It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NIST and Popular Mechanics Investigator Asks for an independent review!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Pal, i hear you on that man. My wife is from Peekskill NY just outside of the city and she is a PROUD New Yorker. She didn't lose any love ones in the attack but it really hits home for her and I try to avoid talking about it at home as much as possible.

However, enough is enough. 6 years and still no explanation with math backing it is too much.

I would be damn happy to find out I was wrong and there was no conspiracy, I swear. I'll wear a t-shirt that says "fat braying ass" for 6 years as restitution. and "captain obvious was right" on the back.

However, if I (we) are right, the wake up call will come too late if we dont fix it (the investigation) now.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
However, if I (we) are right, the wake up call will come too late if we dont fix it (the investigation) now.

you best be sitting for my next statement...but i agree with you 100%

i really do.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

JP ... .can I design the shirt?? I want my extra -large forehead on the shirt as well!!

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
pal, i hear that, too. my half brother is a quadriplegic in a wheelchair because he was shot through the spine in afghanistan, and now i can't even talk to that whole side of the family because i can't curb my tongue about the truth's that i know.
it was a misguided 'patriotic' fervor that made him decide to go. i tried to convince the whole family that there was a huge conspiracy being pulled off by globalist secret societies, but they wouldn't listen. maybe i should've taken off my tin beany first.

hindsight is 20/20. thanks for looking.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Thanks for commenting jprophet and billybob and isn't it odd that it's always the most important things that should be talked about but aren't? Yet, it's those kinds of things that end up manifesting themselves in other ways -- often times negative ways -- and that's why sometimes you have to nudge those who 'don't want to talk about it' to open up and talk about what's on their minds. It's a process and it's a painful process but in the long run it's well worth the effort.

Sorry about your brother billybob -- how tragic but at least he didn't come back in a box so I would imagine all of you are at least grateful for that -- I'm so sorry... it must be tough.. At any rate, just from your comments here I can tell that you're a good brother and I'm sure he's very grateful for that.

This 9/11 information has turned my life upside down over the past few days. It's confirmed my worst fears. I mean, I knew things were bad BUT NOT THIS BAD!

I'm even wondering if Bush is the anti-christ sometimes when I let my imagination get away with me and based on what I've been reading so far, I don't think I'm too far off. These people are EVIL. All I can say is Thank God for the Internet! They know their number's up soon... of this I am sure. There's no place for them to hide. If we can nail them down on what happened on that day maybe we'll also end up opening a whole pandora's box of gov't secrets including the names and whereabouts of those who are REALLY running the show... stay tuned folks! We're in for a hell of a ride!

[edit on 8-9-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

It is a huge relief, isn't it, to realise you are not the only one to recognise what is going on. It can be a tremendously isolating experience, but the internet has been a real gift not only in finding information but also finding that there are others grappling with the same truths as you and are also finding the earth beneath their feet shaking with each revelation.

I really thank you for your posts because the journey we are all on is a traumatic one through perilous times. But none of us needs to be alone in what we learn even if our own families can't hear the truth.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by billybob

Hearing about your brother is so very sad -- for him, the family, and for you. I'll pray for him.

You and I are in a similar boat. My niece in Texas went to Iraq and came back seriously injured and will never be the same beautiful girl she was.

Some of us are just given the role of Cassandra at the Fall of Troy.

But you know, taking off the tin foil beany wouldn't have helped -- based on my experience. I took off my great long tin foil mantilla, and I still couldn't get any family to listen.

[edit on 7/9/07 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Right you are Pell! I thought about that today in fact.... that what if I read a book about everything that I've learned over the past couple of days and then not have anybody to talk to about it. Sure, some of us are lucky to have family who are into having discussions on things like this but even so, it's great to able to talk to others outside of the family to get their views on things and that's what so great about the internet!

And it goes without saying that maybe Bush and Co. would have been able to get away with what happened on that day but because so many people are reading up on these alternative views on 9/11 on the net, there's no way they are going to be able to run from what they did -- I'm absolutely sure about this. I know there are a lot of people like me right now who are finally willing to look over this information -- enough time has passed where we are finally able to analyze this stuff without becoming physically ill by doing so. I'm sure as more time goes by, others will also come in from the fog and start reading up on things too. We needed time to heal but now's the time for us to educate ourselves on all of this and to inform others on our new-found knowledge. Bush and Company's day of reckoning has finally arrived only they will be the last ones to know about it.

-- sorry to hear about you neice -- will say a prayer for her and billybob's brother too.
Bush needs to be impeached.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Bush needs to be impeached.

Do you really want President Cheney? I don't. Sorry to hear of everyone's loved ones. I too will pray in my own way for them. I have "friends" who will not speak to me anymore because of 9/11. Go figure.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
You've got a point there -- I say we just storm the White House with torches and pitchforks and take it over ourselves -- anything to get those guys outta there!

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The discussion of the need for an independent investigation raises what I believe to be the core issue of this and all other topics that seem to draw conspiracy theorists.

In my opinion, when there is a cataclysmic event such as 9/11 or the JFK Assassination the govt seems to feel it essential to arrive at an official finding and then goes about building the case in support of that.

This has lead, in both events I listed, to inconsistencies and also gaping holes in the "official" stories. Which of course causes people to question the finding and ultimately becomes a cottage industry for those more interested in gaining prominence or money. Soon the honest, sincere quest for truth is hijacked by charlatans who rightly view those seeking truth as prime targets for anything that seems to disprove the official explanation.

This does not mean that, in either case, the govt was involved in allowing or even perpetrating the crime. It simply means that covering it's ass and avoiding panic on the part of the public is much more important to the govt than telling us or even learning, the truth.

In the case of 9/11, we now know that the govt knew that AQ was going to attack the US. The use of planes as weapons was identified as one possible method of choice. The Bush Administration's ineptitude and ideology caused them to underestimate the importance of such intelligence. In hindsight that seems impoosible to believe but remember that there are different threats identified from the intelligence agencies each day. I would guess that we could find hundreds of threats that never materialized. This one did.

So, once the attacks happened, two things became critical to the administration. One, they needed to appear to be on top of the investigation and had ID'd the perps beyond a reasonable doubt. Remember the trauma in the aftermath? Now imagine what would have happened had we thought that the govt had no idea who was responsible and that they could strike again the very next day!

Secondly, they needed a response against the perps to make us feel that the country was going to punish them and make another attack so risky that it would not likely occur. So, they needed the ID of the perp so that they could launch a military strike as soon as possible.

Given the intelligence in our possession prior to the attacks as well as information gathered immediately following, it could very well have been clear that AQ was responsible. You see, the rush to judgement does not preclude that we were 99% certain who committed the crime.

The problem with this approach is that, since the official explanation is based on, at best, a surface investigation, there will naturally be holes in it. This leads to the conspiracy theories and the, in my opinion, baseless claims that the govt was involved in the actual crime.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
interesting indeed.
first, it took them years of making an official ´investigation´, now they want ´our ´help.
seems that they just want to keep us busy....

nive try.

remember the dead.
the lies.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by anti72]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Billybob-

facts like a president who sits and reads an upside down kindergarten book while the country is under attack?

Here is a prime example............the photo in question was throughly debunked.

And you should really go back and review the picutres from ground zero before stating 'everything was turned to dust.

There was debris covering a full 16+acres and in most places, where the buildings fell, the debris was at least 5+ stories tall.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
The discussion of the need for an independent investigation raises what I believe to be the core issue of this and all other topics that seem to draw conspiracy theorists.

Most definitely! I agree with you, there needs to be an independent investigation because the last one was anything but that.

In my opinion, when there is a cataclysmic event such as 9/11 or the JFK Assassination the govt seems to feel it essential to arrive at an official finding and then goes about building the case in support of that..

With all due respect, 9/11 is in a class all it's own. I honestly don't think we can compare it to anything else that's ever happened in the history of the US. To compare 9/11 to the JFK Assassination is like comparing apples with coconuts -- big difference between the two and I'm shocked that you would even suggest that we make such comparisons. But if any comparisons should be made, that would be between 9/11 and Pearl Harbor. Odd that Tora Bora is a familiar name related to both of those events...

Also, the fact that Bush waited 140 days before he finally agreed to any investigation at all on 9/11 automatically raises red flags -- what are they hiding?? You look at any other so-called cataclysmic event over our nations history and you will see the implementation of a formal investigation almost immediately after they occurred. This was not the case with 9/11.

So you are saying that regardless that their official findings are correct or not, solong as they can support whatever those findings are - this makes it right? Well maybe the gov't got away with doing it like that in the past but once again we bring up the internet where millions of citizens now have information at their fingertips. We live in an entirely different world now because of this but it's clear that this administration is waaaaay out of step with the general public because they seem to have totally overlooked all of this where as a result of this, they are underestimating how informed the general public really is now. But that's good for us and I hope they continue in their ignorance of this as it's allowing us a glimpse of what's been going on all these years now but didn't know about due to lack of information. (sorry for the run on sentences... )

This has lead, in both events I listed, to inconsistencies and also gaping holes in the "official" stories. Which of course causes people to question the finding and ultimately becomes a cottage industry for those more interested in gaining prominence or money. Soon the honest, sincere quest for truth is hijacked by charlatans who rightly view those seeking truth as prime targets for anything that seems to disprove the official explanation.

One of the other things about those who surf the internet is that most of us know that we must use discernment in any information we see on it. And certainly, when it comes to 9/11, most of those who are searching for answers to questions about it are not going to go to conspiracy websites because most people do not take such sites seriously. But in the case of 9/11, concerning the information that's filling those information gaps, alternative viewpoints and not 'conspiracy theory' per se. Most educated and informed information seekers have opted for the middle road. We are not veering off into La, la land. We are dealing with an administration that does not believe in science. Those of us who want answers to what happen on 9/11 are more interested in the scientific approach to what happened that day and not fiction. The 9/11 Commission Report totally ignored this fact and hence, underestimated the intelligence of the general public... something this administration has been doing since the first day they came into office. Those scientists involved in the 9/11 are university prof's who have lost their jobs or come close to it, because of their support of the Unofficial 9/11 version of what happened that day... no crazy loons here... they are reputable and highly esteemed scientists...

This does not mean that, in either case, the govt was involved in allowing or even perpetrating the crime. It simply means that covering it's ass and avoiding panic on the part of the public is much more important to the govt than telling us or even learning, the truth.

Very Good! I'll give you a B+ on that one (but pts. taken off on the first sentence)

In the case of 9/11, we now know that the govt knew that AQ was going to attack the US. The use of planes as weapons was identified as one possible method of choice. The Bush Administration's ineptitude and ideology caused them to underestimate the importance of such intelligence. In hindsight that seems impossible to believe but remember that there are different threats identified from the intelligence agencies each day. I would guess that we could find hundreds of threats that never materialized. This one did.

Right, this is part of the 'Official' story. It sounds pretty good doesn't it? Afterall, we are all human beings and hence... we are all flawed. Everybody makes a mistake once in a while so in an attempt to drum up public empathy and sympathy they gave this spin to their 9/11 story but only because they knew the public would forgive them -- at least in time... but it's hogwash.

So, once the attacks happened, two things became critical to the administration. One, they needed to appear to be on top of the investigation and had ID'd the perps beyond a reasonable doubt. Remember the trauma in the aftermath? Now imagine what would have happened had we thought that the govt had no idea who was responsible and that they could strike again the very next day!

Lol... you must be from Kansas -- how's Todo btw?? You apparently are not even up to date on information about those hijackers -- information that began coming in to mainstream news even as to who they were and so on... many were somehow simultaneously on those planes and also living happily in Europe or the Middle East AT THE SAME TIME ON 9/11. Lol, go figure! There's a whole lot of information on those men who were identified in that hijacker list but would suggest you check out Time magazine and other mainstream publications for starters. We are talking about things like stolen identities also... a lot of information here but I can't do that research for you.... you need to do that yourself in order for you to formulate your own opinions on this.

Secondly, they needed a response against the perps to make us feel that the country was going to punish them and make another attack so risky that it would not likely occur. So, they needed the ID of the perp so that they could launch a military strike as soon as possible.

uh huh... so they drew out a bunch of names from a hat and called them the perps... granted that a few of them were but most were not. But of course, it's well documented that some kind of false flag event was cooking on the back stove somewhere just to give these guys and excuse to get Iraq's oil and build their pipelines.... in this regard 9/11 was not such a bad thing for them afterall... it will take us many many years to know just how much money this administration has pocketed from what happened on 9/11. They certainly did not go out of their way to get Norad to scramble those airliners did they? Even the Sec. of Transportation witnessed Cheney holding off on intercepting that airliner that was heading toward the Pentagon! If you don't believe me, ask him!

Given the intelligence in our possession prior to the attacks as well as information gathered immediately following, it could very well have been clear that AQ was responsible. You see, the rush to judgement does not preclude that we were 99% certain who committed the crime.

Now we're getting into some deep water here and I'm still on the fence about if AQ are the culpable ones in 9/11. I've always thought they were but at this point it does not matter... at least for now until we get more information.
All I want is an independent investigation of 9/11 for them to confirm scientists reports that explosives were used to bring down those buildings. For me it's one step at a time. We can't really move forward until we have those confirmations. Until then it's their word against the 9/11 Commission Report which so far has been ruled fatally flawed.

The problem with this approach is that, since the official explanation is based on, at best, a surface investigation, there will naturally be holes in it. This leads to the conspiracy theories and the, in my opinion, baseless claims that the govt was involved in the actual crime.

You just said that the gov't will go the easiest and fastest route to come up with their official findings just to appease the public to make them look like they're doing what they are supposed to be doing and that those findings will support a view with the least repercussions so as not to cause public hysteria. So is it any wonder why the public would do their own independent investigations due to the absurdities in the Official version of 9/11? And you call those hypotheses conspiracy theories? when in fact, it's the Official 9/11 story that's the biggest conspiracy of them all!!
I'm sorry but you are in wonderland and you need to follow Mr. Rabbit out of the rabbit hole and back to reality to do some real honest to God research on what really happened that day and report back here and let us know if you learned anything!

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
guys, I really have the strong feeling that this thing is another ´job´of the
govt.

why should we trust James Quintiere? he officially did work for NIST.

now he comes as a friendly´whistleblower´ or what? right now when it gets interesting ?
come on.
be careful.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Five stories tall? Thats great!! Now where did the other 105 stories go? Into dust with the consistency of flour, thats where!! And all from brief fires and gravity, right? sure, thats a great tale and one that will lull the sheepies off to sleepy land every time' except for the sheep that are awake and see what the real deal is.

As I read thru the last few pages here it is clear that it simply does not matter how much evidence one presents, or how massive the facts may be, and how many hundreds of ' anomalies ' are swirling around an event, there are those who for reasons that transcend logic and sound perceptive and analytical abilities believe that the Official Story must be true. It is classic morbid and chronic denial, and it is a psychological malady, of sorts, that affects the majority of the people to one degree or another.

Most of the people, perhaps 80 percent, can shake that denial off when presented with enough plain proofs and after realizing the odds involved in accepting a given story make it logical to form an opinion on a matter one way or another. BUT, there are those 20 some percent, curiously similar to the steady numbers of Bush supporters reported in polls, who will not alter their beliefs to accomodate the evidence, because to do so would shake the very core of their belief system and cause them great trauma .

To have to totally reestablish ones paradigms of reality and safety and comfort levels with exisitence, always a tenuous and varying element in any case, is just too much for some to bear, and their minds do a sort of justification dance to justify their refusal to accept plain and clear facts. Because the results of acceptance of shattering truths is often very traumatic and upsetting, most in denial will stop far short of actually examining the issues and facts closely; normally then instead resort to picking apart side issues and pointing out supposed discreapancies that have little or nothing to do with the material facts or the general validity of the issue.

For example, when you tell a Denier that not ONE of the four ' highjacked jets ', not one of EIGHT pilots in LOCKED cockpits, not ONE member of the flight crews on all FOUR jets, were able to activate the ' highjack ' alarm. It takes just a second, according to John Lear and other pilots. just a second to flip the switch..It would have taken HOW long to break down a cockpit door and drag two determined men from a cramped space ?? Not ONE pilot was able to flip the switch on any of the four planes? The FIRST reaction to any real trouble was the LAST thing on their minds in an emergency like that? The odds of that alone are beyond belief.

But yet a denier will say that some series of unlikley and unproven circumstances will allow for that fact to be disregarded as insignificant because it staggers the mind to accept the story, so they find many ways to avoid it. To believe that all highjackers successfully breached the cockpits so perfectly and so suddenly that not ONE pilot was able to flick a switch , and to believe that in ALL cases the pilots were overwhelmed by some force that was so fast that they were instantly incapacitated and hauled out of the cockpits without affecting flight controls and without a chance for ANY pilot to sound al alarm or radio an Mayday, is the height of classic denial.

Denial accounts for people accepting odds that no sound mind would ever accept as possible or LIKELY. When the ' anomalies ' start to add up into the HUNDREDS surrounding ONE event, and odds approaching infinity are common for acceptance of the deniers claims, then you know you are dealing with someone who CANNOT be convinced, no matter what. If a film of Cheney was shown that showed him plotting and discussing the whole event, irrefutable proof, the denier would say: " Oh, remember those guys that did the fake voice thing with a General? And also they can trick film so it is all a hoax and Cheney if just a misunderstood guy".

The denier demands that all evidence meet HIS standards and he insists of insane levels of guaranteeing veracity before they will accept anything as possible proof. Their standards deny anything that has not been totally vetted according to their beliefs. Even if you present proof of a thosand anomalies, they will insist that they mean nothing because individually they do not make an absolute case; that kind of logic is common with denial.

You can only convince the people who are willing to be convinced if enough valid evidence is given on an issue. The unwilling will never be convinced because they fear the consequences of that knowledge; they fear greatly the ramifications of what it all means..it is overwhelming to think about it to them..It means that we are at the mercy of very bad people and we are in trouble. For many people, acknowledging such truths would be too stressful and disruptive to deal with on a dailyu basis. If they got up every morning knowing that murderers are traitors are ' leading ' this nation and that we are all pretty much controlled by a benign and coercive system, they could not concentrate on work or anything else.

Therefore, it is ignored, or denied, or both!! Simple. Put it out of your mind, or when confronted by opposite beliefs, simply deny that the evidence is valid or that some other interpretation of the evidence is as valid as the apparent one!! It is is SURVIVAL mechanism, plain and simple. It allows the people who cannot handle the truth a way to cope with evidence and proofs that seem to threaten their safety valve when perceptions meet the wall of proof. If they cannot get over it, they go around it, and consider both approches valid.

No matter how many odds shattering anomalies one presents to a denier, they will all fall to the syndrome: Alternative theories presented that are far more unlikley than the apparent reality, calling into doubt matters settled already by the main body of evidence, pointing to side issues and nitpicking minor inconsequential matters and claiming great revelations, assigning erros where intent is obvious, and always reaching for the most incredibly astronomical odds when asserting their acceptance of the failed theory.

So realize that the people who remain in continued denial are not being stubborn, they are reacting according to their inherent make up and protecting themselves from a traumatic reappraisal of their reality & paradigms.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Billybob-

facts like a president who sits and reads an upside down kindergarten book while the country is under attack?

Here is a prime example............the photo in question was throughly debunked.

debunkers constantly claim to have debunked things 'thoroughly'. more often than not, that is just braggadocio. link me to this debunking(not that i doubt the picture was faked, i just have never seen this "thorough debunking".

Originally posted by ferretman2

And you should really go back and review the picutres from ground zero before stating 'everything was turned to dust.

There was debris covering a full 16+acres and in most places, where the buildings fell, the debris was at least 5+ stories tall.

here's what i actually said:

facts like the consistency of the thousands of tons of ultrafine dust? (ie. concrete, iron, cellulose, skin, gypsum, asbestos, etc...., or in other words, EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING in the towers was turned into dust particles less than 60 microns across within seconds)

i didn't mean 100% of the towers. that would be over a million tons. i meant that the thtousands of tons of dust was not just made up of gypsum, which is easily friable, but cellulose(paper and wood), skin, metals, plastic, concrete and EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING that was in the towers was in the DUST. not "everything" = the entire contents and superstructure, but "everything" = all TYPES of materials that were in the tower.

i had a pretty big list of facts, and you chose the most irrelevent one(upside down book) to try and discredit the whole list.

regarding the happy goat, though, even without the upside down book, the secret service and the president sat around like deers in the headlights while the worst attack on american soil took place. "not wanting to scare the children" is the LAMEST excuse in the world. he should have been whisked away to safety and communications as soon as the second plane hit, and probably sooner, as they knew at that point that they had more hijacked planes.
and i never even mentioned the FACT that bush claimed TWICE that he saw the first plane hit on television before he went into the class, when that hit was not shown until that evening.

i personally don't believe habitual liars.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by billybob]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
NIST and PM are not be the best choice for INDEPENDENT investigations.

www.prisonplanet.com...

´´Popular Mechanics has re-entered the media circus in an attempt to continue its 9/11 debunking campaign that began in March of last year. A new book claims to expose the myths of the 9/11 truth movement, yet it is Popular Mechanics who have been exposed as promulgating falsehoods while engaging in nepotism, shoddy research and agenda-driven politics.

It comes as no surprise that Popular Mechanics is owned by Hearst Corporation. As fictionalized in Orson Welles' acclaimed film Citizen Kane, William Randolph Hearst wrote the book on cronyism and yellow journalism and Popular Mechanics hasn't bucked that tradition.

The magazine is a cheerleader for the sophistication of advanced weaponry and new technology used by police in areas such as crowd control and 'anti-terror' operation. A hefty chunk of its advertising revenue relies on the military and defense contractors. Since the invasions of Afghanistan, Iraq and in the future Iran all cite 9/11 as a pretext, what motivation does the magazine have to conduct a balanced investigation and risk upsetting its most coveted clientele?

Popular Mechanics' March 2005 front cover story was entitled 'Debunking 9/11 Lies' and has since become the bellwether reference point for all proponents of the official 9/11 fairytale.

Following the publication of the article and its exaltation by the mainstream media as the final nail in the coffin for 9/11 conspiracy theories, it was revealed that senior researcher on the piece Benjamin Chertoff is the cousin of Michael Chertoff, Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security.

This means that Benjamin Chertoff was hired to write an article that would receive nationwide attention, about the veracity of the government's explanation of an event that led directly to the creation of Homeland Security, a body that his own cousin now heads.

This is unparalleled nepotism and completely dissolves the credibility of the article before one has even turned the first page.´´

remember,THIS IS A BIG GAME. BIGGER THAN JFK..

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Wow! That's one whopper of an essay you've written here Eyewitness! I'm a few lifetimes away from ever being able to write anything even close to what you've said here in terms of its logical train of thought and its overall persuasiveness to win one over to your point of view on these issues... you've managed to cover several of them very effectively -- what a wonderful and inspiring read!

Everything you say is absolutely true. It's so much easier for people to just ignore, in this case 9/11 alternative views, because it's just too darn hard for most of us to live with it. And it's also very true that when people are first confronted with this information, they find themselves overwhelmed with it to such an extent that it's all they think about for days on end. To find out that our suspicions were correct all along and that there's even ample proof and evidence to support those suspicions is just too much to wrap our heads around without having to go through a period of adjustment.

I compare this experience to what it must have been like for the Jews in Germany during WW2 when so many of them absolutely refused to believe those concentration camp rumors and stayed put where they were while making fun of those who were moving out of the country to escape what turned out to be the Jewish Holocaust.

So if we are to learn anything from that period of history, we need to remind ourselves that history has a tendency to repeat itself in one way or another and this is what scares me because for all practical purposes, it sounds like we're living in a fascist state and have been for quite some time now. And is it any wonder why so many good Germans blindly followed Hitler, totally oblivious to what what going on behind the scenes... this whole scenario... a repeating of history that's been repackaged but is just a disguise for the same old thing... EVIL. I know that sounds simplistic but this is what it is; plain and simple.

My only hope is that it's not too late to intervene and change things for the better but already it sounds like things have gone too far.
Thanks for sharing!

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea

Everything you say is absolutely true. It's so much easier for people to just ignore, in this case 9/11 alternative views, because it's just too darn hard for most of us to live with it. And it's also very true that when people are first confronted with this information, they find themselves overwhelmed with it to such an extent that it's all they think about for days on end.

And then some people, actually grounded in reality, learn of the alternative explanations, read about them, and come to the conclusion, that the official story, while having inconsistencies, still makes the most intellectual sense.

That is likely beyond your ability to comprehend but true nonetheless. Not all who dont believe that explosives were planted in the WTC towers, or in holographic planes is blind or unaware.

Sometimes a banana is just a banana.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join