It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Squad Lies about killings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Marine Squad Lies about killings

www.cnn.com

According to an affidavit from a Navy investigator, Nazario killed one prisoner and then asked his squad: "Who else wants to kill these guys? Because I don't want to do it all myself."

The prisoners -- four men who had been captured in a house that was the source of hostile gunfire -- were killed so the Marines could keep up with the rest of their unit in the early days of the November 2004 battle to recapture Falluja, the affidavit states.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
So basically the story says the men killed prisoners to keep up with the squad... which is against laws of war. You can;t kill prissoners of war.

We all know the army hides some things... but here is the excuse the army is giving...

But Kevin McDermott, Nazario's attorney, said his client denies the allegations completely.

"They didn't happen," McDermott told CNN.

He called the charges "a fish story" that originated from a former member of Nazario's squad who first made the allegations during a 2006 polygraph test the squad members took when applying for a job with the Secret Service.

The cover up looks a bit fishy to me, and it has congress interested.
do you guys think this is a cover up scandal?
who do you think is going to win?
whats going to happen to these marines that were following orders?
Have any other allegations like this been to court?

if proven true, i wonder if any other militants will come out and reveal how many other scandals and laws of conduct the US has broken

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-8-2007 by Odessy]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Rules of WAR? He did the right thing even if he did do this. Destroy the enemy, his family, his dog, the entire town. One bullet flies towards a Marine, destroy 10,000 square meters in that direction.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Rules of WAR? He did the right thing even if he did do this. Destroy the enemy, his family, his dog, the entire town. One bullet flies towards a Marine, destroy 10,000 square meters in that direction.

And that makes this unit no worse that those, Nazi Units who carried out mass murders during WW 2, There were prisoners of war there also. So fling out the geneva convention on human rights eh?? That unit should face the exact same thing that happenned to those found guilty of the holocaust. The death penalty.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by astmonster

is this a serious post? Ill give you the benefit of the doubt and say your joking... because that kind of mentality is sickening. wheres the ethicality. These people, families, entire towns, all consist of human beings... WE ARE THE SAME! we were just born in different areas of the world. Thats why war is bad period... sometimes neccasary, but thats why there are laws, to protect some of our human decency that seperate us from common animals.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone
That unit should face the exact same thing that happenned to those found guilty of the holocaust. The death penalty.

Meh, i dont think that the squad should face the death penalty. While i would certainatly not have participated in the shootings... the people who gave the order are the ones that need the most punishing. Thats the scary part, that people are powerful enough to give those types of orders and be able to get away with it.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

So much for the winning of the hart and minds of the people our nation was to liberate and bring democracy and freedom.

Pray that our nation never gets invaded and devastated by a military force with the same mentality as what you has posted above.

Denied ignorance.

My husband is a retired Marine and he never will agree with that statement. One thing is to kill in self defense and another to commit murder for sport.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Wow, i think the reason that there are no more responses to this thread is that you nailed it right on the head.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Marines are Trained to KILL the enemy, WAR kills humans and anything in the way. To hesitate is to die.........Kill the enemy....................

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Not Joking...........I like the Joshua approach........It works..........

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by spencerjohnstone

OK,,,,,,,,,,slowly.......USMC Good............(Say it with me)

NAZI Bad.............

If you dont know the difference please read up on it...........

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Well I do know the difference between the USMC and the Nazi's, and what you've written here is 100% pure "kill one of ours and we'll kill 100 of yours" arrogant, despicable Nazi policy, akin to how they dealt with resistance fighters in WW2.

And anyone who operates such a policy deserves to be prosecuted for War Crimes. Plain and simple.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Well after the WMD use in Fullajah we all know the geneva conventions have allready been thrown out by the US army - oh wait they are the only western country to not sign that willie pete is a WMD so that makes it ok then

if you throw out the rules , expect the same treament back; look at iraq today to see what happens when the rules are thrown out.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

That may be true but only the loser pays for war crimes not the winner and i agree with the kill em all statement why waste time with trying to figure out who the enemy is i think that if you are not with the us military you are against the US military!!

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by chimpy38
That may be true but only the loser pays for war crimes not the winner and i agree with the kill em all statement why waste time with trying to figure out who the enemy is i think that if you are not with the us military you are against the US military!!

Its not often I ask stuff like this but .... like are you about 12 years old?

Do you understand the concept at play here?

Can you even begin to imagine what it might be like for real troops - not video games - showing up in your neighbourhood and systematically killing every single person there because someone might have fired a shot from your district, or are you the kind of person who has to wait and watch as your parents, brothers and sisters, children and friends are systematically murdered by an occupying force right before your eyes before it actually gets through into your skull that the reason they are doing it is because they "don't want to waste time trying to figure out who the enemy is" - just before they shoot you for entirely the same reason despite the fact that you may have done nothing to them at all?

Is that lost on you?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
^^

oh no just use nukes - its not as if there really that bad are they , cause there not being used on us , and well , there just `nu-kler` like mr bush allways says. and can`t be all that bad. so long as we get them there terrorists who fied on our boys.

*the above is pure sarcasm if you didn`t understand what it meant - if you still dont just google it*

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I find it ironic that as always some people want to blame the entire U.S. military and all our soldiers for the actions of some...

If this story is true then those who commited these acts should pay, not the entire U.S. Marine corps, or the rest of the U.S. military....

Using something like this to blame the United States is nothing more than a red herring used time and again by some....

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

So, it is only ok to kill "one-for-one" in a war? The UN is out there counting like a doorman at a nightclub? That concept is what prolongs all wars. If attacked, demolish the ability to make war. Take away the very thought from your enemies mind. Make it so 10 generations if any survive, will not even think of attacking...............

That is NOT Nazism. It truely sickens me when under-educated people use the "nazi" comparision with no knowledge base of the real term.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
astmonster

So, tell us who the Iraqis attacked or declared war to, that they now deserve to be invaded, occupied, killed and have their nation destroyed.

I will be waiting to know your answer. . .

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by astmonster

Me? uneducated? Nope.

If you were a Marine you would know all about the Geneva convention and the rights pertaining to Civilians and Non-combatants, and you would sure as hell know that carrying out what you suggested in your opening post is enough to get you court martialed and prosecuted for war crimes.

There is a huge difference between attacking an armed enemy and removing the threat, and attacking the civilian population.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join