It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slamming George Bush is getting real old, real fast.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I'm honestly really sick of seeing entertainers slamming George Bush. It's almost like everyone just jumped on the bandwagon and now hating the president is "cool".

If anyone used some common sense they would realize that George Bush is not the root of Americas problems inside and outside the U.S. The guy can barely finish a sentence if it isn't written for him. Do you honestly believe that HE is the one who planned these wars? He says what he is told to say, its blatantly obvious when you listen to his scripted speeches as opposed to his press conferences.

Is anyone else sick of hating the president now being the "in thing"?

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Not just that, but its coming from people who a few years ago I imagine wouldn't have had the balls to touch the subject, pathetic really. And whats happened to those that criticized him from the get go? They go unnoticed ofcourse. They were villains a few years ago, now they're just part of the mainstream, waiting, until they are lambasted for another event in the future where they take a stand

[edit on 22-8-2007 by 3_Libras]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Well George Bush is the leader, so any decisions people automatically think
it was him. He probably makes no decisions, he just enforces them. That is
why I think people hate on Bush. He is the body so people see him, the people
do not see the brain behind the operations.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Well perhaps they aren't pissed that he's causing all the wrong, but that he has diluted the respect that hard working americans have in the presidency of the United States. He has proven that even the president can't save us from himself or those trying to puppeteer him. It is just a horrible reality to be faced with in these trying times.

I will apologize for them, but to think they don't have an arguement would be inconsiderate.

AAC

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Hikix, I somewhat agree. While I don't think George is "dumb," or whatever, but I do believe that his presidency has been hi-jacked and there is really nothing he can do about it.

Look, most people would stutter and stammer if they are trying to make excuses for decisions that he/she didn't even really make. Bush is no different.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Have you read the history of the Bush family? Do you know anything about the life and times of gw bush? Have you ever seen the bush quoates that are available? Have you seen what he has allowed to happen to our country our economy since he came into power? Have you ever had your vote denied or refused to be counted? Were you standing in line at the new Orleans colliseum waiting to enter hell on earth? Have you ever watched as a president took un controlled unlimited power without congressional consent? Have you in your life time ever witnessed a president gain so much vast wealth and endulged so much as bush? Have you ever seen so many friends of the president placed in the highest positions in the country just because they were being paid back for the favors done in Texas to support the presidents agenda? Now lets talk about the vice president, halliburton and his innocence too. Wake up and stop living in fear of going against this insane ruler.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
A

Originally posted by hikix
I'm honestly really sick of seeing entertainers slamming George Bush. It's almost like everyone just jumped on the bandwagon and now hating the president is "cool".

B

If anyone used some common sense they would realize that George Bush is not the root of Americas problems inside and outside the U.S. The guy can barely finish a sentence if it isn't written for him. Do you honestly believe that HE is the one who planned these wars? He says what he is told to say, its blatantly obvious when you listen to his scripted speeches as opposed to his press conferences.

Paragraph A and paragraph B are of two completely different "worlds."
Paragraph A is of the view point of the mainstream. Paragraph B is the view point of a conspiracy theorist (or what-have-you). In the mainstream the leader is 100% responsible for what happens under him. You may find like minded people here on ATS, but "out there" people will go after the leader. That's the one they elected, not a theoretical one.

Is anyone else sick of hating the president now being the "in thing"?

Hating the President is always the in thing. Rent some old episodes of SNL. Roasting leaders is nothing new or trendy.
You live in a free country where you can say anything you want about your leaders without being imprisoned and executed. That should be celebrated.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
AWWWW..... poor baby don't like it people hate the president. ROTFLMAS!!!

Never heard anyone whine like that over the right wing trashing of Clinton in the 90's and still do today. At the very least bush has earned it. His policies have seriously harmed this country and as the years pass it will only become more obvious than it is now. Clinton was just horny.

Perhaps you should read the late Molly Ivins books "Shrub" and "Bushwhacked" to get an idea what his policies did to Texas and how they affect the average person.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Clinton was just horny.

does the word "Kosovo" mean anything to you? THAT was Clinton's response to "being horny"...lets divert attention from my behavior by sending our troops to Kosovo. You wanna talk about our military being somewhere we didn't belong, we could start a whole new bulletin board for that one.

and to answer the OP's question, yeah...I think it's getting real old. Bush may not have made all the right decisions, but that guy has gone through probably the toughest 2 terms in our presidential history. 9/11 and Katrina, both of which were unprecidented...How do you prepare for something that's never happened before? I think the guy has done his best, and that his best just isn't good enough for the public. The problem is that we'll never know how someone else would have handled these things. Would they have done better? Would they have done worse? Who knows...but because Bush has done poorly in many instances, he's gettin' hammered. Not to mention it's not ALL Bush, but congress as well. Hindsight is 20/20, and it seems everyone has it all figured out now, 5 years AFTER the fact. Good job guys, Bush had zero time to figure out what to do.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Have you considered that bush has earned it?

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

I do think hes earned it, but i don't think that bashing the president is actually going to do anything. If hes going to get impeached whoever takes his place (is it the V.P? im not sure) is going to stick with the same agenda that has been laid down for decades. It's not bush, whoever got elected would do the same thing. Whether it was Kerry or Gore, if they don't stick to the agenda they are getting JFKed. People need to realize that whoever we choose (and most likely "we" aren't going to be the ones doing any choosing) is going to play by a set of rules layed down for them by a government that is never seen. But i guess since Bush is the one who is out there in the open, hes the target.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

You are correct up to a point and I agree with you but each president also has their own set of agenda above and beyond that of their owners...(you really should check out the mess he made in Texas over 6 years)...but what makes bush minor so bad and so dangerous.... is not only his agenda, or his owners, but the personal agenda of his vice-president, who is obviously just as if not more powerful than the president himself. If bush minor were to be impeached, we would have to impeach Cheney as well.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3_Libras
Not just that, but its coming from people who a few years ago I imagine wouldn't have had the balls to touch the subject, pathetic really. And whats happened to those that criticized him from the get go? They go unnoticed ofcourse. They were villains a few years ago, now they're just part of the mainstream, waiting, until they are lambasted for another event in the future where they take a stand

[edit on 22-8-2007 by 3_Libras]

funny how that works, isn't it?

well i dont really mind all the bush bashing.. i dont really agree with it but i don't disagree with it (by any means)either.

in a way im glad the entertainment community has finally caught up with the bush bashings.. maybe it will open some peoples eyes when they see that even the entertainment industry is making fun of their own leader.

when the president is being made fun of in the media and entertainment industry on a daily basis is kinda says something about the country.. dont you think?

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Let them cricize, he desrves it. He might not be making all the decisions but he was elected to regulate these.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conosimiento.
Let them cricize, he desrves it. He might not be making all the decisions but he was elected to regulate these.

Do you know what happens to those who try to buck the system? Can you say JFK?

[edit on 30-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

You are correct up to a point and I agree with you but each president also has their own set of agenda above and beyond that of their owners...(you really should check out the mess he made in Texas over 6 years)...but what makes bush minor so bad and so dangerous.... is not only his agenda, or his owners, but the personal agenda of his vice-president, who is obviously just as if not more powerful than the president himself. If bush minor were to be impeached, we would have to impeach Cheney as well.

Well, first of all, you must have limited understanding of politics in Texas. The governor in Texas is rather weak, as a matter of fact, it is the second weakest governor in the United States.. The lieutenant Governor is the one who wields the most power in Texas

So, Bush didn't do much to help nor harm Texas, Rick Perry did.. Secondly, I agree with you notion that Cheney is much to blame for a lot of what is occurring right now.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I understand, but is this how we want our politicians to act? Are we accepting the fact that there is a system and there is nothing we can do about it?

I guess just criticize uh?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Sure the slamming of Bush is getting kinda old, sort of like continuing to step on a bug that has long since ceased twitching. Bush aint done yet though, and I’ve got a bad feeling that there’ll be much more to criticize soon.

Originally posted by Jaruseleh

Clinton was just horny.

does the word "Kosovo" mean anything to you? THAT was Clinton's response to "being horny"...lets divert attention from my behavior by sending our troops to Kosovo.

That's the 'wag the dog' version of events, but the reality is that Clinton used the sex scandal to draw attention away from the war in Kosovo. Getting rid of Milosevic was necessary for the consolidation of Europe as a single political entity, though I realize that they're still working on that. For his efforts in this regard, Clinton was awarded the Charlemagne prize in 2000. This prize is given to the person who most contributes to European unity, Charlemagne being the first leader, along with the pope of the time, to unite Europe.

www.aachen.de...

As usual, Clinton's actions were about furthering the globalist agenda, not covering up behavior that just made him something of a hero in a lot of peoples eyes anyway.

new topics

top topics

join