It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isolationism Is America's Answer

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Good post! I completely agree with becoming an isolationist nation... I think it should be more like 20 years though! We need to fly under the radar for a while before we REALLY turn into the bad guy!

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

apology accepted. we're all flawed here.

all is forgiven, on with the discussion.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Here is a perfect example of what irks me about illegal immigration. They don't come over here because they "respect" the U.S.. They come over here for the sole purpose of taking advantage of what we have developed oiurself here.
Once that is "taken away," they want to pack up and leave.

Illegal immigrants moving out

Illegal immigrants living in states and cities that have adopted strict immigration policies are packing up and moving back to their home countries or to neighboring states.
The exodus has been fueled by a wave of laws targeting illegal immigrants in Oklahoma, Arizona, Colorado, Georgia and elsewhere. Many were passed after congressional efforts to overhaul the immigration system collapsed in June.

Immigrants say the laws have raised fears of workplace raids and deportation.

Source

The reason I bring this up is because so many argue from the precipice that illegals "love" and "respect" the U.S. That's just not the case.
-

[edit on 26-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Well if I was an illegal alien that feared returning to my Point of Origin because of death threats Id run before the INS found me.

My point, everyone has a different story, not all illegals cross the border for some selfish reason.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by InSpiteOf

You're good and very well informed...
To answer you question of how do Americans going to war promote NWO?
Well as you and I know, the international bankers have control above the government for the Federal Reserve (being as "Federal" as federal express) lands money to the government along with interest which is covered by the money the government steals in form of "taxes". The best way for bankers to make money is to do what Britain did to early Americans before the revolution war which was to tax... the income tax is no different than the TEA TAX and such... basically stealing our money by taxing us to go straight into the pockets of bankers such as the Roothschilds, Rockerfellers, etc... blah blah and the higher way they benefit is thru war... War forces countries to borrow more money and make bankers richer... this is why modern wars exist my Canadian friend and dont be naive the USA is motivated purely by money and not the people's values and morals (not even their own...) For me to get to the point I have to touch on various conspiracy FACTS that you may disagree with for it may be contrary to what you perceive to be true...

Just like the planned out WW1 and WW2 the USA's excuses for entering it were the sinking of the German ship Lis---- (forgot the name) and the "SURPRISE" attack of Pearl Harbor which "poor, handicap, good" president Rosevelt was "not aware of". 9/11 was basically planned by the Elite and government blew up the towers same way Hitler destroyed his country's own buildings to blame it on communist terrorists. Following 9/11 the media causing fear of TERRORISM in people and basically the people are giving free reign to the elite to enslave them. HOW? with several laws passed recently and many rights removed and the wars on Afghanistan and Iraq (to enrich the bankers) with the excuse to look for an enemy that is not there with the goal to build huge bases in Middle East to tame the surrounding countries and then kick Chavez in the nuts and take on Venezuela... Basically the Elite will have more control over the world ECONOMICALLY and the same bankers who have control over USA has control over China, India, and Brazil (THE FASTEST GROWING COUNTRIES ECONOMICALLY) as we speak. As the economic control approaches comes also the introduction of VERIchips (that's the name? correct me if I am wrong Canada... no sarcasm intended) to "give the public a sense of safety against these bloodthirsty terrorists" which in fact is a way to replace the form of economy from paper form to electronic form forever... The Chip is basically your whole ID, credit card, bank account your whole life inside your skin in a chip... Whoever protests the agendas of international bankers who control governments will have their chip turned off and despite what you believe or what you intelligence and vast knowledge states, it is the truth... You can prove me wrong with your vast pool of info but the fact remains that this is the path we are headed... Wars lead to NWO eventually. Me and you become slaves under the system we will be opposed to and the whole world will revolve around these chips... now I am very curious to see what your response is to this because I believe you think I am crazy but I respect whatever your response may be... Cuba is not isolated from world issues? Please tell me how... Free Trade? Americans create monopolies in other countries via multinationals am I wrong? I traveled the world also and I continue to assume most people I come across are ignorant about cultures, races, religions, themselves in relation to the universe and in general misinformed about the world. (NOT YOU THO) and many people cant even find Madagascar in a map! All responses welcomed and if I am wrong then I will openly adimit it. Did I spell that wrong?

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Du Mu
You're good and very well informed...

Thanks

To answer you question of how do Americans going to war promote NWO?
Well as you and I know, the international bankers have control above the government for the Federal Reserve (being as "Federal" as federal express) lands money to the government along with interest which is covered by the money the government steals in form of "taxes".

Funding big banking cartels does indeed pose a serious risk to the stability of our globe, but it hardly unifies country and government, both nationally and internationally.

Big business and banks profit from war, there is no question in that. What I do question is the motivation. You believe its to further the NWO, I believe its to further the profit margins and the potential for profit.

The issue I have with mainstream NWO theory is that, historically speaking, when you unify any population, you've created common cause between one man and another. That is a scary thing if you sit in a position of oppulance and power. One mans voice may be ignored, but when the voice becomes a chorus (which is only a matter of time when you unite people) you cant sit idly by and pretend its not there...

Bah a little bit of a ramble but my point is, the world powers want us divided at all times, uniting the world under a one world government/religion/whatever would do the opposite of that.

The best way for bankers to make money is to do what Britain did to early Americans before the revolution war which was to tax...

Thats arguable, if no one was taxed (or if tax rates were small) it stands to reason that personal spending would increase. As personal spending increases, so does the economy, as the economy strengthens, so does the value of a currency, and thus, the value of the holdings of the international bankers and the likes. But this is neither here nor there.

War forces countries to borrow more money and make bankers richer...

This may be true, but I would argue that the reconstruction AFTER the war is more costly and forces more countries into debt cycles.

this is why modern wars exist my Canadian friend and dont be naive the USA is motivated purely by money and not the people's values and morals (not even their own...)

While your point is valid, it is reductionist. Reducing warfare causes to purely debt based economics is only looking at one aspect of it.

Many of the battles fought during the Cold War (in countries in Latin America for instance) were not only fought for the overall economic benefit, they were fought for the overall ideological benefit. Capitalism is a jealous system, it will not rest until all corners of the world resemble itself. (I believe this is a paraphrase of one of Engels remarks.)

This remains true to this day, despite the fact that Capitalism won the ideological war during the 60's-90's

For me to get to the point I have to touch on various conspiracy FACTS that you may disagree with for it may be contrary to what you perceive to be true...

Conspiracies are rarely fact, if they were, they wouldn't be conspiracies

9/11 was basically planned by the Elite and government blew up the towers same way Hitler destroyed his country's own buildings to blame it on communist terrorists.

Just wanted to chime in, while I do believe the outcome (total warfare, WWII) was foreseeable I do not think every inch of it was planned by some shadowed group of mystery men.
Secondly, I believe that the US government had advanced warnings of what was about to happen on 9/11, but I have my doubts about the overall theory that the US government actually took the towers down. To me, it seems more plausible that the government knew what was coming, and choose to do nothing.

Following 9/11 the media causing fear of TERRORISM in people and basically the people are giving free reign to the elite to enslave them. HOW?

Your talking about bogeyman propaganda tactics.

with several laws passed recently and many rights removed and the wars on Afghanistan and Iraq (to enrich the bankers) with the excuse to look for an enemy that is not there with the goal to build huge bases in Middle East to tame the surrounding countries and then kick Chavez in the nuts and take on Venezuela...

Well you rolled a lot of things into one...I do not believe many of them are seperate issues (much like you) but I do disagree with your timing.

I do not believe Venezuela was a prime target from the get-go. Iraq has been a trouble spot for the US administration (doesnt matter which one) beucase of its moderately revolutionary path. It would not play ball with the Oil cartel on the price of Oil, it would not play ball with the likes of the IMF and World Bank who called for harsh austerity programs to pay of its debt. It did however, raise the standard of living to the highest of any middle eastern country (pre Gulf War I) (this is not to say Saddam was a good guy, far from it. but these are small tidbits of info that are rarely talked about)

Basically the Elite will have more control over the world ECONOMICALLY and the same bankers who have control over USA has control over China, India, and Brazil (THE FASTEST GROWING COUNTRIES ECONOMICALLY) as we speak.

We are of the same opinion here. Its called Economic Imperialism, or Neo-Imperialism. Its Imperialism without the colonies: All the economic benefits, none of the cost.

As the economic control approaches comes also the introduction of VERIchips (that's the name? correct me if I am wrong Canada... no sarcasm intended) to "give the public a sense of safety against these bloodthirsty terrorists"

There are a number of RFID tags in the works.

Whoever protests the agendas of international bankers who control governments will have their chip turned off and despite what you believe or what you intelligence and vast knowledge states, it is the truth...

Well, it is a little more difficult than just jamming the chip into people. There will be unrest, there will be protest, there will be riots. People are not as accepting as you think. While many people do follow the party line, many more people have historical memories of serious social struggles, and will not go down without a fight. Besides that, you would need to implement this on a global scale, its hard to tag 6 billion people.

You can prove me wrong with your vast pool of info but the fact remains that this is the path we are headed...

A bit contradictory, don't you think, also a bit aggressive.

Wars lead to NWO eventually. Me and you become slaves under the system we will be opposed to and the whole world will revolve around these chips...

I think it revolves around social oppression more than these chips, the chips are just one tool in the box.

now I am very curious to see what your response is to this because I believe you think I am crazy but I respect whatever your response may be...

I dont think your crazy, we just have a difference of opinion.

Cuba is not isolated from world issues? Please tell me how...

Cuba enjoys trade and relationships with many nations, the US is the only one that has launched an all out embargo on Cuba (and even baseball scouts surpass that) This is an issue you need to do some reading on. For instance, Cuba is the number 1 vacation destination for most Canadians. Its cheap, fun, and flexible. If Cuba was isolated, no one would be allowed in, there would be no trade.

Free Trade? Americans create monopolies in other countries via multinationals am I wrong?

Only the part about Americans creating the monopolies. Most Americans are just as much a victim of the system as we all are.

But Free and Fair Trade can and does exist, its just not marked by the major routs of international trade.

What it boils down to is a very large and very old Class War. Who's on top and skims the cream vs who's on the bottom milking the cow for 3 cents an hour. But there is something you need to remember, when the abuses of the over privileged become too much for the people, the people do fight back, and usually win.

Whatever freedoms exist in the US are the result of social agitation. Not too many people on this site (if any) have a critical view of the constitution, the framers and the fore fathers. But the fact is, if it wasn't for the people of the United States agitating for the 8 hour work day, child labour laws, occupational safety, and health care, such systems would not exist, and the US would be as despotic as the next country. Make no mistake, the elite give nothing to people the don't have to.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I can't keep up with this Thread, but one thing I could assure you is that if America become Isolated from the rest of the world we will be defeated by our own Isolation. Almost every country that have gone Isloated, one form or another have came out as a looser

Let America keep an open affair with the rest of the world and the same time we have an advantage of knowing what the rest the world is doing.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by newkid
. Almost every country that have gone Isloated, one form or another have came out as a looser

I don't know. It seems that China has done and is doing quite well for themselves.

[edit on 31-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I don't know. It seems that China has done and is doing quite well for themselves.

[edit on 31-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

how can you say that, China is not 100% isolated, there trade route is open, tourism is partial open, other then that everthing is close, is that what you want, for the goverment tell you that you can't go out, Like china and Cuba and N korea.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Well, obviously their form of government is not desireable, at least not to me. However, technologically, they are just as advanced, perhaps more so than many nations, as other nations are. Despite what some may have told you, NewKid, China is not some third world, impoverished nation.

At one point in thier history, they were very much an isolationist state. They are not really far from it now. How often do you hear of them mingling in th eaffairs of the world? Not very often. When they do, everyone damn well takes notice.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
well you right about American being in everybody affair, China don't get involved in the rest of the world affairs, but when they do, its usually when another comunist country are involved, of course China don't care if Mexico or Canada get invaded, but if Cuba or N. Korea now we are pushing the wrong numbers, China will take side and its not ours.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

they aren't isolationist. they regularly participate in diplomacy with other nations and trade with other nations. they regularly involve themselves in global affairs as well as having a veto seat on the UN security council....

yeah. example fails.

show me a successful, modern isolationist state.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I see this thread is about the idea of isolationism. And I couldn't help but think about this concept myself after a few days.

What if America did decide to isolate itself trade wise with the rest of the word?

What would we gain and what could we lose? And what would be the stepping stones along the way?

It got me thinking that if America did in fact isolate itself from the rest of the planet would it create jobs? Would it reinvigorate American industry? Could it bring the value of a dollar back to where it was in 1870?

Would there be any backlash from dependant nations? Would there be another war?

Or could it create a form of peace among other countries?

Right now we have Americans who have given up.

I am not talking just about jobs. But the over all idea that America used to be. America meant to many that they could create something, and capitalize on that idea without intervention. They could do something else instead of being stupid k doing the same thing for the rest of their life. They were able to move freely across the land without needing special requests to be filed.

The idea of America has since faded.

With NGOs making it seem like the world is a hostile place to live, to the banksters in the stock market wanting more and more.

Have we really become a different nation?

Have we created anything unique in a country? Or have we succumbed to represent creating the same thing over and over and over again?

Is it the fault criminals? Or is it the fault of our idealistic principles that lead us to now?

I have heard, and I have seen enough. I no longer believe the very basic principle of the American revolution has become nothing more than a copy and paste of any one nation that has come together.

Was it a mistake to create America only to see it become what it has revered for so long?

Maybe we do need some time alone. Maybe we should separate ourselves for at least a good 10 to 20 years. Maybe it could reinvigorate America.

I actually looked at all of the trade deals and all of the bills that have been trying to get passed. And it seems like everyone wants to encourage the disconnection of America with the rest of the world.

If we accept the TPP and the PIPA, or the ACTA. It will turn us off from the globe. But I am starting to think that it might be something we actually need.

We need to make it so that if you want to live, and sell things in America, it should be made here. Other countries should do the same.

Shut out for a while. And anyone who does anything irrational should be jailed.

I would actually accept and vote yes on isolationism if it meant we could increase the value of our currency where it needs to be, instead of where we want it to be.

Maybe farmers could stop using gmos if they hired more field workers. Go back to the old age of doing farming so we can all have something to do instead of trying to create something to "automatically " take care of something. Because to me gmos are the reason behind our mutations in human genes.

I really think we need to turn off for a while and come back a few years down the line.

And it got me thinking. If we stop trading, or trying to make an extra profit by taking advantage of other people in other countries, it just might heal us.

Sure at first we would have a panick from everyone who isn't educated. But eventually you would see Americans suddenly start to shift in a new direction. One that would have them creating, and innovating a better society with the fruits of their labor. Instead of sitting in their rooms after work every day thinking what they are doing makes absolutely no difference in their life.

And at the same time those who are reserving themselves for the right moment will finally Bloom this country in a new light.

The reason why I say this is because our current trade deals seem to be making it impossible for anyone to do anything. The way things are going is making it more and more attractive to isolate and conquer. It is happening everywhere. Not just in the rap music scene but everywhere. At the rate this continues to move I see it being very costly just to walk out of your front door. Somehow some way someone will figure out how to charge you money just to leave your front door. If you don't think this is true just look at what has been occurring on the internet. You might not be able to see it but we have gotten past the point of competing businesses locking up ideas behind patents and have gone to trademarks.

I only see it getting worse.

So I want to know what would happen if we did do this. I don't want to hear your counter argument I actually want you to list out, research, and come up with data to see what would happen if we do cut our lines. Don't be dumb. Don't just say it will cause total war because I know it won't happen. That is a lazy answer. I want to know what would end and where shifts would be made if trade with other countries became banned for 20 years. As in no ships are set, or sailed. All trade is cut off. Nothing coming in, nothing going out except tourists.

How many displaced workers would there be? What jobs would have to be created to sustain our current models versus a new model that could be created?

What would we need to produce to keep us happy? What could we do with designs? How many people would we need to live simple lives? Could we still make advances on our current technology? And above all could we get the value of a dollar back to its full amount instead of being about half?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

Well, the current global opinion on the matter is that a nation couldn't practice isolationism and still be of any consequence. My main question is how much consequence does the U.S want to retain? The U.S' track record in regards to its consequence hasn't particularly been stellar.
I think there's much to be said for those who would rather take a step back and develop a hands off policy on a great many of the global issues right now. Instead, we elect to get involved in every little detail of every little thing, destabilize not only whole countries, but whole regions as the Middle East is a fine indicator of.
People say, "Whoa, whoa, whoa, Saddam Hussein and Omar Kaddaffi were 'madmen' who had to be stopped." Maybe they were. However, you can say anything you'd like about them, one thing is undeniable is that when they were in power, they didn't allow religious ferocity to rise in their nation to the point to where it destabilized a whole region. They just didn't tolerate it. Lo and behold, U.S goes in and has both removed now what do we have?
edit on 11-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join