It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Squad Lies about killings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I wonder if everyone here got into this sort of uproar when that unit of truck drivers that Jessica Lynch was on was rolled up in the beginning of the war.

They (Fedayeen Saddam) took the drivers and shot them in the forehead. I saw the photographs/video that was broadcasted after it happened. The only thing that saved the rest of them was Regular Iraqi Army troops came along and stopped it.

I guess since it was US troops that were executed, it just doesn't matter.

Since none of us were there, we don't know what was going on. Did one of the prisoners make a move to escape? Grab at someone's weapon?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Why do you think it doesn't matter that US troops were executed?

Whats been posted here to make you think that then?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by astmonster

Look man... Why are we in Iraq? We cant even asnswer that question. We are giving up on the hopes for a democratic govt that we thought out to make. Now we just want them to have a govt that runs... wait, didnt they have that with Saddam?
The point is, this entire war is stupid. I get it tho man, i understand that bad shiz happens in war like this. I dont blame the soldiers following orders. Their minds are twisted now, they have trouble seeing whats right and wrong. thats not their fault. So I look to the US govt to blame. I look at the Bush administration covering up something: the real reason we are in Iraq. NO ONE KNOWS! so you have to know that the US are the bad guys in this. We stuck our nose in someone elses business, now we are paying for it.
So if we completely disreguard our rules of war, what does that make us? We are already in Iraq for bull sh*t reasons... and weve already destroyed more homes and civilians than Saddam ever did... and now we are giving up on the govt that we got into power... so what would we be called if we started demolishing every person because one bullet flies at one of our Marines?
Do you not get the concept that these individuals are still human beings??? why does no one that makes statements like your give any reguard to human life? These people in Iraq are much less fortunate than you and me just because of where they are born... but they still have the rights of human beings in a war they did not start.
Respect life sir. Thats all I ask. You are NO better than any Iraqi civilian, soldier, rebel, etc... neither am I. I just hold more knowledge than they do, so its my responsibility to do the right thing and stand up against others out there that think like you do.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
I wonder if everyone here got into this sort of uproar when that unit of truck drivers that Jessica Lynch was on was rolled up in the beginning of the war.

They (Fedayeen Saddam) took the drivers and shot them in the forehead. I saw the photographs/video that was broadcasted after it happened. The only thing that saved the rest of them was Regular Iraqi Army troops came along and stopped it.

Since none of us were there, we don't know what was going on. Did one of the prisoners make a move to escape? Grab at someone's weapon?

Yeah man, did you post this is the wrong thread or something? This isnt just about the mudering of Iraqi civilians or "terrorists" or PoW, this is about following laws and making sure we are the example other powers look at... but even I think that idea is now flushed... I look to Canada now for the ideal national structure. Less military, more work for the people in that nation... but thats another thread all together.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I think everyone can agree (even the administration states as much) that the Iraqi war is a preemptive one (doesn't matter if the reasons are just or not, the war was initiated as a preemptive measure to Saddam going out of control, the context and subjectiveness of "out of control" depends on everyones personal standpoint)

Preemption by its very essence means the US attacked first.

For the trolls and baiters out there, Al-Quada attacked the US on 9/11, not Iraq and considering Saddam and his regime's standpoint on foreign influences like Al-Quada on Iraqi soil, its not just unlikely but near impossible that Saddam had anything to do with Al-Quada or 9/11, correct, Al-Quada is running rampant in Iraq since then, but thats because the only person keeping them out of Iraq (Saddam Hussein) has been taken out of the picture. The US opened the floodgates for that to happen.

So by the troll, earlier in this thread, logic. (or lack thereof) the Iraqi have every right to wipe out every US soldier, every US base and every US idea spreading in Iraq, because its the way of war, to kill 10000's if your attacked by 1.

Anyway, as for the actual topic, with the information provided, no one can know if this actually happened or not, someone testifying to it happening during a polygraph test would suggest the likelihood of this being true is high, but then again, polygraphs aren't infallible. So lets see where the investigation leads.

If it happened though, I think its appalling and is plain and simple murder.

Also, for the troll up there, in WW2 during the battle at Malmedy , the Germans killed 113 or so US soldiers that surrendered to the Germans, for the same reason (the Germans had to move with the front line and would be held back if they had to take care of the prisoners while doing so, next to that, they also didn't have enough resources and supplies to take care of the prisoners while advancing with the front, the correct thing to do in their case was turn back to base with the prisoners and rejoin the front afterwards.

In the case of this story, waiting for prisoner pickup or bringing them to base would've been the correct thing to do too. If its not for killing them being plain and simple murder, but prisoners can always be a source of information. Especially if they are, as said in the story, Iraqi freedom fighters and not just civilians.

ps. whats so cool about killing unarmed prisoners?

[edit on 24/8/07 by thematrix]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Why do you think it doesn't matter that US troops were executed?

Whats been posted here to make you think that then?

Nothing that's been posted here. Just the general feeling I get at times.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
Yeah man, did you post this is the wrong thread or something? This isnt just about the mudering of Iraqi civilians or "terrorists" or PoW, this is about following laws and making sure we are the example other powers look at... but even I think that idea is now flushed... I look to Canada now for the ideal national structure. Less military, more work for the people in that nation... but thats another thread all together.

Wrong thread? Nope. My post brings up what happened to captured US troops in the hands of enemy forces in Iraq. I believe that they are suppose to operate under laws of armed conflict also, not just the US.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

I understand that, but we cant do much about the way they act... but we CAN control, or have the power to enforce the laws that we make.
Its like the classic saying, if someone jumps off a bridge would you?
Just because they arent following the rules of conduct, doesnt mean that we shouldnt either.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Since the US is out policing the globe it should be held to AT LEAST the same standard it wants back. I think US army abroad should be held to a higher standard. Punish the misfits that are in there. All they do is give the army a bad name. That way, the reputation of the army as a whole can be maintained and words like just, and fair can be used instead of hypocritical and merciless.

Now, to the narrow minded individuals who say kill them all civilian or not, wow. America is over in Iraq for unknown reasons (democracy?) and we should just kill all these people who are no different than you, because you dont feel like sorting them out? Shoot, they are middle eastern, to hell with them? I wish great deals of bad karma upon the lot of you for such short sighted, ignorant, egotistical point of views.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join