It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chávez deal to aid low-income Londoners

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
You should be learning spanish and watching what Chavez himself has said from his own mouth instead of relying on a "westernized bastardized version of the events to blame "THE CIA"....

Send me a link with what he said

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

First - that you did not watch the documentary. Because in this film, you can actually see what was happening on that day, when the cameraman was filming the pro-Chavez gathering infront of presidentdal palace and then the anti-Chavez crowds came there too (which was NOT planned, but was only a provocation to create a confrontation between the two opposing sides on the streets and create chaos).

Well sorry to tell you that the fact that Chavez implemented a military operation, known as plan Avila, which has been used in the past as military force against demonstrations shows the contrary...not to mention the fact that in other videos, which of course the Irish people who filmed and rigged that video you gave do not show or state. Nor the fact that in several instances you can see Chavistas, with their red caps, shooting at demonstrators and their faces were captured yet the Chavista government released those people and did not punish them for their actions even though their faces and names have been known for years....

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei

Send me a link with what he said

You can start with this, which i gave on page 5 on this thread and i have given several times in the past.

In this recording Chavez calls for the implementation of plan Avila, which has been used in the past and it is a go ahead to use force against demonstrations or civil unrest...

www.urru.org...

As for the other videos, I have given those several times also, and I have called for some of the Chavistas in these forums who speak Spanish, such as Marg, to listen to Chavez's own words and then tell me I am lying.

Maybe DG can see those videos, whenever i find them again, and then tell the rest of the members whether or not Chavez is saying what I have stated so many times that he has said from his own mouth.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I find it extremely ironic that Chavez mentions Communist dictators as if they were his idols, and he obviously has as the greatest mentor a living Communist dictator yet the Chavistas in these forums keep trying to condone Chavez' actions...

Anyways, here is one of the videos i have given in the past.

video.google.com...

In the following thread i spoke a bit about what Chavez stated in the above video, and I gave the time in the video where he has stated that he would not be taken out of office even if enough votes are gathered to take him out.

The interview starts with Venezuelans who were fired en mass for having signed the referendum against Chavez, and Chavez himself has stated the lists of Venezuelans who signed will be kept for the future and those people who signed would have to sign their names, give their Venezuelan counterpart for the social security number, they will have to give their fingerprints etc, and it can be clearly understood it was a thread to those who voted against him and any Venezuelan who will ever dare to vote against him.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yet everytime such videos are shown which perfectly show Chavez is a Communist dictator the Chavistas, which most often don't even understand spanish, always claim "it was mounted by the CIA, blah, blah, blah", when you can clearly hear and see that "Chavez himself has shown by his own mouth he is nothing more than a dictator...

In that same video at 3 minutes 18 seconds you hear Chavez who claims that if in three years people think he shouldn't be in office they can sign him off in a referendum.... Yet later on when referendums were signed against him and there was more than enough signatures he has stated he will not be taken out of office nomatter how many Venezuelans sign a referendum.

[edit on 26-8-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I agree I think some people need to start admitting there own governments are no better than the ones they're criticising. I'm big enough to admit that the British Government is corrupt in some aspects, illegal wars is just one example.
I find it ridiculous that people from USA and Britain can criticise certain countries for not running there countries as how they seem fit , You need look no further than your own. Double standards.

[edit on 26uSunday07/27/20 by paul76]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
All I know is, this is simply business which benefits both countries and the people in this transaction. Whatever the motives were, both of them and their people are benefitting form this transaction. I dont know what or why they decided to do this, and could care less. It came out good for everyone.

At least Chavez was not paying terrorists in somalia 100,000$ a month to terrorize the populace, which were subsequently ousted from most of the south by a popular peopels movement, whereupon peace and stability actually reigned over Somalia for 6 months. That of course as until Ethiopia was given a sudden influx of military aid and then invaded Somalia and now it is once again worse than it was before.

the CIA was paying the terrorists that were booted out, which was even admitted bvy the Western backed interim president, and then the US gave Ethiopia the military aid to invade. Maybe Chavez is a communist dictator, but the leaders of the "free world" are instilling war lords and sanctioning invasions in every part of the globe.

there is more blood on the hands of this administatrion in the past twelve months alone, than in Chavez's entire life.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The latest John Pilger film - The War on Democracy can be seen in full via this link.

LINK

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
thank you for that. I have saved it and will be burning it to a hard disk media soon.

It really sheds light on many things when the report is coming straight from the streets and the mouths of the people that live there.

I suggest anyone who wants to "destroy" chavez and bring Venezuela back under Western domination at least watch it, if not for another educational piece.

And as far as I know on plan Avila, it seems like nothing more than declaring Martial Law, or suspending Habeus corpus, in order to bring order to an unruly situation.

That happened in New Orleans after Huricane Katrina. It also happened in 1965 in Watts, California to bring order during a moment of civil unrest.

On Friday night, a battalion of the 160th Infantry and the 1st Reconnaissance Squadron of the 18th Armored Cavalry were sent into the riot area (about 2,000 men). Two days later, the remainder of the 40th Armored Division was sent into the riot zone. A day after that, units from northern California arrived (a total of around 15,000 troops). These National Guardsmen put a cordon around a vast region of South Central Los Angeles, and for all intents and purposes the rioting was over by Sunday. Due to the seriousness of the riots, martial law had been declared.

As we can see, when things get out of hand, the government will use whatever power they legally have to bring order ASAP, irregardless of who that government may be.

[edit on 8/28/2007 by DYepes]

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join