It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphines Disappearing from Oceans thanx to French Super Catchers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Dolphines Disappearing from Oceans thanx to French Super Catchers

www.breitbart.com

Sightings by marine scientists of dolphins in the north Atlantic's Bay of Biscay have dropped off by 80 percent compared to the same period in 2006, a wildlife conservation group said Wednesday.
The alarming drop in numbers of the Bay's three most common species of dolphin -- the striped, bottlenose and common -- can be attributed to one or both of two causes, Clive Martin, senior wildlife officer for the Biscay Dolphin Research Programme, told AFP.

"We know for a fact that by-catch is killing thousands of dolphins every year," he said, referring to commercial fishing operations in the bay, which is formed by the northern coast of Spain and the eastern French seaboard up to the tip of Brittany.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Gee, and I thought the French were into just Escargo..
to be fair they were identified as the largest hawler or culprit, but I remember the Japanese were pretty systematically carless too. Check your tuna cans and make sure they say dolphin free.

Sys

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Are there tuna cans that says they are not dolphin free?

I am all for protecting dolphins, maybe one day there will be so many of them, that we could enjoy them for supper. Maybe someone could come up with a tuna/dolphin combo. Bet that would be delicious!

I guess dolphins are not as smart as we all thought they were.

apc

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Heh... nice uhm... title.

"If dolphins are so smart, why do they get caught in those fishing nets all the time?" - Cartman

I say if dolphins were as smart as we think they are, they would taste awful. They'd eat garlic and peppers to make themselves totally unpalatable. I mean if a cat can take a bus to a fish market, I'm sure a dolphin could take a boat to a farmers market.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Are there tuna cans that says they are not dolphin free?

I am all for protecting dolphins, maybe one day there will be so many of them, that we could enjoy them for supper. Maybe someone could come up with a tuna/dolphin combo. Bet that would be delicious!

I guess dolphins are not as smart as we all thought they were.

Frankly, I can't stand tuna. Does anybody ever worry about tuna?

new topics

top topics

join