It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Admin. Question About My Username.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm moving to another city like 15 minutes away from here, but my current internet provider doesnt have service in that area, so I will be without internet for a month or so. I know we will get Verizon Online DSL whenever we get the chance, but I don't know for sure when that will be, I just know it won't be anymore than a month or so from now.

So my question is, I know that the Admins delete users who have been enactive for quite a bit of time. So I was wondering if there was a way that the Admins can keep my name on the system until I get my internet service back?

I mean, I'll try my hardest to go to an Internet Caf� or a friends house to use internet and post on here to keep active while my internet is down. But I just want to make sure I'll have my 10DeadInside10 username when I get internet service again.

I also have a blog that ATS gave me to use, and I will also still try and update that as much as I can. So I also don't want to lose my blog either.

So to cut to the point, can the Admins keep my ATS and Blog accounts active until I get my net back? It would really mean a lot to me, thanks.

P.S. I have to take the cable modem back to Adelphia sometime today (Friday the 16th). So if anyone can respond soon hopefully, thanks again.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 10DeadInside10
So my question is, I know that the Admins delete users who have been enactive for quite a bit of time. So I was wondering if there was a way that the Admins can keep my name on the system until I get my internet service back?

My understanding is different, that purging involves only member IDs that never posted once. I don't think you have a problem!

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I believe the purge removes only posters who have never posted and who haven't logged on in over a month.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 10DeadInside10 So my question is, I know that the Admins delete users who have been enactive for quite a bit of time.
Only inactive accounts with zero posts are deleted. It becomes increasingly difficult (given the size of our database) to delete accounts with posts, the more posts that are made. After an account has about 20 posts, it's almost impossible to delete it without 'cascading' database errors.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Damn that's awesome. Was worried about not being able to have my ATS when I come back. Well see you all then!

top topics

join