It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA didn’t do enough to stop 9/11, report finds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I thought you guys would like to read this.... just out today:

WASHINGTON - The CIA’s top leaders failed to use their available powers, never developed a comprehensive plan to stop al-Qaida and missed crucial opportunities to thwart two hijackers in the run-up to Sept. 11, the agency’s own watchdog concluded in a bruising report released Tuesday.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
There seems to be a lot of harping on bin Laden in the report, according to the linked article. The CIA are faulted in any number of ways for not giving Al Qaeda the attention it deserved as a threat. It's very peculiar that to my knowledge the FBI has yet to say they have hard evidence linking bin Laden with 9/11.

The CIA wasn't paying enough attention to bin Laden and the FBI has no hard evidence linking bin Laden to the crime. In the days following 9/11 somebody, I'm guessing prime movers within the Bush administration, arranged for bin Laden family members to be flown out of the country after only cursory questioning. What a conundrum.

After having viewed the PBS documentary "The Dark Side" which deals with the CIA's trials and tribulations in it's attempts to do the bidding of first the Clinton and then the Bush administration, I have to wonder if this isn't more window dressing to lead angry Americans away from any suggestion that their political representatives might be at fault with respect to 911.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
So i guess we can expect people in the CIA to get punnished. If I screwed up and allowed 3k people to die I would expect some kind of reprocussions, there should be some serious pink slips going out!

But really tho, I'm seeing this pattern lately. Everyone is calling the goverment incompient about the 9/11 events so i guess it makes it accecptable to what happened. If it really was just a case of incompetence don't you guys at least want to see people punnished for messing up so bad?

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
According to the article I read in the paper today it said no single person was negligent but collectively they all couldn't seem to put 2 and 2 together to make 4. Sounds just like the 911 Commissions whitewash to me. No individual culpability, but man we got caught with "our" pants down.

top topics

join