It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agent provocateur?

page: 1

join
share:
JAK

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I came across this today which looks as though it could be interesting:

Police accused of using provocateurs at summit

Aug 21, 2007 09:14 PM
Canadian Press

OTTAWA – Protesters are accusing police of using undercover agents to provoke violent confrontations at the North American leaders' summit in Montebello, Que.

Such accusations have been made before after similar demonstrations but this time the alleged "agents provocateurs" have been caught on camera.

A video, posted on YouTube, shows three young men, their faces masked by bandannas, mingling Monday with protesters in front of a line of police in riot gear. At least one of the masked men is holding a rock in his hand.

The article also notes

"Late Tuesday, photographs taken by another protester surfaced, showing the trio lying prone on the ground. The photos show the soles of their boots adorned by yellow triangles. A police officer kneeling beside the men has an identical yellow triangle on the sole of his boot.

Here is the image in question:

Demonstration in Montebello: Monday, August 20, afternoon

Jak

[bbcode for video]

[edit on 22-8-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

[Edit: He, he. Thanks 12m8keall2c
]

[edit on 22/8/07 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I say yes, but only because more often than not Police will use such "agents" to shut down a gathering before it gets out of hand. They may have had good reason to bring it to a close, or maybe they wanted to go home home early. One thing can be said though, some times it is better to use those tricks, and fake arrest your own guys, than it is to let things go, and have to beat innocent rally goers.

Looks lke they will have to find a new way of marking their boots to ID each other. Now every one can buys that footwear and mark em as such.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
What a coincidence, I just posted that video on my last post in this thread:
ATS

But yes that is another tactic used to disperse protests, and it really makes
me angry!

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
You'll find they're probably anarchists rather than police. They've got a reputation for stirring up trouble.

There's no point to the police starting things.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I think the matching boots are more of a sloppy "attention to detail" thing amongst the undercovers. Someone pointed out that it looked like a particular brand of boot more than a marking (vibram) I agree. I think the actual marking is in the paint. If you watch the video, the two in camo pants have a greenish-yellow paint on their shoulders, while the one in jeans has it on his boots. Also, the two in cammo have neon green somewhere visible on them. The tall one one has it on his waist pack, and the one with the rock on his backpack.

Also notice that they didn't remove the backpacks from them immediately while they had them on the ground.

edit for spelling and grammar

[edit on 23-8-2007 by jefwane]

new topics

top topics

join