It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how can we do animals like this(meet your meat) vid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Google Video Link

i don't know if i imbedded it right so i will give a link too.
this is VERY disturbing....it shows how chickens/cattle etc are treated before they go to slaughter.

something else that makes me guilty for being a person....all the horrible crap we do....

this vid just might make me stop eating meat....

here is the link if that imbed don't work

video.google.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
yeah, as of right now, i am no longer a meat eater...
i will still eat fish but no other meats....as it is, most of the meat i have been eating has been giving me horrible migraines anyway..the more processed it is, the more sick i get.

anyone here a veggie? maybe you could toss me some links or something on how to get a good diet going with no meat?
that would be cool.

thanks all.
this video is disturbing but i am glad i watched it

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I hesitated to watch this.... but I felt compelled to do so. The old saying, "What you don't know, can't hurt you" kind of applies here, I think.
Iam disgusted, as a human being, that I can eat a hamburger for lunch, and then go snuggle with my cat. This is deplorable.Unfortunately, Iam hypoglycemic, and I need much more protein than the average person or my body goes into shock, coma, and death.I wish I could stop eating meat after this.
Excellent eye opener. I hope more members can stomach watching this.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I watched it, am still a meat eater.

SR

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by vckums
I watched it, am still a meat eater.

co-signed still am still will be.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Now if i was close to one of these places I would seriously contemplate getting a few dudes together and carrying out something of a similar nature with the people that carry out these inhumane acts on animals. I am utterly disgusted by what i have seen. I first only watched the first few minutes and closed it; but then i thought you know these animals have gone through so much that we cannot just turn a blind eye to what took place because we would rather not know. This should be shown on TVs all over the world and something done about it. I would personally be responsible for castrating those people that did it to the little piglets and the cattle.

I feel so strongly about this. I would personally like to take responsibility for breaking their bones and throwing them in boiling hot water and steam baths that their skin literally falls off. I would love to throw them of the back of cattle trucks and drag them around the farm yard - better still, around a tarred car lot - lift them up and throw them down and then whack them a few times on the head with a steel pipe just enough to let them know they have been hit and then when i am done, pull out a couple of their teeth with a plier.

I don't know if i made it clear about how i feel about this. I hope i haven't overstepped the boundaries but I just had to vent.

[edit on 23/8/2007 by shearder]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
shearder, the worst stuff was towards the end when they got to the pigs and cows.

this has been something that has been in my head for a bit. vids like this reenforce it...it's not just the absolute cruelty they perform but it is the fact that they are injecting these animals with antibiotics and steroids/hormones to bulk them up to yield more 'product'...sometimes they bulk up so fast they can't walk.
i don't want to be eating meat that was injected it's whole life, fed food that was sprayed with all kinds of crap.

just not something i am playing ball with anymore.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
i know i wont be able to watch it but im taking your word for it..i have seen other videos about how they treat the animals and it totally bums me out..

i dont eat meat anymore either just seafood. pescatarian if you will.

i have some links to veggie sites with yummy things to
make.

www.vegcooking.com...

allrecipes.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
i don't want to be eating meat that was injected it's whole life, fed food that was sprayed with all kinds of crap.

just not something i am playing ball with anymore.

The scary part is that we are ingesting all of these chemicals. We are eating these birds that have been raised in those conditions. I don't think this will ever get better because there will always be producers that put money/quantity over quality.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This video is why I always eat ONLY free range, non-altered meat. Keeping animals like that isn't only illegal, its also inhumane.

However I don't plan on running out and munching on vegetables. We evolved as omnivores and an omnivore I'll stay, thank you very much.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I've been eating less and less meat the past few years, always preferring seafood or veggie.

I think this vid just pushed me over the edge. I can't support the way those animals are treated anymore by buying the products their deaths create.

I can kinda understand hunting. The animals are free and get to experience life before they're hunted/killed. Though I'd like it if we could evolve past the desire to hunt as well.

I would bet that we already have the capability to create synthetic meat... but it won't go mainstream until it's cheap enough to compete with farmed meat.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78

something else that makes me guilty for being a person....all the horrible crap we do....

this vid just might make me stop eating meat....

Stop being such a pansy, relish in your human nature.

Muahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

join