It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is an alien human war what we need?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I think they only way every government and person on earth would unite into one organizeation is if we faced a threat that wasnt of this world and needed everyone to band together for the good of earth.

Disclosure would happen very easily and all the governments would have to stop lying and keeping secrets in order for there own survival to.

The only way we are gonna stop fighting eachother is if we are givin a target we can all shoot at as brothers.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Yeah, ok. "Something to shoot at?" Well done, you've just demonstrated the complete ignorance I expect from people these days. You know what, I hope you're right, I hope there are aliens and they come out and we start shooting. Then I hope they chuckle, and blow this entire planet from the face of the universe, killing us off in the same pathetic state that this world has been from day 0.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
There will be no "Alien + Earth War" ever, never ever, ever never.

We are the species that does not fit on this planet. Where do you think we came from?

If, and a big IF they wanted anything on this planet, they would have taken in before we were even here, well, because we are destroyers. Animal, mineral, vegitable, we kill it all in our path.

So, in short, you can now sleep well at night, knowing that it will be your fellow brothers trying to kill you, and not Aliens.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Haven't you heard of the supposed "staged alien invasion"? That is it's purpose, to stage an alien invasion so we can unite against a world threat. It will be an attempt to create a one world government, IF it happens, and that's a big if. I agree with you that a world threat is the only way to settle our petty differences and stop blowing each other up.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidKid
I think they only way every government and person on earth would unite into one organizeation is if we faced a threat that wasnt of this world and needed everyone to band together for the good of earth.

Disclosure would happen very easily and all the governments would have to stop lying and keeping secrets in order for there own survival to.

The only way we are gonna stop fighting eachother is if we are givin a target we can all shoot at as brothers.

Yeah we would unite, but only cos we have to! Oh and in the meantime we would be more than likely getting destroyed by an alien race. So yeah, thats just what we need.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It is not a new idea(Alien/Human war as unifying factor)...
Ronald Raegan mentioned it
The "false flag" threads on this board mentioned it
MacArthur mentioned it

Didn't one of the fathers of nuclear bomb warn..this idea would be a used as disguise to mislead the public... tread carefully.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
if so think after the war all the technology left of downed ships etc the gready people out there will be running and countries will argue and fight for power and people who say aliens are so tuff i think we could take them

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Is an alien human war what we need?

Sure!

Because everyone knows that millions of people being butchered can only be a good thing

Use your head please.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidKid

There would never be a war. The "aliens" would just send a few viruses down that kill humans. No battle or war is even needed.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
You mean like Independence Day? The entertaining yet horribly flawed movie that tried to preach a message of unity to the entire world yet was horribly jingoist also?

Well, regardless, as mentioned earlier in various forms, even if we united, an alien species that has the technology to reach earth I'd imagine could do short work of us without even putting troops on the ground (again, like Independence Day.) Heck, they could probably destroy us from orbit.

And in reality, we probably won't be having two guys fly up to the mother ship in a captured alien fighter to put a virus in it with an Apple Macintosh.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3_Libras
Yeah, ok. "Something to shoot at?" Well done, you've just demonstrated the complete ignorance I expect from people these days. You know what, I hope you're right, I hope there are aliens and they come out and we start shooting. Then I hope they chuckle, and blow this entire planet from the face of the universe, killing us off in the same pathetic state that this world has been from day 0.

You seem to be the ignorant one, friend. I'm not condoning war or the slaughter of anyone. I think what the OP was trying to say here that one of the only ways to unite EVERYONE would be to have a common enemy.

Was is Sun Tzu that said "My enemy's enemy is my ally."

I think you were just eager to pounce on this one when you saw the word "war", and didn't think about what the OP was trying to say.

[edit on 22-8-2007 by bigbert81]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
There was a scene in War of the Worlds where Tim Robbins is talking to Tom Cruise about this being at war with the tripods. Robbins says, "This is no more a war than of man and maggots....this is an extermination!"

Having heart, bravery, ability to persevere and other virtues will get you only so far. Although you'd hope to make a dent, we'd probably amount to moving targets.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Allow me to tell you how an alien vs human war would happen (which it won't, there would only be a government hoaxing an alien threat).

*humans start war with aliens*

*aliens use random ultra hi-tech weapon to reduce our planet to nothing*

*war ends*

If they wanted us gone we would be gone by now. End of story.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
well that would be a pretty hopeless war, shooting at alien saucers probably would not do much good and with their technology they could easily wipe us out, i believe that they use us or watch us for some strange reason, and i dont necessarily believe they are from other planets, i do believe they could be fallen angels
but it is possible that our controllers will lie to us about it so that we do band together and drop all of our freedoms, and then become slaves to our masters unknowingly, therfore setting out the perfect stage for the antichrist to come strolling along

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Everyone else seems to focus on the logistics of the war, but ill take this sentence on.

Do you really believe that a war with aliens would stop world governments and agencies from lying? I sure dont. They would simply say, "ya, we knew aliens existed. There they are, hop to it." The killing would start, and if we won, the cycle of lies would continue. Secrecy keeps power bases in power.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf

Everyone else seems to focus on the logistics of the war, but ill take this sentence on.

Do you really believe that a war with aliens would stop world governments and agencies from lying? I sure dont. They would simply say, "ya, we knew aliens existed. There they are, hop to it." The killing would start, and if we won, the cycle of lies would continue. Secrecy keeps power bases in power.

Yeah, and if, and thats a big if, we managed to defeat these hypothetical alien invaders, we probably won't stay united for too long after.

Sigh...it'll just go on...

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Yeah, and if, and thats a big if, we managed to defeat these hypothetical alien invaders, we probably won't stay united for too long after.

Sigh...it'll just go on...

Considering our planet would probably be decimated, im sure whats left of the human race would faction off and fight for living space and consumable resources. We'd probably end up scorching the rest of the planet in the ensuing battles. The way I see it, going into a war with aliens with our current paradigm, we will leave the same way we went in, a stupid ape that learned to walk on two legs and fling rocks instead of feces.

[edit on 22-8-2007 by InSpiteOf]

[edit on 22-8-2007 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Sure we'd stop fighting each other for a while, then when the alien threat is gone we'll get back at each others throats again.

Humanity needs to be weaned from the constant desire to have an enemy. It's like instead of rising above, people push each other down to feel "bigger".

It's a primitive animal instinct... a "pecking order" of sorts. As we (humanity as a whole) shed our instincts and replace them with logic and compassion, things will get better.

I really don't think a real or concocted alien invasion will help us in the long run.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It seems to me that no one has much faith in us as humans, we tend to improvise, adapt, and overcome very well. Maybe, they are more advanced than us, but its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog. I say if they want peace we'll give them peace, but if they want war, well come get some and I hope that flying machine of theirs is air-conditioned because I know I will give them HELL.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3_Libras

3_Libras this is ATS, your gonna see thousands of posts- take it in stride and be nice. I saw your other posts as well- I would say your on the fine line here that is if your not already. Everyone has to follow the ATS T&C rules here and your no exception.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join