It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**ALL MEMBERS** A REMINDER OF WHY WE ARE HERE AND HOW TO ACT.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by Reality Hurts

I never saw a u2u from you.

I'm sure you have access to member accounts, check my outbox.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by earthchild

I've been here for years but I don't post often.

Me too. I mostly read.

Why? well if I don't have something wothwhile to contribute I keep my mouth shut.

If only all of us thought that way.

Sure, these hoaxes peeve me like everybody else but what REALLY annoys me is that everybody and his dog has to jump on the bandwagon and comment some lame crap so that useless thread turns into 20 pages.

I never post what my dog thinks I should post! I do consult her on occasion, though.

Let them die, starve them out.

Good advice, but, the weak always target the weaker. Don't hold your breath on this one.

Heck, if I want points, the fastest way to do that these days is to post some lame hoax crap and thats just sad.

I've received MOST of my points through applause. Because, like you, I read more than I post, and I try to always advance a thread with my words, not destabalize (sic?) it.

And now I'll go back to reading and not posting. Please excuse my opinion, no offence intended for those that just can't help but post.

No excuse necissary and no offense taken. I couldn't help posting myself, but, it is all in support of your post. Well said!

Cuhail

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

hehehe you made me laugh so I have to put you on my friends list -
now I actually know what that button is for.

I think the star system is under utilised. If someone has already said what I agree with, I'll star it up rather than agree post.

Of course someone has to say it in the first place, so for that I'll leave it up to you posters...

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Pretty good posts here by Bo X and Cuhail.

I would beg to differ with one minor point:

If you come here with a -real- story and tell it straight up and don't embellish and do your best to answer questions, as long as there are no internal inconsistencies I think almost everyone, believers and skeptics alike will give you a fair shot. IOW, 'true' and 'real' stories usually do not have any serious inconsistencies, at least in my experience.

But if you plagiarize an experience from somewhere else, or post a graphic you claim was drawn yesterday, but a binary inspection shows the date to be 2006, then yes, people are going to want to jump on you.

If you find yourself getting worked up then here's one tip. Use the "Save Reply As Draft' button and then review the post the next day and see if you still want to post it.

It's sort of a 'self imposed time-out'.

At any rate, even if you are a strident skeptic, if you keep the comments pleasant and respectful and show patience, it shouldn't cause any harm. After all you're just inquiring further into something that the OP would be interested in discussing.

Myself, I like arguing with a certain passion, on both sides. But there's a difference between a controlled passion and posting in all caps and stomping your foot and just being repetitive. That, to me is not passion but ire.

Anyway, great discussion guys.

[edit on 29-8-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reality Hurts

reply to post by Reality Hurts

I never saw a u2u from you.

I'm sure you have access to member accounts, check my outbox.

Well I'm glad you're sure, but you're also wrong.
If it isn't important enough for you to re-send, I'll be happy toforget about it. I have PLENTY on my plate as it is...

Springer...

[edit on 8-29-2007 by Springer]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Well I'm glad you're sure, but you're also wrong.
If it isn't important enough for you to re-send, I'll be happy toforget about it. I have PLENTY on my plate as it is...

I find it mind boggling that site owners don't have administrative access to member accounts, but whatever
And no, its okay, at this point I won't bother. If I felt it would make a lick of difference, maybe, but ...nah
Too much going on today...

[edit on 29-8-2007 by Reality Hurts]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I find it mind boggling that site owners don't have administrative access to member accounts,

Seems odd. Especially considering any legal issues that may arise.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Odd yes, but I'm 99.99% positive it's true. I own/run my own forum elsewhere, and though I could change your password, name, avatar, rank, permissions and access to the site, I cannot read ANYBODYS inbox, outbox, sent or drafts in my forum.
Just send two next time. No biggie.

Cuhail

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Well, if points and stars are not sufficient incentive to be polite then I don't know what is. I've been paid an incredible courtesy. To further the conversation we repay a courtesy by acknowledging it with gratitude, usually a Thank You.

So, first I'd like to thank the members, mods and owners for bestowing upon me this prestigious honor. I'd also like to thank my parents, without whom I would not be here today. I would also like to thank Fred down at the feed store (he knows why) and lastly my barber for cutting my hair just right.

You are all beautiful people, thank you, thank you very much.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

I find it mind boggling that site owners don't have administrative access to member accounts,

Seems odd. Especially considering any legal issues that may arise.

I didn't say "we" don't have access, I said I don't have access, SkepticOverlord, being the "Tech Guy" of our partnership does have access. He's the only one who does, and solely for "legal issues" that may arise.

It's a major pain in the rear to dig through that huge data base to try to fine one specific U2U and he would never do it unless there was a legal need to.

Springer...

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

If you find yourself getting worked up then here's one tip. Use the "Save Reply As Draft' button and then review the post the next day and see if you still want to post it.

It's sort of a 'self imposed time-out'.

INDEED.

Also, On another favorite forum . . . in order to avoid being banned . . . I had to learn to avoid MOSTLY using

"You are . . . "

"Your . . . "

"You act like . . . "

Particularly where I then derided someone's person, personhood, identiy, mother's lack of saintliness etc.

And, actually, I didn't really wish to shred someone's personhood. I just wanted to emphasize that I thought their ideas were pathetic.

But there are more reasonable ways to say something in that ball park and still leave the person some self-respect . . . whether they deserve it, or not. LOL.

Thanks for your well reasoned post.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

cuhai my friend no worries about it dont feel shame its my fault for not offering good proof but i am glad you understand my reasoning for not just leaving it alone when people were not talking and i do love the positive response i got.....

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join