It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is on the way out, no need to create friction.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
religion is clearly on its way out in certain areas of the world. atheism is growing at a fast rate in the USA, Canada, and Europe. we have countries that are majority atheist (sweden, with 80+% has the biggest percentage of atheists), and the more educated people get the more likely they seem to become atheistic.

it's quite obvious that religion isn't going to be gone within our lifetimes...even our children's children's lifetimes... but the places where it perpetuates will be the places one does really want to live when it finally kicks the bucket.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
I could go on and on. But religion in my eyes is a mental poison, it does more harm than good, is responsible directly or indirectly for much of the woe in the world, and the world would be a much better place if people practiced their own version of spirituality in private without the benefit of greedy, grasping, hypocritical, child molesting clergy people and the curse of ancient dogma that is so convoluted and contradictory that no two Christians can exactly agree on what their god is like.

So, millions of religions. Everyone with their own religion is what you want.

And remember,you are not an authority on the Bible, it's doctrine or it's followers. You must study the text, in more ways than one if you want to argue and debase a Christians' faith.

Also, your opinions will be recieved as such, opinion. "Ancient dogma that is so convoluted and contradictory that no two Christians can exactly agree on what their god is like." I'm sorry man but you need to experience a church body that is alive. Have you ever held discussion with 25+ people about Christ? I mean intimate discussion, because I have, and I did, today at church and your accusation is null.

Also, please, everyone stop with the generalization of the christian.

That's like saying everyone who uses cannabis is a pothead dropout and everyone that eats fast food, is fat. There is no generalization in nature, so why do you promote it?

If you guys were really atheist, why would you even bother talking to christians. If they are true christians, nothing you can say will ever turn them away from their convictions.

finding Christ is like having a flashlight in the dark. You can see all the pitfalls ahead of you, and you can always locate the better path by shining the light, and studying what reflects back to you, judging it's properties.

When a true christian hears someone put God into a box, dwindle God down into a figment of imagination, demote his creation into chance and random act, turn God into something they fully understand, comprehend and control, we hurt. For you.

You will never take my light. I'll be more than happy to share it though.

Think on this. You can't see the future but you know it's coming.

Let's see if you understand what I mean by that.

[edit on 26-8-2007 by depth om]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Davood
Pacifistic Atheism is the way to go.

There is no need to have arguments for or against religion, just chill out and let it slowly fade into history.

Why bother fighting over the finer points of it? We should instead find ways of getting along with each other, and let the natural evolution of social structures take their time in the direction they are heading.

It will take many many centuries of social and technological development to provide the structures nessesary for this to happen.

The only possible way that I see is if they extend our lifespans long enough (lookup resveratol on google sometime) for us to see two centuries of life, and thus remove retirement for a much higher % of our lives.

And when they can finally give everyone eidetic memories... that coupled with extremely long ilfe spans would change the collective conciousness of the world.

What will happen is two things

1) some religions will simply dissapear within a few generations because their leaders will say "dont tinker with god blah blah blah" and their sheep will refuse the upgrades or leave the for the REAL WORLD instead of their fantasies... OR.....

2) some religions will flourish because they will accept the "upgrades" but once they have eidetic memories, they will be cursed with .. knowledge.. so they could pickup a physics textbook and read it cover to cover, and then when they try and de-stabilize the proofs and experiments they will be remembering exactly how they work and why.

it will be interesting.

[edit on 22-8-2007 by Davood]

Yes it is very true that religion is the way out of this world. Because this must be for the end of the world to come. For the world to fall apart as it must religion must fade away from most peoples minds. Once religion is gone you will see the world that the bible predicts in revelations. Mass murder, War. I feel for you people that want religion out the door. You will get what you wish and for that our lives will turn into hell. A man that believes that he is alone and that there is nothing worth anything after this life is a dangerous man. Where do you think most peoples morals come . weather you want to believe it or not. The things that most good people believe in did not just come from no where.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
NWO is the kingdom of God men. You will have to "worship" them down the line or you can't buy or sell, and if you don't get all cyborged out with chips and what not, you are a terrorist for not supporting the system. The Bible clearly alludes to these things.

It will be easier to live without God in those days than with him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join