MIGHT look.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I mean just look at this, its almost ridiculos

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join